[Dev Team] 2.6.3 Patch Released [checksum ae56]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I am really curious, and wouldn't mind a dev response, as to how the devs came to the conclusion that 2.6.3 didn't introduce any major bugs and was ready for release, given the significant amount of feedback on the forums suggesting otherwise. Are we all misinformed somehow, or where is the disconnect?

Hello! I repeat my problem because it has not been fixed in any patch since the beginning of version 2.6. However, I see that others are almost silent on this matter. Is my problem only? This is not a bug? For me, it completely destroys the immersion of the game - other players don't notice it, don't care or don't have this problem?

Here is more about the problem...

I hope someone fixes it :(

The devs lack of acknowledgement to the issues being reported infuriates me to no end. I'll definitely not be buying anything else for this game until they start talking to us properly.
The correct way for developers to talk to us is to release updates which fix more (and worse) bugs than they create.

That's the steak; all other forms of communication by the developers are just the gravy.

I notice there is still no addition of an option to stop Synthetic Evolution pops growing, why i stopped playing the style. I turn the entire species machines just to get stuck with a ridiculous pop growth I can't stop or even hinder. They need the same option machine and hive empires have being able to turn off pop production via planetary edict. until it's added literally no point taking that route its just a bullet to ones own head or in this case save file.

I notice there is still no addition of an option to stop Synthetic Evolution pops growing, why i stopped playing the style. I turn the entire species machines just to get stuck with a ridiculous pop growth I can't stop or even hinder. They need the same option machine and hive empires have being able to turn off pop production via planetary edict. until it's added literally no point taking that route its just a bullet to ones own head or in this case save file.
Just... disable the Replicator jobs. That's actually MORE effective than the planetary decisions, since it costs no Influence.

Just thought I’d ask for Test Tables so we can check what is working as intended before someone assumes that there’s no issues with a beta before releasing it.

Save games shouldn't be adversely affected by the switch from 2.6.2 to 2.6.3, but just in case you do encounter issues, you can roll back to a prior version via right click on Stellaris in library -> properties -> betas -> choose the desired version.

If you want to do crossplay MP between Steam and our other release platforms (Plaza/GOG/MS Store), you need to opt in to the crossplay beta, stellaris_test, by the same method.

I was wondering if there is an Issue with the crossplay on the stellaris_test beta for 2.6.3. I personally play on GOG while my friends run it on steam and we cant seem to play together without going on the roll rollback.

Guys, I'm sorry to be the first to jump in and start complaining, but are Ethics ACTUALLY FIXED?

Reason I'm capsing is, it's the third announcement you guys have made stating they'd been fixed, and they still failed to shift towards the expected quotas.

More importantly, suppressing factions doesn't do a thing: my suppressed Spiritualist faction gets bigger than most other "minor" factions (aka the minor Ethic faction, and other minor factions like Xenophiles or Xenophobes that pop up due to bordering events, diplomacy, etc).

Edit: to clarify, I haven't tested it after this announcement yet, so I'll give it a shot later today through the Peaceful Unification origin, then Void-Dwellers for 100 years, and come back with the results. D:
factions dont matter anyways? i never paid any attention to any faction, never had a tangible impact.

factions dont matter anyways? i never paid any attention to any faction, never had a tangible impact.

It's an interesting thought. My take is they haven't mattered much because when they are created they are generally aligned to your empire's ethics and didn't really change much after that, regardless of your pop ethics attraction. Factions SHOULD matter because they are prime drivers of two things: influence and happiness. Influence matters for obvious reasons, and happiness SHOULD matter if stability were a little harder to come by. (As a side note, it's always felt weird to me that influence is the cost of promoting or suppressing a faction, since influence is what you gain from happy factions).

For example, if you're taking in a lot of refugees as a xenophile empire, you should end up with a lot of shift in pop ethics. Because of the differing ethics of those new pops, new factions should arise, and the pops following those factions may not be happy at all. This should drag down your overall stability and impact production, potentially resulting in low stability events. This would also reduce your influence gain, making it harder to enact edicts, make claims, or other influenced based activities.

There's a lot of potential for new game mechanics around ethics too. Right now there's very little an empire can do to directly affect the ethics of it's neighbors pops, but imagine if you could have an influence campaign. This would be a new dimension of conflict aside from war that would allow you to destabilize a rival by making their pops adopt your ethics, which would reduce that empire's resource output, happiness, and stability. The introduction of religion could tie in here too, with religions being aligned to certain ethics. Pops could adopt and spread religion as a means to shift ethics attraction and drive both alliances and conflict. Empires could either adopt a state religion or choose to allow many religions. Add in some bonuses related to all this and you've got a fantastic model for non-warfare based conflict utilizing mechanics that largely already exist in the game, but are underutilized.

Should probably get ethics working again, then make happiness matter a lot more. As it stands right now, I just don't much care if factions are happy. It's nice if they are, but it's not that important. There are no real consequences for having a faction at 20%.

I have an issue where the New Khanate is Dispicable neutrals. Is anyone else getting this or is it my mods messing up? Most of my mods is tech stuff so it should't have be affecting civics and governments.

Also, could you not have starting planet pops start with completely randomized ethics?

Used to play Stellaris a lot with a friend in multiplayer prior to the Federation release. Something changed in regard of game speed. After it was impossible to play on fastest speed, or even fast. He would end up lag 3 days behind and the game would choke on itself (or if he hosted, I would end up do the same). Whenever we started out a new game, we preferred to play on fastest speed, because watching grass grow is not fun. And before; It must be your riggs or connection.. No, nothing changed, and we play all kinds of multiplayer/online games together.

edit; we just tried a new game this morning, and still got out of sync issues. as well. Not even 50 years into a new game. :/

Last edited:
I know the devs are trying as best they can (hopefully?) but if I could wish for a few things to get some tweaks I would ask for this:

1. Ethics: pops start with random ethics with no regard to your government ethics
Example: you could be a Fanatical Xenophobe empire and have more pops on your home world start of as Xenophiles than Xenophobes, is that intended?

2. More Ethics: In a game in 2.6.3 I had a faction suppressed for like a 100 or so years and it was still growing, were I just unlucky? It seemed really weird.

3. I recently tried to trigger an AI uprising in my empire since I've read on the wiki that the event should offer players the option to switch empire and start playing as the newly spawned rebellion. No such luck, the event is broken and doesn't give you that option.

4. Please fix the scroll bar for some of the UI containers?

Anyway these are just some of my thoughts, I Love the game and just want it to get better :)