[Dev Team] 2.6.3 Patch Released [checksum ae56]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hark. ‘Tis that the scurrying keys of 2.6.4 I hear?
It would be nice of Paradox, but didn't they state previously that 2.6.3 is supposed to be the last patch before the May update?

Hark. ‘Tis that the scurrying keys of 2.6.4 I hear?
We're in mid-April already, and there's a free content patch (presumably 2.7.0) scheduled for (sometime in) May.

The odds of a 2.6.4 bugfix patch happening seem... slim.

We're in mid-April already, and there's a free content patch (presumably 2.7.0) scheduled for (sometime in) May.

The odds of a 2.6.4 bugfix patch happening seem... slim.

I'd personally rather they focus on making 2.7 a good release rather than continue to play whack-a-mole with bugs. Especially when it seems half of their 'fixes' cause more problems than they solve.

Haven't bought Federations or distant stars due to the bugs still present in the game. I was almost going to, until I saw the station upgrade bug, the allied military ai bugs, the inability to declare liberation wars as a federation bug, and so on.

And I won't be buying or playing seriously until they're fixed. I'm not asking the earth. I'm not even complaining about sector ai or lag. I just want the game to actually function.

And I have a bunch of friends who cba to keep as close a watch, waiting for my go ahead to buy dlc too. They agree that until these bugs are fixed, no money.

For me this x10 and x25 crisis is perfect to play with,i didn't expect it ,but applause for that!!
Next,i m waiting for primitives to be more frequent even after galaxy surveyed,like some evolution on tomb worlds,or deserted ring worlds,what ever,or if planet is purged by crisis,killing all inhabitants,i would like something to thrive

Haven't bought Federations or distant stars due to the bugs still present in the game. I was almost going to, until I saw the station upgrade bug, the allied military ai bugs, the inability to declare liberation wars as a federation bug, and so on.

And I won't be buying or playing seriously until they're fixed. I'm not asking the earth. I'm not even complaining about sector ai or lag. I just want the game to actually function.

And I have a bunch of friends who cba to keep as close a watch, waiting for my go ahead to buy dlc too. They agree that until these bugs are fixed, no money.

By the time they fix these bugs I'm sure they will have created many more in the process. Ethics shifting has been broken for the best part of 3 years and their 'fix' still doesn't make the system work functionally.

Robots that are released from servitude should no longer occasionally decide to use their newfound freedom to purge themselves.

Well this exactly happened today to me after i gave my robot servants right to colonize planets. They were (and are) purged without any way to switch it off.

Guys, I'm sorry to be the first to jump in and start complaining, but are Ethics ACTUALLY FIXED?

Reason I'm capsing is, it's the third announcement you guys have made stating they'd been fixed, and they still failed to shift towards the expected quotas.

More importantly, suppressing factions doesn't do a thing: my suppressed Spiritualist faction gets bigger than most other "minor" factions (aka the minor Ethic faction, and other minor factions like Xenophiles or Xenophobes that pop up due to bordering events, diplomacy, etc).

Edit: to clarify, I haven't tested it after this announcement yet, so I'll give it a shot later today through the Peaceful Unification origin, then Void-Dwellers for 100 years, and come back with the results. D:
Cannot agree more.
This is so frustrating, even to counter-intuitive. From the days faction introduced, it has been running smoothly for most part. I can make do with statue quo, but still. Why would players have to be punished for doing nothing in 2.6.x update?

Pop starting ethics are still basically random upon game start. I realise I'm starting to be a broken record at this point, but can you please fix this Paradox.

Attachments

• 20200416130810_1.jpg
    20200416130810_1.jpg
    227,2 KB · Views: 76
Why was it a bug to be able to replace shipyards?
Now if you replace the shipyard it no longer gets replaced and stays as a shipyard. You just can't built ships anymore. Or dismantle the broken shipyard because it is apparently in use even though i never build any ships.

View attachment 567428 View attachment 567429
That's a pretty significant bug.

Still no fix for League of Unaligned Powers adding Empires at War with each other? It's really annoying as I had the federation I was so close to turning into a Strongest rule/status change succession federation get co-opted to become the League. Both the machines and organics of a machine uprising joined and now can't fight each other to end their war. Neither can I make any changes to succession as the federation isn't at peace despite me not being at war with either of them. It's just a mess.

@ before anyone can get on my case about it, I indeed uploaded a bug report a fortnight ago :p.

New patch seems to have broken Void Dwellers origin? It doesn't give me the correct starting system, and the race I had from the last Void Dwellers game I played was listed as broken because it had the Void Dwellers starting system.

I hope this isn't the last patch before 2.7. There are major, major bugs in AI that need to be addressed:

the 2.6 AI energy budget changes have broken AI planning:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...is-ai-does-not-respect-energy-budget.1371154/
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...pires-not-floating-500-energy-in-2-6.1360205/

... in particular, that seems to have affected AI not upgrading starbases, a HUGE balance issue that PDX has not commented on:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...starbase-in-timely-manner-2-6-1-65d2.1362262/
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...-3-fix-the-ai-starbase-upgrade-issue.1371095/

on a related point, sector management AI doesn't know what to do with the resources you give it, unless it's a monthly contribution -- the automation is broken, meaning players must micromanage ALL their planets:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...sector-colony-automation-not-working.1363017/
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...completely-broken-even-in-2-6-3-beta.1373618/

...when you put it all together, with the new military AI, you just get stagnation in the endgame where the crisis doesn't know how to kill AI empires and AI empires are too incompetent to fight a crisis (year 3304):
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...-with-no-ai-knowing-how-to-win-a-war.1376309/
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...ll-in-stalemate-with-the-contingency.1376242/

2.6.4, please! Just a few more fixes! We don't care about new features right now!

I'd like to thank everyone for making the above post my most-upvoted post ever on the forums here.

Also, Jman5 and YokoZar have pretty much figured out the AI starbase upgrade problem. A summary is found in this post (and the couple posts after it):
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...se-upgrade-issue.1371095/page-3#post-26483691
I encourage everyone to read that thread and contribute to it if you have useful information or can test their ideas.

It seems like PDX could quickly fix this for 2.6.4/2.7, if they prioritize it.

I'd personally rather they focus on making 2.7 a good release rather than continue to play whack-a-mole with bugs. Especially when it seems half of their 'fixes' cause more problems than they solve.
the problem is every new release also causes more problems.

lets look at two issues in particular;

First, broken CBs if in a Federation. Keep in mind that 2.6 was the federation patch, and yet part of federations, is broken. I've not experienced this bug personally and so can not comment on it. However...

The other thing broken right now is the Commonwealth of Man. This is one of the core pre-made empires in the game, and it seems to frequently not-spawn the UNE as it is supposed too.

From where I sit, the game is broken into "core features" and "bonus features". The latter includes mods, and in my opinion, the scroll bar issue is in there. As I see it, from a business perspective, they can let a bonus feature be broken for a while in order to work on the next patch. A core feature, however, is something that the game is marketed on. The UNE, for example, is *the* primary pre-made empire in the game, and if stellaris would crash every time you'd load it up, I'd consider that to be a broken core feature. Something would be done about it asap. This is why the broken CB or the Commonwealth of Man not using its Origin properly hit me as broken core features. When you say "we have this new thing that will do X" and it does not do X, it rubs me the wrong way. It may be because I'm Canadian, and if a physical retailer were to do that, they'd be hit with a lawsuit; one that would be very easy to win under Canadian law. One could argue Stellaris never said that the Commonwealth of Man would continue to spawn the UNE, or that Federations would do CBs bug free; but the 'spirit' of the concept (that you don't say you are doing X, but fail to do X because of bugs) still does not sit right.

I bought Federations and consider it a good purchase; but I'm starting to worry more and more that this game is headed the way of HoI4, which had major issues releasing new content that was broken back the last time I played.

I bought Federations and consider it a good purchase; but I'm starting to worry more and more that this game is headed the way of HoI4, which had major issues releasing new content that was broken back the last time I played.

Well, vote with your wallet. I own every expansion/DLC except the two most recent, because I am not yet satisfied with the quality of those products. If they want my money on release, there needs to be an improvement in quality control. Otherwise I will wait for a sale, if I buy it at all.

The devs lack of acknowledgement to the issues being reported infuriates me to no end. I'll definitely not be buying anything else for this game until they start talking to us properly.