• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

K1600Mike

Sergeant
Jun 18, 2018
The enemy's work ours don't?

Twice now I could not target an enemy mech even when inside its circle. Not even to shoot lasers or melee.
My last encounter with a CTF-0X was that I needed 2 mechs from my lance to be inside the circle to shoot any kind of weapons. It's not just limited to missile lock.

On the other hand they can shoot lasers and ballistics all they want if within visual range at my ECM Mech.

The key here is that I believe the Enemy ECM Carrier retained BOTH its ECM charges, so when you breached its “protected area,” you eliminating only a single charge.

Whereas you had already expended one of your ECM Carrier’s ECM charges, so that when the AI breached your “protected area” the last and final ECM Charge was eliminated, thus making your ECM Carrier both visible and targetable.

The above would explain both situations. If you have any questions, please let me know.

And as ever, good luck and good BATTLETECH gaming. :bow:

Are you firing with your ECM mech? You lose 1 of your 2 stealth charges when you do this. Then all it takes is for them to break the ECM bubble with a mech or sensor locking your ECM mech to cause it to lose all it's stealth.

annoying but on my 2nd playthrough I give everyone sensor lock. I find tactical skills to be essential.
I’ve never taken it quite that far but I do so enjoy 3-Sensor Locks and pummeling a Light Scout with some heavy Firepower. : )

The key here is that I believe the Enemy ECM Carrier retained BOTH its ECM charges, so when you breached its “protected area,” you eliminating only a single charge.

Whereas you had already expended one of your ECM Carrier’s ECM charges, so that when the AI breached your “protected area” the last and final ECM Charge was eliminated, thus making your ECM Carrier both visible and targetable.

The above would explain both situations. If you have any questions, please let me know.

And as ever, good luck and good BATTLETECH gaming. :bow:

No haven't moved or fired yet, enemy gets to shoot from outside the bubble no missiles but lasers and ballistics can hit any mech in the bubble if they are in line of sight.

No haven't moved or fired yet, enemy gets to shoot from outside the bubble no missiles but lasers and ballistics can hit any mech in the bubble if they are in line of sight.
Enemy Sensor Locking?
Does the Enemy have a Raven, and if so did it perform a Sensor Sweep?

Strange behaviour... in my last contract the Liao OpFor Lance included a Cataphract CTF-0X shielding the other Mechs, so I jumped my lance’s Cyclops CP-10-HQ inside the OpFor ‘s ECM area; then my avatar-piloted Highlander HGN-732B headcapped the ECM Cataphract with a salvo of 3 ER M laser++ and a Gauss rifle ++ round. Business a usual and no AI ECM strange behavior at all...

Strange behaviour... in my last contract the Liao OpFor Lance included a Cataphract CTF-0X shielding the other Mechs, so I jumped my lance’s Cyclops CP-10-HQ inside the OpFor ‘s ECM area; then my avatar-piloted Highlander HGN-732B headcapped the ECM Cataphract with a salvo of 3 ER M laser++ and a Gauss rifle ++ round. Business a usual and no AI ECM strange behavior at all...
Given the Cataphract likely fired on you, it only had a single ECM Charge so the breech of its protected area by your Cyclops removed that last ECM Charge, allowing the Highlander takedown. Nothing here is strange.

What had you seen earlier that might have been out of the ordinary?

I ask because if an ECM Bug has emerged and can be documented, given ECM’s importance to the game, we just might be able to get a Paradox fix/patch or at least make our best case for a fix/patch, but only if we can sufficiently document it,

Given the Cataphract likely fired on you, it only had a single ECM Charge so the breech of its protected area by your Cyclops removed that last ECM Charge, allowing the Highlander takedown. Nothing here is strange.

What had you seen earlier that might have been out of the ordinary?

I ask because if an ECM Bug has emerged and can be documented, given ECM’s importance to the game, we just might be able to get a Paradox fix/patch or at least make our best case for a fix/patch, but only if we can sufficiently document it,
No no, I’ ve never experienced anything strange. :D I was replying to the OP which talked about a strange ECM behavior. ECM works just fine for either my outfit or the OpFor in my game. :cool:

OK it's working now. 2 possibilities. 1. I may have salvaged the ECM Cataphract before the Raven prototype flashpoint. I'm not really sure or 2. I did run the verify files and it may have fixed something and my ECM is working now. Also the enemy ECM is now working correctly too. If my mechs breach their bubble I can see them.

Last edited:
OK it's working now. 2 possibilities. 1. I may have salvaged the ECM Cataphract before the Ravin prototype flashpoint I'm not really sure or I did a verify files and it fixed something and my ECM is working now. I haven't encountered the enemy ECM since I did verify files.

Before it can appear on procedural missions, the ECM Cataphract requires the Raven Flashpoint to be completed.