• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

_Arzakon_

Captain
53 Badges
Jan 19, 2008
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Magicka 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
Hi all,

I have just decided to spend a short time creating a quick "fix" to add the rest of the Great Works to Elder Kings. They have no special features related to the Elder Scrolls world and some elements had to be taken away to avoid breaking immersion too much. Here's a full list of features:

- Removed Hindi, Buddhist and Jewish Great Temples (not fitting any religion).
- Removed some upgrades not fitting lore/events/function or that required too much work for a simple fix (Giant Cross, Relic Tomb, Custodian of the Mosque, Hostel, Custodian of Temple, Guardian of the Deep, Master of the Games, Automata Throne, Fountain of Youth, Herb Garden, Keeper of Tomes, Guardian of Knowledge)
- Made Cathedrals available for Human Pantheons (Eight Divines, Nine Divines, Maruhkati)
- Made Mosques available for Yokudan Pantheon and Kahjiit Pantheon.
- Made Great Temple available for the rest of the religions.
- Reduced tech requirement for Grand Fortress, made it escalate with stages (Tech in EK is slow, making it to 4 in two different techs takes way too long)
- Changed tech requirement for Great Walls to be in line with the Grand Fortress.
- Added misc Elder Kings upgrades to all other wonders except temples, where only some of them were added.
- Made the Amphiteater available to Imperial cultures (Imperial, Colovian, Nibenean) and Reguard cultures (Crown, Forebear, Lhotunic, Yokudan).
- Despite my best efforts, this is still a SHORT, SIMPLE fix to add the rest of Great Works. There may be some inconsistencies (for example some Mosque upgrades text). If you find any and you want to contribute, tell me and I will try to change it (within reason); also there are no cool graphics, just vanilla ones.
- Expect this fix to be obsolete really soon. The EK team keeps adding stuff and they will sooner or later do the Great Works properly.
- Made for SVN revision 589.

To install, simply unpack the ZIP file attached into your mod folder and check the EK Great Works SVN Fix mod in your mod tab together with your latest EK SVN revision.

And as always, thanks to the EK team for such a wonderful mod.

Attachments

• EK_Greatworks.zip
    15,3 KB · Views: 395
Cool! Thanks for this! I'm wondering though, were Guardian of the Deep, Master of Games, Guardian of Knowledge, Fountain of Youth, and Herb Garden of the "don't make sense" or the "needs more than just adding them back in" category?

As some localisations of those titles might refer to some things present in vanilla CK2 but not in Elder Scrolls universe, plus the lack of any reference to those things in the official lore, I just made it as simple as possible and removed them. Considering, though, the completely new and different approach the EK team is pursuing in the SVN I'm pretty sure this mod will be outdated very soon, as the standard rule will be for rulers to have the advantage of a single wonder and wonders will all be historical.

Considering, though, the completely new and different approach the EK team is pursuing in the SVN I'm pretty sure this mod will be outdated very soon, as the standard rule will be for rulers to have the advantage of a single wonder and wonders will all be historical.
This feels like the more relevant point. Of my list the Fountain of Youth is really the only thing that is theoretically dependent on IRL lore, but even it has room to be wedged in with a bit of mental gymnastics.