[Mod] ST: New Horizons: A Stellaris Total Conversion

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I love your mod and I've tried twice to get enough material to start an actual play thread, but each time I get distracted. Last time I tried was December, do you think the latest patches would have made a game from December impossible to continue?

I love your mod and I've tried twice to get enough material to start an actual play thread, but each time I get distracted. Last time I tried was December, do you think the latest patches would have made a game from December impossible to continue?

Perhaps, but there is also the possibility to download and use an older version of Stellaris.

Hey, quick question: Does it work with 2.6.xx? Tried downloading it again but the Mod still says its for 2.5. only? Did I do something wrong or don't we have a working version with 2.6.?

It's updated for 2.6.2.
Are you, by chance, opted into the beta 2.6.3? That could be an issue.

If not, try un- and re-subscribing.

I tried that already. Completely deleted Stellaris, deleted the File in the Documents/Paradox/Stellaris, as Grinsel told us to do in the Steam Workshop. But it does not work. I did everything that Grinsel told us to do, when faced with a false "needs 2.5", but this is still not working. So what else can I do? Somebody any ideas?

I tried that already. Completely deleted Stellaris, deleted the File in the Documents/Paradox/Stellaris, as Grinsel told us to do in the Steam Workshop. But it does not work. I did everything that Grinsel told us to do, when faced with a false "needs 2.5", but this is still not working. So what else can I do? Somebody any ideas?

Go to Documents -> Paradox Interactive -> Stellaris -> mod, and delete the .mod files in there and start the game again. I was having the same issues and this is what worked for me.

Reactions:
Go to Documents -> Paradox Interactive -> Stellaris -> mod, and delete the .mod files in there and start the game again. I was having the same issues and this is what worked for me.

Thanks a lot that helped with the Mod itself, but the Mod Music still won't play. There is still the old problem, that I need version 2.... Do you have any ideas left?^^

Can the AI form the united federation of planets? I'd love to see this. I'd love to be able to have the federation as a rival when I start as the romulans or cardassians or whatever.... but I'm wondering, is it even possible for the AI to form the federation? Or can only the player do that?

I love this mod and the attention to detail is amazing, one thing that does get to me though is the volume of the federation phaser effect. Its so loud it over bears other sound effects to the point I can't zoom into battle as am I can hear it the phaser volume blasting away.

I'm probably the only one this annoys, but are you able to tell me where the sound is located in the mod files so I can adjust the volume of that specific sound ? Thank you :)

Are space amobea/crystaline entities/ancient mining droids supposed to spawn in this mod?
I've got them in my galaxy, but they cannot be researched, they're just unknown aliens (but I recognize their art).

Last edited:
Hi, I am maybe willing to buy this game for this mod. But, does this mov improve the ai ? The vanilla ai seems bad according to various forum. I am looking for challenging and immersive games.

Hi, I am maybe willing to buy this game for this mod. But, does this mov improve the ai ? The vanilla ai seems bad according to various forum. I am looking for challenging and immersive games.
The immersion is absolutely great if you like Star Trek. For a challenging game it depends on the faction/Race you like to play as. While Earth starts rather small, it snowballs heavy as the Federation on the other side of the major factions the Cardassians / Romulans start way stronger but have an enemy next door how likes to ever expand.

The most fun game I had was as the Orion-Syndicate, which in the end I lost to a Klingon / (Andorian-based)Federation alliance and the weakness of my Romulan allies .. which was actually very immersive.

Raises Hand:

1) How does one deal with Empire Sprawl? I found a Tradition that increased administrative capacity, but know things will get nasty again. I haven't figured out how to expand it.

2) Is there a way to zoom in on the Research Tree? When I pull it up it's super tiny and I can't read it.

Raises Hand:

1) How does one deal with Empire Sprawl? I found a Tradition that increased administrative capacity, but know things will get nasty again. I haven't figured out how to expand it.

2) Is there a way to zoom in on the Research Tree? When I pull it up it's super tiny and I can't read it.

On imgur download the image as a file, then you'll have the real image, you can then zoom in and read it. If your looking at it online it might just be a thumbnail of the real image which is a much smaller file and if you zoom in it is super blurry.

As far as empire sprawl goes, it's much more brutal in this mod than in the base game, but there are a few techs to raise it, a very few. You do want to keep in mind though that there are 90 AI's not 20-30, so I think empire sprawl is meant to keep anyone from totally 100% snowballing too early, you can always make vassals and federations though, or just put up with the penalties. Admin cap is much harder to raise in this mod, but empire sprawl actually goes up much much more slowly from population than in vanilla, mouse over it and see what's actually contributing to your problems. Then maybe consider not expanding into weak systems that just aren't worth much. 1system=10population. 1 colony =50 population. So yeah, expanding wide is a bit harder in this mod, but expanding tall is vastly improved. It's designed to try and keep the gamma quandrant from being 100% conquered before you ever learn it exists.

And now a question from me:

Is there a galactic community? and a galactic market?
I just paid everyone in the universe to meet everyone they know, and now I've met 90% of the galaxy, at least by systems, maybe there are a lot of 1 system races though that are keeping the community from forming?

Last edited:
1-1-2200 the event chain for the galactic market fired, the galactic community doesn't exist. So yeah, looks like the market just always fires in 2200, and the GC doesn't exist. That's fine though, I'm the ferengi and my entire empire focus on traders is reliant on the market opening and me being able to exploit it, feels very ferengi-ish!!!