• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@Dark Khaos

Greetings! Someone else reported the same issue with not being able to unpack the file. Apparently they had an older version of WinRAR and once they upgraded to the newest version they were unable to unpack it. You might try this is you haven't already. Maybe with the next mod version i'll just upload it in the .zip format.

I don't have it posted anywhere else, but if you continue to have issues let me know and I'll work out a way to get it to you/make it available elsewhere.

I’ll check to see what version 7zip I’m running and if that doesn’t do it I’ll try WinRAR.
Thanks!

EDIT: Can confirm latest version of 7zip works to unpack Elite Forces .rar

Cheers!

Last edited:
I just posted an update on Nexus with some fixes and additional features!

Version 1.4

~No more weak pirates! "spawn_poorly_maintained_xx" tags removed from vanilla procedural contracts. This means spawned Opfor units will no longer have armor reductions. Note that Flashpoints and campaign/story contracts have not been modified.

~All Elite Force pilots now have names. Names were taken from notable pilots in the original TRO3025. The names seen will only be their last names however.

~Added 26 new pilots, evening out the numbers and available skillsets across all difficulties.

~Added 21 new lancedefs with new predefined lance types/roles

~Optimized all previous (mod specific) lancedefs to be a bit more role oriented and adjusted rarity a bit (will continue to test rarity). Also, set up lances to pull from the elite segment of the pilot pool to allow for more skill variation each time a given def is spawned (specific pilots were being called with defs previously)

~~RVN-1X1 -swapped 1 MLas for TAG

~Modified the BSK-MAZX to run a bit cooler

~Fixed free tonnage issues with the BL-6b-KNTX, ZEU-5TX, and MAD-2RX (this one also had invalid equipment now fixed)

~For some reason the vanilla BL-6b-KNT had 4 double heat sinks installed in each leg, I distributed the extra heatsinks across mech locations.

~~added 17 new advanced variants
ASN-101X
AS7-DX1
AS7-DX2
BLR-1GX
BSK-M3X
CTF-1XA
CTF-1XB
GHR-5HX
GRF-1SX
JM6-SX
JVN-10NX
JR7-DX
KTO-18X1
KTO-18X2
RVN-1X2
TDR-5SX
VL-5TX

Greetings everyone,

I had to put up a quick version update. I try not to put up new versions until there are enough useful and important adds/fixes, so you all dont have to keep re-downloading. However, there was enough dumb little things found to push one out, so better to just get this stuff fixed now. I try to validate and inspect everything, but sometimes things get through, thank you for you understanding!

Version 1.4.1

GHR-5HX I had the jumpjets set as the wrong component type and fixed a couple extra characters

AS7-D-HTX, WHM-7AX, HCT-3FX1 & HGN-732bX -mechdef typos fixed

CRB-27 and PHX-bX File naming error from exports. -fixed

Variant names fixed for AS7-D-HTX, ON-VX2 & CTF-1XA

Added heraldrydef to the last batch of mechs

ok....so....i like to make thing more difficult and challenging for myself in this game.
thats one of the 2 reasons i started using mods.
i have mods that increase the difficulty level of the opfor past what is in normal settings.
and mods that ADD extra opfor lances to missions and FPs
plus all kinds of extra mech variants that the opfor can also use including some custom stuff
and a mix of other things to make thing interesting

and then i added into the mix your mod @Zeb Lazarus

so here i go to do Davion Alliance FP as i have done before......
mind you i have less then 200days left in a 1500 days career.....i got all kindsa goodies and tricked out mechs and maxed pilots.
heck...ive only got 1 pilot on the memorial wall so far.

then i did this alliance FP.
holy smashed metal batman
lost 2 pilots to headshots plus 4 more injured
end of the day i had 5 mechs in need of refit not just basic repair.
had to really think especially after losing a tricked out SL Highlander and Bullshark to headshots.

but man what a blast

thanks for this mod....it is the icing on the difficulty mod cake i have built for myself
:D

@unclecid Nice, good to hear its working as intended! haha

Yeah I've had a couple of bad losses recently, just had one where I lost two mechs and another mostly destroyed (pilot had to punch out) before I was forced to withdraw (all my mechs were fitted with top level gear). Just this morning I lost Glitch (R.I.P.) when her fully decked out Annihilator got vaporized during a run-in with an lance of advanced Atlases.

I'm still running a mostly vanilla game though outside of this mod, since I'm still doing some testing and monitoring mod performance. Once I'm done though I want to add some other mods and tweaks in to up the difficulty as well. Some pretty good mods out there, plus I have some more personal tweaks I want to add in.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback, glad you are enjoying it!

Take care

Greetings!

I just wanted to post that I have a new update out for Elite Forces - now version Version 1.5! Get it at Nexus Mods :)

~Version 1.5

~This is a small update that adds faction tags to Elite Forces Advanced Mechs/Vehicles and Pilots that are used for the 40 or so new minor factions introduced with Hyades Rim. This just allows Hyades Rim contracts, that use dynamic pools, to pull from these Mechs and Vehicles. All of the Elite Forces Pilots will already show up in Hyades Rim forces.

~Added faction tags for all the Hyades Rim Mod new minor factions (40 or so) to all of the Elite forces Advanced Mechs and Advanced Vehicles. Elite Forces LanceDefs did not change, that means the main Houses and Factions can (still) field full lances of advanced mech/vehicles/pilots, but all of HR minor factions will be mixed lances, except by chance.

NOTE: There are no dependencies or conflicts between this mod and Hyades Rim. Also, non-Hyades Rim games will not be effected in any way by this change. If you play EF and HR together and do not want this change, use version 1.4.1 (it still posted on d/l page)

This was not a requested change, but something I wanted to do because Hyades Rim is one of the main mods i use personally. Without this change you only see AI with the Elite Forces mechs and vehicles when facing the vanilla factions and houses. I wanted all the extra minor factions in HR to also have some access to the equipment and pilots in this mod.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Not be a spelling nazi, but it's Hyades Rim. ;)

~~Version 1.5.1~~ (Available @ Nexus Mods)

Note there are two files available with this version:

~Version 1.5.1 update

Fixed engine heatsink issue with BSK-MAZ, BSK-MAZX, BSK-M3X. All three should now run cooler.

~Version 1.5.1 -Stand Alone version- ~~Use the the Stand Alone version if you also are also using major mods like Hyades Rim, or BTA with this mod.~~

--A "Stand Alone" version of this mod is now also available. The Stand Alone version can be run with any other mod as it only used unique json files. This does however mean that the Stand Alone version loses a couple of features from the Full version.

Special notes for the Stand Alone version only:
~~~~All of the vanilla SLDF mechs, as well as the PHX-1b, DRG-1G and Bullshark-MAZ will regain their "Blacklisted" tags. (note:Advanced "X" versions will still be present)
~~~~Advanced turrets have been removed
~~~~All vanilla procedural contracts where Pirate forces originally had reduced strength, now have reduced strength again ("spawn_poorly_maintained_xx" tag is now restored)

• 2Like
Reactions:
A new version of Elite Forces v. 1.6 -Aces High- is out now! Grab it over at Nexus Mods!

~~~ I would like to give a special thanks to Nexus user Hongooi2 for all their help testing v 1.6 of Elite Forces and providing a lot of excellent input and guidance! Thank you, all your help was greatly appreciated and will not be forgotten! ~~~

~~ From this point forward there will again be one full feature release version of the EF mod, and an add-on pack that can be used for those that want an even more hardcore experience. (more details on that below)

~~ The features of this mod should now be scaled bit better to the difficulty/skull ratings of the game's procedural contracts. Elite Forces pilots and mechs will still enter the game starting at difficulty 3 (1-1/2 skull), however the quantity starts a bit more sparce then before. Dedicated lance formulation has changed, so players won't generally face dedicated lances that are packed with 4 Elite pilots in 4 Advanced Mechs in the early game. However, due to randomness of the dynamic pools and lance generation, this could still potentially happen! The occurrence of these forces will be more and more common as contract difficulty increases. This should improve the experience of those starting new games/careers, while still increasing the overall difficulty. Even in this case though, you will be feeling the full brunt of Elite Forces as you get into the upper difficulties. The exception to this behavior is with the inclusion of the optional "Hardcore Add-on Pack" (below).

~~ Ace pilots have been added to the game. Ace pilots have a more skills than elite pilots, and they also have buffs and abilities that improve their combat performance. Ace pilots should be more rare than elite pilots, and they are not in the random, dynamic pilot pools. Ace pilots will only be called by some of the new EF lancedefs. However, when Ace pilots are called, they will only spawn in Advanced Mechs.

~~ New abilities and buff sets for Ace pilots have been added.

~~ EF Lancedef formulations have been reworked. The formulations of EF lancedefs will scale better with difficulty from lances starting with one Elite pilot in an Advanced Mech leading 3 random pilots in vanilla mechs, up to 4 ace pilots in 4 advanced mechs at upper difficulties. Lance formulations are now also designed for much more variation in specific pilot/mech compositions.

~~ Added 9 new advanced mech variants

~~ fixed some build issues and errors with a number of the Advanced mechs

~~ Build optimization pass across all advanced Mechs, this should improve the performance of a number of advanced mechs.

~~ Major cleanup pass on EF json files fixing numerous errors and issues causing some EF jsons not to be called, or work properly.

~~ Reworked some of the Advanced mech builds, in particular swapping some upgrades (gyros and cockpit gear) that made Advanced Mechs a bit too difficult to deal with at lower difficulties (in particular hit defense gyros and injury resist cockpits)

~~ Advanced turrets are now properly added into the mod (unique json files that don’t overwrite vanilla turrets). Approach bases carefully!

~~ Removed "Blacklisted" tag from vanilla game lostech and DLC weapons (as well as some other pieces of vanilla gear), so they are now lootable.

~~ Removed "Blacklisted" tag from vanilla SLDF and the Grand Dragon DRG-1G (these will now appear randomly in "the wild")

~~ Fixed Blacknight BL-6b-KNT heat sink distribution. Moved extra heatsinks (6) from legs and distributed them to other, valid locations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

## Hardcore Add-on Pack

For those of you that want the full original Elite Forces style gameplay, although with an even more intense experience, the Hardcore add-on is for you! I only recommend this add-on if:

1) You are playing in the end game and you want to be able to play light and medium mech contracts that are normally low difficulty. You have a lot of advanced equipment and experienced pilots, but you are tired of only playing heavy and assault mechs and at this point low difficulty/skull contracts are just too easy to be fun. ...or

2) You are starting a new campaign/career and you really love pain and frustration! You desire the impossible and want a serious challenge from the start! ***NOTE: If you do this I recommend spending some time in 1/2 to 1 skull contracts to build up some pilot skill. Starting level pilots have a rough time vs Elite pilots but they will be totally outclassed against Aces.

The Hardcore Add-on opens the flood gates and provides for the following:

- 99 additional lancedefs added to the random dynamic pool, across all difficulties starting at Difficulty 3 (1-1/2 skulls). Even at low difficulty, these added lancedefs can contain a full lance of advanced mechs and Elite/Ace pilots.

~~ 40 additional pilots defs for the randoms dynamic pools and dedicated EF lancedefs, starting at D3.

~~ Turrets can pull Elite pilots from the pilot pool

~~ Aces will be more common

~~ 6 new Advanced Mech variants

~~ No more reduced strength lances. All vanilla contracts that call for forces adding the "spawn_poorly_maintained_xx" SpawnEffectTags, will have this tag removed. Mechs in the lances called on in these contracts will be full strength.

~~ To install just unzip the add-on into the Elite Forces Mod folder. If you want to customize your experience, just install the specific files/folders you want.

• 1Like
Reactions: