• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I bought the game on Steam and don't know how to link it to my forum account. My Steam account is linked to my Paradox account, so I'm not sure why it isn't showing up automatically. The Register button in the Vic2 launcher leads to an invalid url, so is there another way I can get the game registered to my forum account so I can browse mods?

I bought the game on Steam and don't know how to link it to my forum account. My Steam account is linked to my Paradox account, so I'm not sure why it isn't showing up automatically. The Register button in the Vic2 launcher leads to an invalid url, so is there another way I can get the game registered to my forum account so I can browse mods?
You look good from my end.

Hello there. I got a quick question :)
Is it normal that AI Great Powers ally other GPs over their limit ? I had this issue recently when i loaded my savegame to continue. It seems like the AI did send some alliance offers on day one from the savegame which resulted in Austria having both the UK and Russia as ally. I am already allied with the UK as Prussia but for me the -1000 penalty shows up when i try to ally Russia.
The year is 1842. So More than one GP ally should not be possible.

Regarding more than one GP as an ally prior to Great Wars... that can happen if a nation is allied as a non-GP and then attains GP status. I've had one game where I had Prussia ally with England, Belgium, and then the Ottomans when they were temporarily down. Belgium rose and Ottomans were restored to GP status, so I had 3 GP allies for a while.

Of course, I pummeled Austria into submission and then invaded France for Alsace-Lorraine. With allies like that, it was both entertaining and profitable!

If the AI has enough diplomatic points in reserve, I believe it can make more than one offer. At any reload, there seems to be some re-evaluation by the AI, so it tends to be unusually active during the first day or two after a reload. It's possible that Austria (with no allies) made offers to both the UK and Russia at the same time, and both were accepted a day later. If the offers were made a day apart, the second would almost undoubtedly have been refused. I've seen GPs with two GP allies early in a couple of campaigns, although it's uncommon for it to happen until mid-game when a second alliance becomes permissible through normal means.

As said, it's also possible to ally a Secondary Power and end up with 2 GP allies if/when they move up to GP status, although I doubt that it's the answer in the case of Austria, Russia, and the UK.

Anyone know if it's actually true that the prestige your leaders/generals get has influence on battles ?

The manual for House Divided just mentioned that the prestige does 'stuff', but i wonder if it's in fact
the case and what the prestige really influences.
I read it increases morale (on the Wiki page for HD) ?
If so anything else ?

Maybe
@RELee knows ?
I'm in need of your vast experience and wisdom ;)

I suppose i knew the answer and just forgot it.

edit : D'oh.
There is a tooltip for the prestige and it includes the moral and organisation bonuses
which can be huge. I'll assume then it actually works. I never really cared that much.
Now i know i should. Question answered.

Last edited:
I'm in need of your vast experience and wisdom ;)
lol, boy are you barking up the wrong tree.

I'm almost, ALMOST positive that I checked this out once upon a time in the west and leader prestige does have influence upon battles but I forget the details.

I never really cared that much.
Now i know i should.
Absolutely, but the opponent's leader prestige helps to cancel yours, so while it pays to build up a leader's prestige you have to remember that leaders do not last forever. Them little boogers will die off on ya. :D

Absolutely, but the opponent's leader prestige helps to cancel yours, so while it pays to build up a leader's prestige you have to remember that leaders do not last forever.

Oh the canceling out part is something i haven't thought of or rather assumed mine would be better...:D :oops:

Them little boogers will die off on ya. :D

What ?

No, no, no, no. no.
No

*has plans to get a place under the sun for his nation, AKA conquer a brazilian province.
Has his best general board the transporter, as the home front is quiet.
Fleet is one day off the western portuguese coast to cross the Atlantic - ding - message incoming : Your glorious general died *

---------aaaarghhhh

He wasn't even a drunkard, so no explanation why he went overboard.
My detectives ar at the case.

Do I miss out much, if I have A House Divided, only?
Sure, Prussia is still yellow, but I don't want to buy Heart of Darkness, if I'm forced to give my phone number to steam. They don't need that at all. I don't need more advertisement at phone. :mad:

Sure, Prussia is still yellow, but I don't want to buy Heart of Darkness, if I'm forced to give my phone number to steam. They don't need that at all. I don't need more advertisement at phone. :mad:

You can't fake it? I've always given them my home number so if spam texting is something they actually do it is not possible for me to receive those.

Every patch content (improvements, bug fixes etc) after patch 2.04 or so.

.. but I don't want to buy Heart of Darkness, if I'm forced to give my phone number to steam.

I'm sure i didn't give them my phone number and that you don't have to either.

How or at what point did you get the idea ?
The security account verification thing by phone message i remember is optional.
See: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8625-WRAH-9030&l=english

General info with links for new Steam users:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7141-OPGX-5121

Last edited:

I've been using Steam for over 10 years, no phone number entered.
You are actually missing out on some of the best features by not having HoD. Colonization, navy, westernization, generals/admirals and more all all improved/changed for the better.
However if you didn't buy the game on Steam you likely won't be able to activate HoD there. Unless you bought from Paradox Store initially, cause all that does is give you Steam keys.

They have my number and not nairy a single ad, call or text. Worry warts.:p

Okay, thanks.
I hoped HoD wouldn't be so important, but i guess I have to buy it.

Every patch content (improvements, bug fixes etc) after patch 2.04 or so.

I'm sure i didn't give them my phone number and that you don't have to either.

How or at what point did you get the idea ?
The security account verification thing by phone message i remember is optional.
See: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8625-WRAH-9030&l=english

General info with links for new Steam users:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7141-OPGX-5121

It's not about the verification. It's about steam shop. If you buy somethning, you always have to tell address and phone number now.

edit: I tried again. Phone number is gone. Maybe people have complained a lot, i don't know. o_O

It's not about the verification. It's about steam shop. If you buy somethning, you always have to tell address and phone number now.

edit: I tried again. Phone number is gone. Maybe people have complained a lot, i don't know. o_O

Address and phone number when buying ???
I bought something off Steam a month ago or so and there was nothing like that.
Sounds to me rather that you got/suffered a phishing attack of sorts or such.
Good to know it's gone either way.

Okay, thanks.
I hoped HoD wouldn't be so important, but i guess I have to buy it.

Again in a decade of use I've NEVER had to enter an address or phone number to buy on Steam. I'd be highly dubious of what you might actually have been looking at.

My second response on this is:

Alternatively to something bad like phishing, It might have to do with your paying method, card and country you are in though.
Not enough info to guess/know.

Something to investigate with Steam or check and ask about in one of its subforums :
https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/

My second response on this is:

Alternatively to something bad like phishing, It might have to do with your paying method, card and country you are in though.
Not enough info to guess/know.

Something to investigate with Steam or check and ask about in one of its subforums :
https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/

I searched on it and i found multiple threads about it. I didn't completely understand, but it's about taxes and European Union.
It's still shady as hell for me, because steam apparently doesn't give official answers. I'm not sure if I ever buy on steam again. :confused:
https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/search/?q=steam+shop+address&p=1

Still, thanks for the replies. ;)