• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Fox_NS_CAN

Field Marshal
1 Badges
Oct 26, 2016
  • Major Wiki Contributor
The Aviation Club is in the Level 5 Unique Buildings, which becomes available at the BIG TOWN (6) milestone.

The requirements to unlock are to have a population of 10,000 and "Construct an Airport".

The first airports available are the "Airport" and "Cargo Airport", which unlock at the "METROPOLIS" (12) milestone.
Followed later by "International Airport", "Cargo Airport Hub" and "Metropolitan Airport", which unlock at the "MEGALOPOLIS" (13) milestone.

You'd think a small airport like the Aviation Club could be available in a smaller area that doesn't even have an airport.

So does that mean if we "cheat" and use Unlock All, that the Aviation Club is actually a front for drug dealers? :D

Oh man, that just gave me an inspiration...

You'd think a small airport like the Aviation Club could be available in a smaller area that doesn't even have an airport.

I totally agree. A smaller city would have a smaller airport. Being forced to build a huge airport first means I may never get to use the Aviation Club. Hopefully someone will post an "unlocked" version of this. I suppose I could just unlock all milestones, but I like getting the notices as my city grows.

Plus, is it only me that thinks the Aviation Club is oriented backwards? The "fancy" side should face the road (the public), and the more utilitarian back side should face the runway (so the planes can taxi up and disgorge their passengers).

I totally agree. A smaller city would have a smaller airport. Being forced to build a huge airport first means I may never get to use the Aviation Club. Hopefully someone will post an "unlocked" version of this. I suppose I could just unlock all milestones, but I like getting the notices as my city grows.

Well, on the plus side, as a Unique Building, it only has to be unlocked once, not in each city. You need a big city to unlock it, but after that you only need to reach the milestone for that level of unique building.

Still seems a bit much to me though.

Reactions:
I've looked around a little bit, but haven't found an answer for a noob like me. Is there a way to remove the "Build an Airport" requirement for the Aviation Club? Seems like it's probably a single setting somewhere, but I sure don't know what it is or where it is. As far as I can tell, you can't edit base game assets in the Asset Editor.
I have found the Aviation Club Reworked asset, so if I have to, I'll see if I can assemble a group of hangars and props, use Airport Roads, and build my own Aviation Club!

It's clearly a Work-in-Progress, but here's my first attempt at using the Asset Editor to put together something more complex than just removing the occasional ugly tree! Amazingly, it appears to work (See the plane on the runway? That's not a prop!).
Note: I did not create any of these great looking assets -- I'm just plopping down others' stuff.
Screenshot 2.jpg

Last edited:
Okay, just in case anyone stumbles across this thread....
I wish I knew how it happened, but I was experimenting with my attempted Aviation Club replacement. I unlocked the milestones and built an Airport, so that I could build the Aviation Club (which I did on the other side of the same road). I then bulldozed the Airport. I fiddled around, put down a few aviation-related assets, and then quit the game WITHOUT SAVING.
Now it's the next day. I've gone in to actually play the game. As I was playing, I started to think about a road layout to place my Aviation Club replacement, so I selected the Sunset Harbor Aviation Club, and before I realized it, had clicked and placed it. Without having built an Airport; with a population just shy of 29,000! Somehow, the requirement to build an Airport first is now gone.

It'll be a while before I start a new game, so I won't be able to test this any time soon. But if you really want to use the new Aviation Club, turn on the "Unlock All Milestones" mod and build a regular Airport. Build an Aviation Club. Bulldoze the Airport. Then quit the game WITHOUT SAVING (I don't know if you need to do all these steps -- since you don't save the game, this shouldn't work!). Next time you run the game, turn "Unlock All Milestones" back off and then proceed normally. You may find that you're now allowed to place the Aviation Club whenever you have $140,000. Cool!

Okay, just in case anyone stumbles across this thread....
I wish I knew how it happened, but I was experimenting with my attempted Aviation Club replacement. I unlocked the milestones and built an Airport, so that I could build the Aviation Club (which I did on the other side of the same road). I then bulldozed the Airport. I fiddled around, put down a few aviation-related assets, and then quit the game WITHOUT SAVING.
Now it's the next day. I've gone in to actually play the game. As I was playing, I started to think about a road layout to place my Aviation Club replacement, so I selected the Sunset Harbor Aviation Club, and before I realized it, had clicked and placed it. Without having built an Airport; with a population just shy of 29,000! Somehow, the requirement to build an Airport first is now gone.

It'll be a while before I start a new game, so I won't be able to test this any time soon. But if you really want to use the new Aviation Club, turn on the "Unlock All Milestones" mod and build a regular Airport. Build an Aviation Club. Bulldoze the Airport. Then quit the game WITHOUT SAVING (I don't know if you need to do all these steps -- since you don't save the game, this shouldn't work!). Next time you run the game, turn "Unlock All Milestones" back off and then proceed normally. You may find that you're now allowed to place the Aviation Club whenever you have $140,000. Cool!

As I said above, like all Unique Buildings, it only has to be unlocked once.

Reactions: