• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks for your answer Conjurer Dragon

I have a CD version 1.2 + 1.3 beta 29 December 2013 . With this configuration there isn't problem

But I had updated to the beta 1.3 11 Decemeber 2017 and the game crash. I have seen that all is ok if I remove music folder, because the problem appears when the program load sounds. So it works fine without music although the sound effects do work.

Thanks for your answer Conjurer Dragon

I have a CD version 1.2 + 1.3 beta 29 December 2013 . With this configuration there isn't problem

But I had updated to the beta 1.3 11 Decemeber 2017 and the game crash. I have seen that all is ok if I remove music folder, because the problem appears when the program load sounds. So it works fine without music although the sound effects do work.

Does it only work if you remove/delete the music folder or simply when you set music to off/0 in the settings of the game, too?

What operating system are you using (e.g. Windows 7 64 bit)?

Does the game only crash when you load a game with music on? So that if you simply start the game the music plays normally - until you load a game?

Does the crash happen when you start the vanilla game or are you using a mod when it crashes?

Dear ConjurerDragon

Thanks for your comments

1) It works if I delete the music folder
2) Windows 8.1 64 bit
3) The game only crash when load the music, it begans load graphics, etc until load sound, then crash
4) Crash always, with vanilla game and with mods

In what folder did you install the game? Recommended is not to use C:\Programs... but elsewhere, e.g. for me
G:\Paradox\For the Glory

In your games folder should be a file settings.txt
My own contains this:
Code:
moddebug = yes
runbackground = no
gui = {
   language = "l_English"
}
graphics = {
   size = {
       x = 1280
       y = 1024
   }
   fullscreen = yes
}
music = yes
lastmod = {
   dir = "Plvs_Vltra\"
   style = {
       shields = "Glory"
       font = "glory"
       interface = "Glory"
       colorscales = "glory"
   }
}

If you do not delete the music folder, so that it is still there, but change the line in settings.txt to "music = no", does the game then crash too?

So the game crashes before you start to play a game, befor reaching the main menu?

Are you already using the compatibility settings for Windows 8? FtG is a 32bit program that would run e.g. in Windows XP mode
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...indows-8/66d8fb9d-18d9-4b1c-ad19-0f4076c4b6e0

Last edited:
If I do not delete the music folder but change the line in settings.txt to "music = no", the game works

So the game crashes before I start to play a game, before reaching the main menu, exactly

The program does not have that problem for the previous version 1.3 beta 29 December 2013, that I supose was 32 bits too

I am always running the game in compatibility mode for windows 8.

If I do not delete the music folder but change the line in settings.txt to "music = no", the game works

Very well, then the files in the music folder are not the problem and there is no need to delete that folder, it if you can simply turn off the music.

So the game crashes before I start to play a game, before reaching the main menu, exactly

When the game does not crash with mute music and you get to the main menu - what version number and code are displayed in the corner of the screen?

The program does not have that problem for the previous version 1.3 beta 29 December 2013, that I supose was 32 bits too

I am always running the game in compatibility mode for windows 8.

FtG is older than Windows 8. Perhaps try the compatibility mode for Windows XP SP3.
And WIndows 8 changed sometthing with the graphics, e.g. here
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...king-scenario-windows-8.708036/#post-17080941

My checksum is FtG 1.3 (OAPI)...
When you open the file changelog 1.3.txt what is the most recent date given?

This is the version number and code: FTG1.3 - (WBOJ)

I have just tried compatibility mode for Windows XP SP3 and do not work

I do not find anything useful in this:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...king-scenario-windows-8.708036/#post-17080941

Adrianer described that on some windows 8 systems disabling the "DPI scaling on high DPI settings" works.
Not my picture and the markings are somewhat off but it should look like that:
windows-compatibility.jpg

With Windows XP SP3 chosen in the compatibility mode and the DPIblabla setting to off.

I just tried it and it doesn't work

Since the problem occurs when loading the music (because there is no problem with the sound effects) I think it must be something related to that.

I just tried it and it doesn't work

Since the problem occurs when loading the music (because there is no problem with the sound effects) I think it must be something related to that.

Not necessarily. If music would be a general problem of the game then you would have had crashes wtih the last 1.3 beta too.
Music often clashes with drivers, be it sound or graphics drivers. Did you install or update any of them lately, and did you specifically perhaps install new drivers without de-installing the old ones before?