[Dev Team] 2.6.1 Patch Released [checksum 65d2]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Obidobi

Producer - Stellaris
Paradox Staff
33 Badges
Aug 4, 2011
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Sengoku
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • 500k Club
Hello everyone,

After seeing that the beta patch hasn't introduced any major issues, we've decided to put patch 2.6.1 fully live right now.

No changes have been made to it compared to before, but here's the changelog again for those that might've missed it!

#################################################################
######################### VERSION 2.6.1 ###########################
#################################################################

###################
# Balance
###################

* Titans now have access to the Carrier combat computer (so they can stay back with a carrier based fleet instead of closing to Artillery range).
* "Interpretation Signal" anomaly event now also offers a reward in society research.
* Removed Empire cohesion from the game.
* Removed most restrictions from the Slaver Guilds civic. When combined with Syncretic Evolution, your main species will usually start in Indentured Servitude (unless species traits push them to a different slavery type).
* The Galatron now increases Diplomatic Weight by +100%.
* Envoys are sent home when their origin country enters war against their host country.
* Empires may now forcefully resettle pops off of doomed planets regardless of their resettlement policy. The egalitarian faction has been paid off and will ignore this trampling of the rights to explode on your own terms.
* Repeatable technologies now provide full points towards victory score and diplomatic weight.
* Increased the effect technology has on diplomatic weight.
* Reduced the effect fleet power has on diplomatic weight.
* Denouncement resolutions can now only be proposed against rivals or empires you have poor relations with.
* Empires are more likely to abstain from resolutions in the Galactic Community.
* Increased the effect opinion of the proposer (or target, for targeted resolutions) has on willingness of AIs to support or oppose resolutions.

###################
# Stability & Performance
###################

* Fixed a CTD when debug tooltip was active in planet view for primitives.
* Improved the performance of the AI checking what armies to build and what species to use for colonization.
* Fixed memory leak and potential cause for CTD when generating half species.
* Fixed a FLEET_MODIFIER OOS on hotjoin.
* Fixed an OOS related to victory rankings.
* Fixed an AI related OOS.
* Fixed an OOS caused by AI commands being written and read as another command.
* Fixed CTD on some edge cases of federation votes.
* Fixed CTD that could happen when loading a save file and it tried to repair some issues with strike craft.

###################
# UI
###################

* Added missing loc for Polish, Spanish, German, Russian, Simplified Chinese, and Brazilian Portuguese.
* The Project Cornucopia planetary decision now has a description.
* Localised event option for restoring a ruined mega shipyard.
* Added a bunch of missing audio for different UI.
* Senate floor portrait changes to reflect the current votes.

###################
# AI
###################

* Contingency will now be able to handle the case of not being spawned next to the empire it wants to destroy.
* AI should now consider enemies on the path to target and abort if there's too much resistance on the way.
* Fleets with passive repair effects should no longer be considered busy by Fleet AI.
* Fixed AI ignoring hostile forces in occupied and systems within sensor range.
* Made AI try to beef up offensive fleets up to a fraction of their offensive fleet power.
* AI will now commit between 75% and 100% of fleet power to offensive missions if available.
* Added a define for base offensive commitment.
* Made AI merge fleet groups when possible.
* Fixed edge case in average fleet power estimation when AI borders a Leviathan.
* Fixed edge case bug when AI is 100% committed to offense but ends up splitting between all owned systems.
* Default AI will now only consider capital and chokepoints as candidates to park defensive fleets.
* AI will compute how many offensive fleets based upon the strength of allies and enemies at war.
* Crisis AI will compute how many offensive fleets based upon the strength of their biggest foe.
* AI debug tooltips will now show the minimum fleet power estimated for objective completion.
* AI is no longer completely locked in to waiting for resources to get the highest prio one (counting all planets).
* Non-Xenophobe Authoritarian AIs will enslave properly again.

###################
# Modding
###################

* Added trigger for checking the selected number of AI empires to spawn in galaxy setup.

###################
# Bugfixes
###################

* Players are no longer allowed to spam federation invitations until they get an answer.
* Clarifies localisation when invitíng to form a new federation, compared to when inviting more members.
* Fleets now use pathfinding for both Megashipyards and Juggernauts for upgrading and repairing.
* Federation Perk "Welcoming Nature" now correctly modifies the cost for countries to join the federation.
* Leaving the galactic community should now correctly cost between 100 and 500 influence, scaling with administrative size.
* Improved lighting settings for Ringworld preview in empire design.
* Federation leader/member modifiers are now recalculated for old and new leader when leadership changes.
* Indentured slaves can now be permitted to colonize and accept additional living standards.
* Federation fleet ships will now properly check their special constraints (capacity, leadership...) in construction interface.
* Fixed the "Whatever it is, I'm against it" achievement so that it is correctly fulfilled by leaving a federation (rather than being the leader of a federation where a federation member leaves!)
* Fixed certain designations not using correct icons.
* Upon changing Federation Fleet Contribution away from "None", the federation will no longer be locked to "Only Leader" Federation Fleet Construction for 10 years.
* All federation members should get feedback on vote failure. Country asking to join a federation should get feedback on the vote result.
* You can now no longer change federation succession type and term while at war, since changes would only come into effect after the actual war.
* Losing a federation level and losing laws because of it will now set the new law to the next one down the level list even if a cooldown is active.
* Closed starbase window that should be no longer accessible after returning a occupied starbase to its owner.
* Events relating to construction of the Sentry Array now display some helpful information in their tooltips.
* Tooltips for Galactic Community resolutions shows the empire name of the actual target and not only your own empire name.
* Fix for Golden Rule election type, accounting for a scenario in which the sitting federation leader forfeits the challenge.
* Added descriptions for the Spiritualist/Materialist Attraction modifiers, from "A Change of Heart".
* You can no longer propose denouncing yourself in the Galactic Community, even if you really deserve it. (You can still vote in favor of it if someone else proposes it.)
* Fixed a bug where disabling a building didn't update it immediately.
* Megastructures can no longer be built by construction ships that are unable to reach the selected system.
* Autogen of ship designs will now use components that require rare resources for non default empire types.
* Event-generated enemy fleets will now fight.
* Added missing localisations for job_fe_maintenance_bot_add (a modifier visible Ancient Control Centers).
* Fallen Empires should no longer occasionally send their envoys to improve or harm relations with you.
* Fixed an edge case where machine empires could be offered a caravaneers deal that would give it no benefit.
* Policies relating to primitives and pre-sapients can no longer disappear in certain circumstances, messing up various elements of the game.
* Envoy effect on relations now decays properly if no envoys are active.
* Origins are shown in the Empire selection interface when the Empire has a biography.
* Federation fleet is no longer counter for diplo weight and federation supremacy.
* Federation votes should ignore abstainers when timer ends.
* Asking to join a federation should bypass checks whether or not the recipient has good relations with the actor

Save games shouldn't be adversely affected by the switch from 2.6.0 to 2.6.1, but just in case you do encounter issues, you can roll back to a prior version via right click on Stellaris in library -> properties -> betas -> choose the desired version.

If you want to do crossplay MP between Steam and our other release platforms (Plaza/GOG/MS Store), you need to opt in to the crossplay beta, stellaris_test, by the same method.

has the AI research problem been fixed, it seems like everyone is experiencing problems with it, I havnt seen(streams) or experienced myself any game where by mid game, every single ai empire except fallens wherenot inferior or worse in tech, and thats including runs without being materialist

Does this fix the thing where sector AI will constantly try to grab resources for blockers it can't clear, sending the stockpile into negatives?
That was present in the 2.6.1 beta as well.

I'm testing now.

EDIT : Still there in the cross test branch

Attachments

• 20200318162027_1.jpg
    20200318162027_1.jpg
    250,2 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
has the AI research problem been fixed, it seems like everyone is experiencing problems with it, I havnt seen(streams) or experienced myself any game where by mid game, every single ai empire except fallens wherenot inferior or worse in tech, and thats including runs without being materialist

Its a big "someone talked about it "

Just to say , but there are now many origins that give youbfree tech (costy tech) over the already present events that give you free whole techs.

Just think of hab tech if you take the origin for habitats , all other empires will be inferior to your tech lvl , and they will remain that way . If you add all the free tech from "only player events" you will always see the ai be behind you . Doesnt mean the AI actualy is not teching ....

Guess I will look a bit into it and see how many tech lab ai build on avarange in early-mid game ..

Its a big "someone talked about it "

Just to say , but there are now many origins that give youbfree tech (costy tech) over the already present events that give you free whole techs.

Just think of hab tech if you take the origin for habitats , all other empires will be inferior to your tech lvl , and they will remain that way . If you add all the free tech from "only player events" you will always see the ai be behind you . Doesnt mean the AI actualy is not teching ....

Guess I will look a bit into it and see how many tech lab ai build on avarange in early-mid game ..
but by that logic there should be empires that overtake you, and I have never seen a single empire that wasnt fallen be equal tech by mid to late game, they are extremely slow at researching. and a lot of the origins dont give you a tech advantage.

but by that logic there should be empires that overtake you, and I have never seen a single empire that wasnt fallen be equal tech by mid to late game, they are extremely slow at researching. and a lot of the origins dont give you a tech advantage.

Generaly , all spawned empire will be "prosperous unification" , there is a chance they will pick something else , but as I already kinda observed , the AI doesnt realy rush the tech mines or shine with particolar starts (habs , remenants ) .

That said , the AI doesnt particolary make always the best choise , so theyr tech focus is mediocre , even when the AI is fanatic materialist . On the other side , not-new players will always take the most efficent way , even when not particulary focusing on tech .

Thats where the "evryone has this problem" come in , who is this evryone ?
Thats why I will actualy look into it when im going home .
ATM the economic AI is performing , ive see some intresting choises sometimes ( an empire rushed 3 consumers goods building early game ;D ) the AI now kinda work with it . As said, AI will never be on par with an human player decision making .

The AI in-war has some problem , but there are already eneught post about that ^^ .

From my game (I had time to start only one and didnt get far) and the 3 afk AI observation , I didnt notice AI tech falldown; but I didnt particulary looked into it . So...

Generaly , all spawned empire will be "prosperous unification" , there is a chance they will pick something else , but as I already kinda observed , the AI doesnt realy rush the tech mines or shine with particolar starts (habs , remenants ) .

That said , the AI doesnt particolary make always the best choise , so theyr tech focus is mediocre , even when the AI is fanatic materialist . On the other side , not-new players will always take the most efficent way , even when not particulary focusing on tech .

Thats where the "evryone has this problem" come in , who is this evryone ?
Thats why I will actualy look into it when im going home .
ATM the economic AI is performing , ive see some intresting choises sometimes ( an empire rushed 3 consumers goods building early game ;D ) the AI now kinda work with it . As said, AI will never be on par with an human player decision making .

The AI in-war has some problem , but there are already eneught post about that ^^ .

From my game (I had time to start only one and didnt get far) and the 3 afk AI observation , I didnt notice AI tech falldown; but I didnt particulary looked into it . So...
okey as for "who everyone" is.. cringer shenryyr myself and a few others ive personally seen, but I have heard it from alot of people in twitch chat that they have also experienced the same. it just seems, unlikely, that not one of the empires gets above inferior in tech, not one, of all the empires, and I am not starting with habitats, I am running a doomsday right now, by mid game not a single empire was close to me (note that I didnt have advanced empires in this run) and I am not a materialist.

I don't know why, but I am experiencing a huge performance drop early game after downloading 2.6.1, which was fine yesterday in the beta testing branch.:confused: It is like late game performance from the get go in a multiplayer game.

I'm good with being part of Random Name federation anyway. When we meet to vote, we roll a D100 on a table to decide what to call ourselves for the next couple of years.

So is the "ability to build multiple temples" thing being classified as a new feature and not a bug? Because honestly I kind of love it but I want to be sure before I get used to it and it gets patched out.

While I like that the Federation Fleet doesn't count towards dip weight in Federations anymore, making it easier to get back President if you lose it... It really doesn't make much sense to me that the galactic community doesn't care about my 200k power fleet.

Thanks for the quick patch! Any chance we'll get the federation fleet display bug fixed? All federation allies' ships are now defaulting to the appearance of the federation leader's graphical culture. In the past, ally-constructed federation fleet ships always stayed their own species graphical culture. This was a great visual cue of the different species you managed to bring into a federation and it's really unfortunate to lose that in the DLC specifically about federations. I'd love to see my fleets visually representing every species group again :).