One Chart To Rule Them All (Comparing all 'Mechs, hardpoints, speed, usable tonnage, melee, etc.)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I wonder @HonorKnight how exactly Mech Designer was helpful with gathering data for your chart?
When I first made this chart I manually parsed through all the mech json files using text editors, some regexes and such to dig out the data like speed that weren’t visible in game (regexes i didn’t keep copies of, and otherwise manual processes that would take forever to reproduce). I used that to list out melee damage, hardpoints, etc. Since then I mostly use the in-game mech designer to get stuff like hardpoints and available tonnage for new mechs they add. But they keep adding mechs that aren’t available in the mech designer so I’d have to start at square one manually parsing through json files to find those mechs’ info again. I think there were 4 or 5 new mechs in 1.9 that I had to look up in your tool to find hardpoints. I would have needed Mech Designer (or manual json manipulation) to find available tonnage and speeds for those mechs too, but I got those off a convenient little summary chart @frozx provided.

Last edited:
I see. Well, for the [eventual] future you can obtain available tonnage by clicking "Strip Equip" and "Strip Armor", then subtracting tonnage value from total tonnage. Fixed equipment won't be removed.
Walk and run speed can be calculated by multiplying visible values by CombatGameConstants::ExperimentalGridDistance (currently 24), and rounding the result up to nearest integer.

One chart to rule them all,
And in the 'Mech bay fix them.