• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Johan

Studio Manager Paradox Tinto
Administrator
Paradox Staff
15 Badges
Dec 14, 1999
  • Diplomacy
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Magicka
  • Starvoid
This is all under test, and numbers and stuff will probably change during the next few months..

Expelling minorities will changed in the following way.
- It will no longer change religion and culture of the origin.
- It will reduce the development in the origin by the same amount of development it increases the colony with.
- Colonial Maintenance at default is the same for it, but there are ways to make expelling minorities practically free monetarily.
- There is no longer a power cost associcated with expelling minorities.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Has the idea of minorities as provincial modifiers been considered or discussed? It could be an interesting alternative.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Has the idea of minorities as modifiers been considered or discussed?

I wrote a design to change development into pops to simulate minorities. It was way too big for an EU expansion when it comes to scope, so we decided to not do it.

The design got changed a bít, and then I used it in Imperator Rome.

• 1Like
Reactions:
The only other problem that this welcome change does not address is that expel minorities destabilizes the ai colonial countries of the new world.

As its far worse to do it, the AI will not do it as much.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Will it still change culture&religion of destination point? Or it'll only add development to the colony?

Will it still change culture&religion of destination point? Or it'll only add development to the colony?

yes. it will use the origins culture/religion.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I wrote a design to change development into pops to simulate minorities. It was way too big for an EU expansion when it comes to scope, so we decided to not do it.

The design got changed a bít, and then I used it in Imperator Rome.

That would have been good. Has the idea been discarded permanently? Or is it a possibility in the future?

That would have been good. Has the idea been discarded permanently? Or is it a possibility in the future?

If we ever do an EU5, and I work on it, I definitely want pops. I personally prefer the Imperator ones over the V2, as its easier for abstraction, especially when you got vague data.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Related: is the council of the indies reform being changed so Spain doesn’t get a bonus to this? It’s pretty silly.

Glad the feature is being addressed though. It’s pretty awful as it is now.

If we ever do an EU5, and I work on it, I definitely want pops. I personally prefer the Imperator ones over the V2, as its easier for abstraction, especially when you got vague data.

This is true since Imperator has more detail than V2 as it separates culture, religion, and socioeconomic function/standing. It would be ideal and help playing tall in terms of state development.

Additionally, out of curiosity, If EU5 were to be made, would 1444 be the start date or have ideas been floating around regarding another starting year?

yes. it will use the origins culture/religion.

As said above, the reform gives strong incentives to use it even if historically Spain didn't do it. And in many cases Castile/Mexico still expel moors to America. But there is one way to avoid that, well, to some extent.

Is it possible to script event that instead expels Moors to North African states? So that even in case Portugal/Spain conquer Grenada (and maybe some North African coast?) they would still expel Muslims to North African states by event if they choose so (which AI by default would do), avoiding major case of map significantly diverging from historically plausible outcomes?

• 1Like
Reactions:
I must have misunderstood why people didn't like this mechanic. I thought it was mostly for gameplay reasons but also the New World being a mess. It seems that they were mostly upset that Algeria and Italy became Castillian. Because these changes still mean the New World will be full of Sunni Berber/Burgundian Reformed bordergore unless I'm not understanding. CNs don't take penalties to wrong culture/religion but that also means they don't get the unrest reduction for having correct religion/culture.

Those Nahuatl provinces that will exist until 1821 with wrong culture are going to revolt with 50 different tags continuously if you let your CNs get war exhaustion.

He said will probably change during the next few months..I understand from here that dlc's release date will be in the middle of the year.
That, or Johan is already thinking ahead and beyond the Emperor patch. ;)

• 1Haha
Reactions: