• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Coming back to this after a while. Any suggestions on interesting rulers to play?

El Cid (Count Rodrigo of Valencia, 1094), Pedro Froilaz de Trava (Count Pedro of Trastamara, 1091)
Henry the Lion (Duke Heinrich of Saxony, 1144), Barbarossa (Emperor Friedrich of the HRE, 1152)
Edward III (King Edward of England, 1330), Jeanne Capet (Queen Jeanne of Navarre, 1328)
Richard the Lionheart (King Richard of England, 1189), Saladdin (Emir Yusuf of Alexandria, 1169)
Llywellyn the Great (King Llywellyn of Gwynned, 1197), Brian O'Neill (Count Brian of Tyr Eoghain, 1238)
Ivaylo Bardovka (Emperor Ivaylo of Bulgaria, 1279), Alexander III of Scotland (King Alexander of Scotland, 1280)
Alfred the Great (Earl Alfred of Surrey, 867), Ingolfr Arnarson (Jarl Ingolfr of Southern Iceland, 867)
Herbert Karling (Count Herbert of Vermandois, 1066), Edgar Aetheling (Earl Eadgar of Oxford, 1066)
Matilda di Canossa (Duchess Matilda of Tuscany, 1066), Welf I of Bavaria (Duke Welf of Bavaria, 1070)
Andrew III of Hungary (King Andrew of Hungary, 1295), Ottone Visconti (Duke Ottone of Milan, 1277)
Lalibela (Negus Lalibela of Ethiopia, 1124), Ramon Berenguer III the Great (Count Ramon Berenguer of Barcelona, 1113)
Tamari the Great (Mepe Tamari of Georgia, 1207), Giorgi IV Lasha (King Georgi of Georgia, 1220)
Margaritone de Brindisi (Duke Margaritone of Cephalonia, 1195), Matteo Rosso Orsini (Count Matteo of Orvieto, 1205)
Theophylact (Count Theophylact of Tusculum, 867), Basileios Makedon (Basileus Basileios of the Byzantine Empire, 867)

Playing as a norse scandinavian in 1000 AD start.....should i switch to swedish culture? It seems like all the provinces are gonna turn to it. Would I miss out on any events or abilities or anything? It seems like i'd still be able to raid but not sure.

Coming back to this game after an extended break. I see we're now on 3.3.x Should I downgrade to 3.2 or is this technically compatible since it is post 3.2?

Found Frosty1 and says 3.3.0 :) Excited to give it a shot

Last edited:
I've got a question. Has Hellenism been expanded in HIP? In base CK2 it was a stellar improvement to see the expanded mechanics for Hellenism, however I was disappointed that a number of things weren't implemented (e.g. Hellenistic titles [Kephalonia, Syracuse, Messalia, Athenian Republic, Sparta, Seleucid Empire, Ptolemaic Egypt, Macedon, Phrygia, Bactria, the Indo-Greek Kingdom]) as well as a number of annoying things like the absolute removal of all the Titans, who to this day, are still worshiped, albeit to a lesser extent than the Olympians, as possible divines to link yourself to. Or even the ability to choose Deities or Heroes to build shrines/temples too. The best we have is dedication of temples to a set number of Gods/Goddesses.

If this hasn't been expanded upon in HIP, can it be?

How do GHWs work with autocephalous reformed pagan? Does it take long for them to declare? (I reformed germanic and it's 1200s)

It hasn't, and it will never be prioritized over other game mechanics that can use tweaking. Consider Hellenism to be in HIP only because it exists in vanilla.

Or how do great holy wars / crusades work in this mod with a separate religious head? Are they called often?

I've got a question. Has Hellenism been expanded in HIP? In base CK2 it was a stellar improvement to see the expanded mechanics for Hellenism, however I was disappointed that a number of things weren't implemented (e.g. Hellenistic titles [Kephalonia, Syracuse, Messalia, Athenian Republic, Sparta, Seleucid Empire, Ptolemaic Egypt, Macedon, Phrygia, Bactria, the Indo-Greek Kingdom]) as well as a number of annoying things like the absolute removal of all the Titans, who to this day, are still worshiped, albeit to a lesser extent than the Olympians, as possible divines to link yourself to. Or even the ability to choose Deities or Heroes to build shrines/temples too. The best we have is dedication of temples to a set number of Gods/Goddesses.

Hellenism gets a full set of CoA patterns and a few titles get a unique hellenic flag. Gameplay wise, nothing is added from vanilla.

Hi! I'm trying to upload a submod of HIP to the Steam Workshop, but I'm not sure if the dependencies I've put in place works correctly.

The HIP .mod file states that you have to use double quotes to ensure that the Workshop doesn't break the dependency for mod names with spaces. And I've tried to upload a new submod like instructed, but my .mod file still lacks the necessary quotes when I subscribe to my mod.

Code:
# NOTE: If you are making a submod/compatch for HIP (or any mod with a name that has spaces in it) and you want to upload
# it to Steam Workshop, then not only must you use the 'dependencies' feature to specify that the submod/compatch needs to
# override HIP's files but also you must use Extra Special Redundant Double-Quoting so that Steam doesn't mangle things
# when users download your mod. In short, do this:
#
# dependencies = { ""Historical Immersion Project"" "And_Maybe_Some_Other_Mod_You_Need_Without_Spaces" }

What I put in the .mod file before uploading and publishing a new submod:
Code:
dependencies = { ""HIP - Historical Immersion Project"" }

What the Steam Workshop downloads:
Code:
dependencies=
{
     HIP - Historical Immersion Project
}

Does anyone knows if the dependency is working correctly like this?

No it's picking up each word a separate mod.

Dependencies need to be done like this

"\"Historical Immersion Project\""

Wow, I was quite sure that submods use this specific structure { "HIP - Historical Immersion Project" }
All my submods are using it btw (since forever) and I think it's the same with all the submods posted here on HIP's thread o_O

Last edited:
If you arent uploading to steam that's fine. Steam workshop mangles dependencies so you need the format I specified above to preserve the quotes after the upload, otherwise they get stripped out as shown above.

Oh, I see. I'm not uploading on steam but that's good to know. Many thanks!

I've got a question regarding the claim plot system in HIP. Has the 'fabricate claim on Kingdom title' plot been removed entirely, or is there a way to trigger it? I can fabricate claims on duchies no problem, but the option doesn't even show up when I right click the de jure kingdom title I'm part of (e.g. can't fabricate claim on Kingdom of Poland when playing as duke of Greater Poland). If it is removed, how does one go about getting a claim, short of marrying into the family?

I've got a question regarding the claim plot system in HIP. Has the 'fabricate claim on Kingdom title' plot been removed entirely, or is there a way to trigger it? I can fabricate claims on duchies no problem, but the option doesn't even show up when I right click the de jure kingdom title I'm part of (e.g. can't fabricate claim on Kingdom of Poland when playing as duke of Greater Poland). If it is removed, how does one go about getting a claim, short of marrying into the family?
Can You start a faction to install You as a ruler without the claim?

Forgive me if it was asked before, but is Byzantine Empire supposed start off with feudal rather than imperial government? Or is it a bug?
That happens only if you run the mod with SWMH but without EMF, I believe.