LIVE - BATTLETECH 1.9 Update Release Notes

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hey, is there anywhere to report the Royal Crab and Marauder having the wrong armour values? They use Ferro-Fibrous on tabletop, but they didn't get a base chassis weight reduction to account for the extra armour needed. It's fairly small, ten tons of total armour for the Crab and twelve and a half for the Marauder would get the closest to TT values when using Standard plate. I know it's a tiny little niggling thing, but it would greatly help the utility of at least the Crab, since it basically breaks even with the Centurion-AL and Hunchback-4P, given that they have five tons extra free compared to the Royal Crab, which in DHS equals the extra cooling, or you can choose to use only some of it and cram in an extra ton of weapons or something. And it would make the MAD-2R even better, since you've be able to have (for example) near-max armour, two LPL++, four MLs, a full JJ fit, and an EW module, if you wanted.

Last edited:
I finally played some Battletech with the 1.90 patch installed. I experienced my first game crash in almost 500 hours of play when the game crashed after saving on exiting the game. Hopefully, the save was successful. I also noticed that the loading screens and transitions out of missions back to the Argo have been taking longer than I remember.

Wish we would get a 2.0 Update I just want to be able to use my mechs from career in skirmishes against my friends. I feel like that be unique. Seeing how everybody builds their own mechs in career with the + , ++ , and +++ equipment. Some crazy builds would come out of that. Like my Jagermech 6S uses 4 UAC-2s ++ with 100 rounds of ammo and 2 ER M lasers some heat modules and has 880 points of armor, how would that fare against someone else’s upgraded Rifleman-3C or Marauder.

Still a great job though guys.

Wish we would get a 2.0 Update I just want to be able to use my mechs from career in skirmishes against my friends. I feel like that be unique. Seeing how everybody builds their own mechs in career with the + , ++ , and +++ equipment. Some crazy builds would come out of that. Like my Jagermech 6S uses 4 UAC-2s ++ with 100 rounds of ammo and 2 ER M lasers some heat modules and has 880 points of armor, how would that fare against someone else’s upgraded Rifleman-3C or Marauder.
That's pretty close to doable with the current system, no? All you'd need is a mod to make everything (or at least the weapons/gear) non-blacklisted (and maybe purchasable?) so it'll show up in Skirmish mode, and then use custom mechs.

I finally played some Battletech with the 1.90 patch installed. I experienced my first game crash in almost 500 hours of play when the game crashed after saving on exiting the game. Hopefully, the save was successful. I also noticed that the loading screens and transitions out of missions back to the Argo have been taking longer than I remember.

are you getting the unity problem/error window when that happens?
cuz thats what is happening to me with EVERY save and exit.

only good thing is that the saves are working.

well...maybe we get to see if something like this is considered 'critical' by Paradox and we get a fix from HBS

The OP says exiting problems after saving are one of the two issues they will fix "asap".

Asap has come and gone, but hopefully soon. I've been on hold until this last patch drops, not knowing what it will break.

Hmm. I have also been getting crashes (more like lockups or the Battletech.exe just stops working) after saving and then ending the game, but I get the Win error that "Battletech has stopped working" - about 70% of the time. Not mentioned before 'cause the saves work and after killing the .exe the game restarts normally - but I don't know how it would affect Iron man games. Only differences this time around is that I've disabled splash and intro movie screens via .jsn, so it's minor for me. Good to know they will patch...

In spite of that I'm enjoying the campaign once again with all the heavy metal stuff present (once you finally get that Black Market invite, that is) and am exploring familiar fave mechs with UACs and other items mounted. Also the tweek in scenarios with inferno mounted vehicles and NARC and TAG pods, plus more of the TITAN and house-lance assist scenarios are making this run more enjoyable than previously. Thanks HBS!

I... did a six hour stream and nothing went wrong. My brother's clocked longer periods of just letting the game run and he's reported no crashes. I'm wondering what might be causing it, because I run "lean" - not much else on that box running except the game and Steam (save for when streaming) while he has Discord and other stuff running in the background - and often doesn't sign me out. (Windows 10, what the heck, why do that?)

This is reminding me of that time when my 'toaster' Black Friday Special wasn't crashing, hanging, or such while it seemed everyone was reporting such issues. Weird. Which is probably why HBS hasn't fixed it yet - they've got to find the root cause and be able to replicate it reliably to have a chance to fix it.

I... did a six hour stream and nothing went wrong. My brother's clocked longer periods of just letting the game run and he's reported no crashes. I'm wondering what might be causing it, because I run "lean" - not much else on that box running except the game and Steam (save for when streaming) while he has Discord and other stuff running in the background - and often doesn't sign me out. (Windows 10, what the heck, why do that?)

This is reminding me of that time when my 'toaster' Black Friday Special wasn't crashing, hanging, or such while it seemed everyone was reporting such issues. Weird. Which is probably why HBS hasn't fixed it yet - they've got to find the root cause and be able to replicate it reliably to have a chance to fix it.

well never had a Unity crash error ever prior to 1.8 dropping.
with 1.9 the unity error has gone from happening during a mission to when i save and quit.

so...the root cause to me at least seems to be whatever was done to Unity (updates maybe?) in past couple of updates.
fix unity issue goes away

well never had a Unity crash error ever prior to 1.8 dropping.
with 1.9 the unity error has gone from happening during a mission to when i save and quit.

so...the root cause to me at least seems to be whatever was done to Unity (updates maybe?) in past couple of updates.
fix unity issue goes away

It happened only, and I do mean only, when I had corrupted graphics drivers which had to be replaced.

ya didnt do that since HBS active support is over.
i went directly to
https://support.paradoxplaza.com/hc/en-us
and opened a ticket there since they are the ones who will determine if a bug is critical to warrant a patch.
Actually, it sounds like you did follow the proper procedure since Paradox Support is one of the listed options for bug reports in the post I linked. ;)

Just to clarify something Paradox has always been the ones handling primary support here on the forum (except backer reward issues). The only major difference that I'm aware of between the two is that forum support can allow non Paradox staff to answer. Going forward the only thing different between end of support for HBS and before is that there won't be a patch to fix something that is reported (via zendesk or the forum) unless it is a big enough issue to warrant getting fixed. (Like the game becomes incompatible with running on new versions of windows for some reason.) Otherwise, it's still Paradox support.

Last edited:

The crash on exit is fixed in 1.9.1, released today.

I started streaming a new Campaign playthrough this week, and . . . most of the cutscenes thus far have been muted. All sound is off, and it starts the sound back up immediately on the end of the cutscenes. I'd bug report it, except everything seems to be in complete order otherwise.

I started streaming a new Campaign playthrough this week, and . . . most of the cutscenes thus far have been muted. All sound is off, and it starts the sound back up immediately on the end of the cutscenes. I'd bug report it, except everything seems to be in complete order otherwise.
How to: Tech Support/ Bug report

I... did a six hour stream and nothing went wrong....
Did you use an especially high powered machine?

Did you use Twitch?

Anthing advice? I want to stream some games but haven’t had time quite yet.