• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
For now, I think it's important to add. It's only the end of official development for now.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
dont let this be the end of Btech, there is SOOOOOOOOOO much left for you to do or that you can do!! Succession wars, Clan invasion!!!!!! so so so so much more please dont be done with BTECH!!!

Please tell us you arent done with the btech/mechwarrior universe :'(

• 3Like
Reactions:
Not the end of BATTLETECH, no.

LONG LIVE OUR MODDING COMMUNITY! : )

• 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
All I took away from HBS’s last Kickstarter post is that there are TWO new HBS games I’ll be preordering at some point this year or next. : )

It’s been real...

It’s been fun...

It’s been real Big and Stompy fun Team HBS!

Thank you one and ALL for taking a chance on our Community. :bow:

*late February, late February, late February, late February, LATE FEBRUARY can’t get here soon enough! : )

EDIT: Bring on @bloodydoves CLAN 3060 Mod Pack. I already support bloodydoves on Patreon, here’s to hoping Update 1.9 brings BATTLETECH Modloader fully online.

Last edited:
Thank you HBS for allowing me the opportunity to revitalise my long love of BattleTech with your fantastic game. It's recently drifted up to my second-most played game according to Steam, only beaten out by 1,000+ hours of Fallout 4. And to be honest, I don't see myself stopping playing BATTLETECH any time soon. It's a joyful game, with visceral 'Mech combat, fantastic music, and wonderful graphics. And tactics that matter - not unimportant for a tactical game ;)

And thank you one and all at HBS collectively for being such a shining example of how a game development studio can be; open, honest, and willing to listen to your community (even though we're not always right ;)). Thank you for all the Dev Q&As, all the livestreams, for the regular updates and for just being... You. I knew from Shadowrun that you were a great little studio, but these last years have really, really solidified that. Well done, y'all.

Now, then. Where's the pre-order for the next two HBS games already? ;)

Battletech is a fantastic game that I have gotten many, many, hours of enjoyment from. I don't just mean the hundreds of hours I have had in game, but also the hours spent here with the community and spent digging through the code.

Thank you, Lord Commander and HBS. Good luck on the new projects. I look forward to hearing more about them.

Thank you HBS, Lord Commander, and everyone else who brought us an amazing Battletech experience. It has been a fun few years interacting with the community and HBS. I think I enjoyed the experience almost as much as I have enjoyed playing the game :).

Thank you again, and I will be keeping an eye out on those new HBS projects. :)

For now, I think it's important to add. It's only the end of official development for now.

Exactly!

We haven't seen the end of Battletech, just more of a hiatus IMO. :)

In the mean time, I am curious on what HBS is working on. Crimson Skies would be nice, maybe more Shadow Run, or maybe something completely new.

Sad to see. I had really hoped for and expected a Clans sequel based on the interviews I've read. An amazing game with a solid foundation for an even better sequel, I was thinking.

I guess the Season Pass sales didn't convince Paradox.

Back to the Microsoft catacombs for Battletech. Maybe another 17 years will pass until we get another game.

I'm betting that one of those 2 projects is going to be Battletech 2. With all the stuff they have learned from making Battletech, the feedback from the community, & out of the box ideas from mods. I got that feeling that BT2 will be a worthy sequel to Battletech.

When game developers move on to two different projects, they rarely return to the IP that they left behind. WIth two new projects underway, it means many years of no eyes or work on anything Battletech related. This means that HBS ever returning to Battletech would require them to build a new engine, new gameplay, new features, etc. Such an undertaking requires a lot of resources and such a business decision is not taken lightly. If they've already decided to abandon a possible sequel for this current game, don't expect them to ever start making a new Battletech five to eight years from now.

This video and Kickstarter post is basically a farewell for HBS and Battletech.

Reactions:
When game developers move on to two different projects, they rarely return to the IP that they left behind. WIth two new projects underway, it means many years of no eyes or work on anything Battletech related. This means that HBS ever returning to Battletech would require them to build a new engine, new gameplay, new features, etc. Such an undertaking requires a lot of resources and such a business decision is not taken lightly. If they've already decided to abandon a possible sequel for this current game, don't expect them to ever start making a new Battletech five to eight years from now.

This video and Kickstarter post is basically a farewell for HBS and Battletech.
I respectfully disagree.

BATTLETECH 2, straight from Jordan and Mitch during the Kickstarter, was always meant to bring the gamer a new “take” on the BATTLETECH experience. In my opinion that means new gameplay, features and likely a new engine were part of this from as far back as Kickstarter.

And while two new games may take a couple years, HBS has grown over these last 4 years... in 2022/23 I believe the door opens for a BATTLETECH 2.

And I’ll be here, ready to pre-order or kickstart it when it does. :bow:

• 1Like
Reactions:
A shame if there is no more content being released. I suppose having a stable code base will be good for the modders
Our Modding Community is already rising to the challenge. Just today I became a Patreon of @bloodydoves and his effort to provide us a 3060’s Clan Mod Pack.

Between that and @LadyAlekto and crew’s RogueTech, and all the other great Mods out there, new content for BATTLETECH will continue for quite some time to come. Even more so if HBS’s parting Update fixes BATTLETECH’s Modloader. :bow:

• 1Like
Reactions:
Money talks, Paradox probably didn't want to greenlight a sequel, so it's back to the Microsoft catacombs and goodbye possible Clans sequel.
Just an Operational Pause.

Money DOES talk. Look at BATTLETECH’s Kickstarter, Catalyst’s CLAN INVASION Kickstarter, etc.

In 2, 3 maybe 4 years once HBS has had a chance to... clear its palette, I see HBS with Paradox’ full support, returning to us with a brand new BATTLETECH 2 that will give us a new “take” on the BATTLETECH experience.

Time will tell. :bow:

• 1Like
Reactions: