• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Godo sounds good. Incidentially, it's still sometimes used by people from the Canarias to refer to mainland spaniards.

In Portuguese (and probablly in Spanish too), we call "Godos" the union of the "Visigodos" (Visigoths) with the "Ostrogodos" (Ostrogoths).
Right but those are names which were applied later to distinguish them from one another. The goths in crimea are also just Gotthos and not Ostrogotthos. The nordic ones are also just Gautr.

I think "Godo" would be best https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/godo
Its like this in spanish, asturian, aragonian and portuguese
Its just like "Castellano"
https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pueblo_visigodo
Yeah I agree, a romance language would make more sense than Classical Latin. Do they always remain Goths, until the end of the game?
I know it might be hard to mod, but perhaps it could work similarly to the Kubti culture, where if they convert to Islam they become Mozarabic or Andalusian. Or if Gothic provinces can be more quickly assimilated by other Iberian cultures if conquered.

Frosty 1
Mod updated for the latest version (with the EMF beta), files in this post. I've decided to cut out mozarabic since it doesn't work that well. For future updates I might only update the 'iberian' version, which I think strikes the best balance between gameplay and historical accuracy. I've so far not touched the visigothic name since it would mean tinkering with localisation files and would deviate a bit from the intention of this mod.
If anyone finds a bug or makes a good suggestion I'll be glad to fix it.

Attachments

• Iberian_Tweak.7z
    366,9 KB · Views: 8
  • Iberian_Tweak_Alternative.7z
    366,9 KB · Views: 4
  • Iberian_Tweak_Iberian.7z
    366,7 KB · Views: 9
  • Iberian_Tweak_Visigoth.7z
    366,9 KB · Views: 8
Thanks for the offer. I speak spanish, but so far I don't intend to delve into localisation.

Edit: For anyone who tries the mod, I'd like your opinion on which version feels more balanced. I want to give the christians a fighting chance without crippling the Umayyads.

Seems that the added Catholic provinces are more than enough to make life for the Umayyads a little harder. I'm not sold on moving Andalusian out of the Iberian culture group, because non-Iberian Muslims are already represented by the Mashriqi culture of the majority of the ruling classes. It would only make things even harder for the few "native" Islamic dynasties such as the al-Qasi, who already have a difficult time as it is. Extending the northern Iberian cultures further south seems anachronistic (in fact even the SWMH split between Leonese and Castilian does). If anything, I'd give some more coastal provinces Catalan and one or two more provinces around Zaragoza Aragonese cultuer. Generally Mozarabs are best understood as part of the Andalusian culture, though. It would be great to represent Berbers and Sephardis somehow, but as you mentioned it's difficult to do within the confines of the majority-per-province system.