• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
DED26933-B6DB-430D-8891-3E62F30293C3.jpeg

Into this Big and Stompy New Year, a Work of MechArt by @SpOoKy777 appears.

: )

SpOoKy777’s Patreon and DeviantArt Sites are some of my absolute favorites. Well done Good Sir! :bow:

Last edited:
Huh. Never knew Microsoft delivered on USB sticks. Or do you have someone download it and stick it on a USB for you?
My latest OS purchase was Win10 on a USB.

Then I found out that I needed to flash my bios for the USB ports to be bootable.

That was quite the circular problem until I finally got a bootable DVD in my internal DVD drive.

My latest OS purchase was Win10 on a USB.

Then I found out that I needed to flash my bios for the USB ports to be bootable.

That was quite the circular problem until I finally got a bootable DVD in my internal DVD drive.
giphy.gif

Yeah...for a while there USB boot media was a catch 22. Need to boot from USB, but can't boot from USB because you need to update to do that, and that requires booting to USB first to get the update.

Last edited:
If theres an issue I usually install the os ahead of time on the new HD in an old machine swapping in the new drive and then just move it over to the new system...

[I hope no-one's going to tell me not to do that. haha]

Newer Motherboards have had easier means of flashing the bios though.

Even with challenges and hassles and very real possibility of having to buy additional parts and pieces... building a PC still looks like something I’ll want to do... in a Bucket List kinda way. : )

So long as it's not the "Trenchbucket" list.

Even with challenges and hassles and very real possibility of having to buy additional parts and pieces... building a PC still looks like something I’ll want to do... in a Bucket List kinda way. : )
Another top tip, keep a laptop handy (or borrow one) so if you do need to flash BIOS/download network drivers/google an issue/etc you will be able to :)

I am now installed, Steam is on there, and BattleTech has been loaded. Tomorrow I'll give it a test... not a fan of putting my hand across the open side of the case and finding the air coming off the CPU fan is a "little warm" but not notably warmer than the rest of my bedroom. But BT should be a good stress test to see if I fry it because something was done wrong :)

Then comes the Fun of setting my brother up so he can play it, and buying him the DLCs ;)

Alexa, Siri....child's play. The real computer that is looking out for you is...

Dr. Sbaitso.

He is there to help you. You can say whatever is on your mind freely and his memory contents will be wiped after you leave, so you can tell him about your problems :)

Alexa, Siri....child's play. The real computer that is looking out for you is...

Dr. Sbaitso.

He is there to help you. You can say whatever is on your mind freely and his memory contents will be wiped after you leave, so you can tell him about your problems :)

The computer is your friend, after all. Trust the friendly computer.

I can’t lie...

I’m old enough and have just enough of a misspent youth that this .gif sent a cold shiver down my back that at first was impossible to place...

23591D03-D584-43F0-8EF8-A1072C992539.gif

Run way, RUN AWAY!

- Monty Python rocks and is a favored memory from youth. : )

I can’t lie...

I’m old enough and have just enough of a misspent youth that this .gif sent a cold shiver down my back that at first was impossible to place...

View attachment 538080

Run way, RUN AWAY!

- Monty Python rocks and is a favored memory from youth. : )
Ah, the Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog. Better go get the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch...

Ah, the Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog. Better go get the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch...
Indeed! lol

I really enjoy the various dog and cat gifs that one comes across on Twitter and Facebook, but that wasn’t the case with this rabbit gif. My initial reaction was completely different. I actually caught myself looking to see if I could catch sight of the rabbit’s prey...

And then I recalled Monty Python’s Holy Grail and I laughed out load. I think I’ve fallen asleep with the Holy Grail playing in the background one too many times... okay, okay, maybe a half dozen too many times! : )

I mean, then there's this:

source.gif