• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Prussian Havoc

PDXCON 2019 ~ MechWarrior of the Year
58 Badges
May 12, 2017
forum.paradoxplaza.com
  • BATTLETECH - Initiate of the Order
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • BATTLETECH - Beta Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Empire of Sin - Premium Edition
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
This past week I finally dipped my foot in the multiplayer pool. Admittedly I am late to the party and should have spent time there back in 2018 before I stopped playing the game as playing against another person was quite fun and a nice change up from battling the AI. It would be nice if multiplayer accommodated more mission variation than just destroy all of the other player's mechs. Base assaults, protect the convoy would make for nice options...
Would you be up for a match later on this evening (EST)?

@SteelOnyx, now?

EDIT: Match opened in the Lobby - “Looking for SteelOnyx.”
Stock BattleMechs, 25m Cbills
River Crossing at Sunset

We can change any of those elements.
:bow:

Good luck Mechwarriors.

So I got smoked, wasn't even close... but the future looks bright. @prussianHavoc, thanks again for the lesson!
He's got a billion hours in, no shame there. So long as you had fun!

So I got smoked, wasn't even close... but the future looks bright. @prussianHavoc, thanks again for the lesson!
Great match Good @SteelOnyx. :bow:

Custom Multiplayer is a breed apart from Stock Multiplayer. It casts a very wide net of possible BattleMech Builds, and with each new BattleMech addition through DLC, especially given the HEAVY METAL Mech Quirks, the net keeps getting wider and wider... which is a good think on many levels. : )

Like I said in chat during our match, I am all about BATTLETECH Stock Multiplayer and only very rarely play Custom. Those Hell-Catas are Tournament builds from a Lunar Challenge our community held about a year ago.

They have a short life-span until the AC20 and Flamer ammo is gone, but until then they can be lethal.

I really liked your Long Range Direct and Indirect Fire Lance. Your 5 x AC5 Annihilator left me no choice but to put my head down and Jump/Brace my way inside its Minimum Ranges.

Thank you again for the match. :bow:

if you have some time, you might want to take a look at the BATTLETECH Command Academy thread. I tried to put it together with an eye to helping players new to Multiplayer find their Competition Footing alll the sooner. If you have any questions or comments, just let me know.

And as always, good luck and good BATTLETECH gaming!

Great match Good @SteelOnyx. :bow:

Custom Multiplayer is a breed apart from Stock Multiplayer. It casts a very wide net of possible BattleMech Builds, and with each new BattleMech addition through DLC, especially given the HEAVY METAL Mech Quirks, the net keeps getting wider and wider... which is a good think on many levels. : )

Like I said in chat during our match, I am all about BATTLETECH Stock Multiplayer and only very rarely play Custom. Those Hell-Catas are Tournament builds from a Lunar Challenge our community held about a year ago.

They have a short life-span until the AC20 and Flamer ammo is gone, but until then they can be lethal.

I really liked your Long Range Direct and Indirect Fire Lance. Your 5 x AC5 Annihilator left me no choice but to put my head down and Jump/Brace my way inside its Minimum Ranges.

Thank you again for the match. :bow:

if you have some time, you might want to take a look at the BATTLETECH Command Academy thread. I tried to put it together with an eye to helping players new to Multiplayer find their Competition Footing alll the sooner. If you have any questions or comments, just let me know.

And as always, good luck and good BATTLETECH gaming!

That Annihilator build works extremely well in PVE, especially with UC5's and a ballistic aim modifier, head shot city. However in PVP he was just a sitting duck against those fire cats and none of my other mechs were going to be able to do enough damage on them to slow them down. Having a flamer of my own would have slowed you down some since those Cats ran pretty hot with all the jumping.

That Annihilator build works extremely well in PVE, especially with UC5's and a ballistic aim modifier, head shot city. However in PVP he was just a sitting duck against those fire cats and none of my other mechs were going to be able to do enough damage on them to slow them down. Having a flamer of my own would have slowed you down some since those Cats ran pretty hot with all the jumping.
Agreed.

A true example of - it takes Fire to fight Fire. :bow:

Okay the disconnect thing is getting annoying, I was just about to get to the point (had one more badly damaged Locust to kill) where I was moving in to kill the remaining and undamaged Highlander using a Griffon, 2 Phoenix and a Spider with a shot up leg when poof, the dreaded no connection message. I was really curious to see if I was going to be able to dodge PPC fire long enough to strip away enough back armor to get a kill.

When I can see the game still going through the motion under the message, is that usually an indicator the disconnect was on the other end?