• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

bigredcrazyk

Recruit
Dec 6, 2019
I've owned the game for nearly a year on Xbox 1, purchased every available content pack and expansion released, and still the game feels like the lite version of what players get on pc. Things like road anarchy and the move-it tool would be great additions. The ability to better control road management, set turning lanes, speed limits, yield options, and traffic only lanes (truck-only, bus-only, etc.). I'd like the ability to turn on/off parking on roadways and turn on/off crosswalks.

I want to put down custom parking lots at major shopping centers or sporting venues. Place individual buildings of any type rather than wait for land value increases to boost the level of buildings. Not only that, I want to be able to select a specific building or house out of a list of every one available in the game and place it where I want. I hate the random aspect of waiting to get a level 5 house only to rebuild it because I didn't get the one I wanted. I'd like map editing tools, the ability to build my own maps, lower/increase water levels, and better terrain tools.

As a console player, are these things ever going to be introduced to the game? I'm beyond frustrated at this point and get more enjoyment watching others play the pc version on YouTube rather than playing the game myself. That's just plain sad. I want to build something like Fluxtrance's Avalon on console. The ability to stack buildings on top of each other, fit buildings into terrain or under roadways, etc. Is that ever going to be possible on console? I feel like I will no longer purchase add-ons or support the game if I can't look forward to more options for console players.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Upvote 0
You do realize Fluxtrance use heavily modded version and probably have monster PC to cope with the resources needed to handle such detailed city?
Don't get your hopes up, what you need will never be in this console generation, probably not in the next one either.

Get yourself a powerful gaming PC rig and install mods so you can have everything mentioned above.

Get yourself a powerful gaming PC rig and install mods so you can have everything mentioned above.

That's the thing. I grew up playing games on console and have little interest in pc gaming. For me it's nostalgic. I bought a decent laptop several years ago, basically got it to play StarCraft 2, but the specs are extremely outdated by today's standards and I wouldn't attempt gaming on it. I can't justify building a suped up gaming rig for one game, because for the most part it's not something I do daily, or sometimes not even once a week depending on my work schedule.

I understand some mods just aren't able to translate over to console, but I feel like the devs could introduce a map editor and better road management tools specifically for console players, as well as a full inventory of buildings rather than leaving it up to randomized chance based on land value. That's what I'm talking about. Devote some effort toward your console player base rather than us getting dlc expansions 6 months to a year after pc release. I haven't played C:S in over a month because I feel pretty underwhelmed by how little thought goes into the console version from the dev team.

I couldn't agree more regarding assets editor. Can't understand why is so hard to let us use existing assets to create interchanges that we like to use for example, so we don't have to spend hours building them from scratch in new cities, but when it comes to mods, the situation is a bit different.
Mods are created by community. A random people who happen to know modding tools and try to make the game easier for themselves and everybody who wants to use the mod.
They come with the downside though. The mod creator usually have the only one PC and they can't test the performance in every circumstances.
I used to play CS on a decent gaming PC and at the end game with some 50-60 "essential" mods my loading times would be 30 minutes long and framerate would drop to barely playable 10-15FPS. And one of the culprit mods for such terrible performance was the Lane Management President something thingy...
Console of the current generation is not very powerful system. When it comes to system specs, they are now in the mid to low range of gaming PCs equivalents which wouldn't be able to play end game with bunch of resource hungry mods properly.
Furthermore it is not developers responsibility to implement mods solution into the final product if they don't want to.

It's like when you buy the car and then see that exact model being "modded" with new headlights, spoilers, exhausts, tires, custom engine, and then saying the manufacturer they should add that to their model because it looks way better.

Again, I understand all of that, but the thing is that console players expect the same quality of game. If a modder implements something to the pc version that dramatically improves the game, and it becomes the standard for said version, the devs should be looking at ways to recreate that improvement for console players. Maybe not the exact same mod, not the same name or same menu layout, but something similar that achieves the same result.

You say it isn't the devs' responsibility. I beg to differ. If you wish to keep your product relevant, you must constantly try to improve it. Take the good ideas and build upon the foundation. It is 100% their responsibility to keep the player base interested in their game. Console players I know are losing interest because we don't have a fraction of the same tools or assets that pc players have.

Again, I understand all of that, but the thing is that console players expect the same quality of game. If a modder implements something to the pc version that dramatically improves the game, and it becomes the standard for said version, the devs should be looking at ways to recreate that improvement for console players. Maybe not the exact same mod, not the same name or same menu layout, but something similar that achieves the same result.
At what cost exactly? So once you reach 80K population you get 10FPS in return?
Hell no. Just because some mod drastically changes the game it doesn't mean it improves it.
Heck some of the mods actually dumbs it down. Maybe you should learn to create road layouts that don't require mods to function properly? I can easily maintain 150-200k population cities and keeping the traffic over 90% with no issues at all. I scoff on those "fix your city" youtubers who use mods to fix it.

You say it isn't the devs' responsibility. I beg to differ. If you wish to keep your product relevant, you must constantly try to improve it. Take the good ideas and build upon the foundation. It is 100% their responsibility to keep the player base interested in their game. Console players I know are losing interest because we don't have a fraction of the same tools or assets that pc players have.
Yes, thats why they release DLC's. You should be aware of the limitation of your gaming system. Consoles can never be the same as PC.
I know because i play on Playstation, which doesn't even have so called "mods" XBox have.

Id be thrilled for just some lane traffic control, most of my traffic issues are because turning cars cut across traffic and make oncoming traffic stop even with stop signs implimented, there is a need for a fix in that area on both versions

I can easily maintain 150-200k population cities and keeping the traffic over 90% with no issues at all. I scoff on those "fix your city" youtubers who use mods to fix it.

I don't have difficulty managing traffic, I simply want better tools to do so. My average 200k city has 80-90% traffic. That's not the issue. I create pretty elaborate roadways before a single building goes up. I can spend hours on a single interchange. My interchanges are works of art and the primary reason I play the game, but there's only so much you can do on console and no matter how much love you put into it, it still doesn't look realistic when compared to pc.

I want to be able to turn off parking on certain roads, not to improve the traffic flow, but to improve the aesthetics. When I build a massive shopping area, I don't want parking on the streets and would prefer to put down large parking lots instead because it looks more realistic. That's what I mean by traffic manager. The ability to turn on/off street parking or remove crosswalks, increase the speed limit of certain roads to encourage travel on them, things like that.

You seem to be under the impression that by implementing additional functions to the game, you'd somehow be sacrificing performance. That wouldn't be the case if you were allowed to turn off certain assets or tools that you're not using. There are several things in the game I simply don't use, such as all the pre-made roundabouts/interchanges, certain transportation types like cable cars, specific terrain tools, most of the tree/grass/rock assets (I only use a few of each), and the European district styles (I build mostly Americana cities).

If during the loadout we could select more properties to add or remove from the world state and menus, that would go miles in freeing up processing capabilities. For example: say you know going into a build you are going to use the liberal arts college set. You should be able to remove the other sets from the world state. If the game doesn't have to load those assets in the menu, that would free up processing power. We could not only build much larger cities on console, but also implement more tools and assets for things we actually need.

I don't think the devs understand how frustrating it is to play on console when there are definitely things they could work on to improve the game. I'd care less about expansions if I knew they were devoting resources to fixing how the game operates. I'd even pay money to implement said changes if they ever came about. But the default "we can't do that because console doesn't have the processing capabilities" statement is lazy at best. I'm sure it's not as simple as waving a magic wand and it'd take a lot of effort, but they could overhaul the loadout to better pick and choose which assets we want to play with, and then start implementing more tools to target specific problem areas of the game, such as building inventories, traffic management, etc.

Please stop arguing with me over what can and cannot be accomplished. Anything can be achieved if you work hard enough at it. I created this thread so the devs have a general direction on what console players are looking for, not to bash each others ideas. If you have something thoughtful to contribute that would benefit the conversation, great, otherwise I don't need you to reply.

Id be thrilled for just some lane traffic control, most of my traffic issues are because turning cars cut across traffic and make oncoming traffic stop even with stop signs implimented, there is a need for a fix in that area on both versions

A simple fix is using the four-lane road with dividers more often. I exclusively use those roads anywhere there's heavy industry or commercial and that resolves the issue of trucks cutting across the road. Also try using more one-way streets in front of sporting, tourist, and leasure attractions. That essentially does the same thing in preventing traffic from cutting across the roadways since traffic can only flow one way.

Am I the only one who remembers that the devs had a hard time even adding the time speed toggle for console? I don't expect mods on consoles right now, maybe ever. Perhaps with the new consoles releasing this year it could happen but I still don't expect it to. I don't mean to sound rude or anything but nobody should purchase a game on console and expect mods to be added. If they are then it should be considered a bonus.

CheifLEGOMAN1,

I understand this, however, I am not agreeing to the fact of mods being added to the consoles themselves, I am stating that if the developers were to add something like Traffic Manager: President Edition, Anarchy, and Rico, or Growable to the game itself.

~Sincerely, Dåniel

I agree! In summary, ONE simple way to acomplish most of this would be to introduce the road editor tool to console. Also, as said before, better intersection traffic controls such as yeild (which is different than stop), and things like no right/left turns, and other basic intersection controls that mods like traffic manager have.
EDIT: Sorry for the late reply, but I felt this was important.

Last edited:
Please incorporate basic traffic tools like many asked for above. Yield signs, add/remove crosswalks, basic lane/intersection management tools. A stop sign and traffic lights simply isn’t enough.