• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Hiramas

Sergeant
45 Badges
Feb 23, 2011
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris
  • Prison Architect
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • 500k Club
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • BATTLETECH
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Magicka 2
  • Cities: Skylines
I will rework this post after the patch, stay tuned

Greetings everyone,

a few people had the idea to try to collect all the wishes and suggestions into an organized list and I decided to try it. I hope you support this endeavor and reply with your suggestions and wishes.

Let's try to agree on a few rules:
- Please only post your suggestion in this thread, I think we should keep this thread clean and move the discussion about the suggestions to their respective threads.
- If your suggestion has it's own discussion already, post the link and I will add it to the list.
- Please try to sort your suggestion into one of the existing categories or suggest a new category for the list.
- I would like suggestions about the best way to permanently collect support for the various suggestions and wishes.

Edit: There is also this Idea Box page, if that is the preferred way to gather ideas for the community, I suggest to use it: http://citiesskylines.ideascale.com/

Categories

Basic Simulation

UI, Sound and Game Mechanics

Tech and Engine

Modding and STEAM Workshop

• Traffic Simulation in the Asset Editor
  • Road modding
  • Better Workshop organization
  • Asset Manager filters and organization
  • Pictures of modded buildings in the game
  • Left-hand driving in the asset editor

Zoned Buildings - Types and Styles

Residential

Commercial

• -
  • -
  • -

Industry

• Area effects for specialized industry ( e.g. fields, oil pumps)
  • ^ Bigger industry buildings in the specialized industry (e.g. fields, oil pumps)
  • Longer, more interesting production chains
  • High-Tech industry specialization

Offices

• -
  • -
  • -

Functional Buildings

• Modular, extendable Buildings
  • -
  • -

Water

Power

• -
  • -
  • -

Health- and Deathcare

• -
  • -
  • -

Education

Police and Fire

• -
  • -
  • -

Garbage

• Zoneable or Extendable Landfills
  • "Greener" way to get rid of garbage.
  • -

Parks and Decoration

Districts and district policies

Roads, Roadtypes and related things

Mass Transit

Busses

• Bus lanes
  • Long range bus stations for tourists
  • -

Trains

• Larger train stations
  • Train stations with multiple connections (bus, metro)
  • Elevated Stations
  • Different types of elevated structures (steel, concrete, brick)
  • Underground tracks and stations
  • Traintrack soundwalls

Metro

• Overground/Elevated Metro including stations
  • Different types of elevated structures (steel, concrete, brick)
  • -

Airport

Harbor

• Bigger harbors
  • Modular harbors
  • Harbor waterfront [CONSIDERED]
  • -

Other concepts

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Like I said in my OP it's a Quality of Life (Convenience) thing. also if the player doesn't have admin privileges they would not be able to mass delete saved games in their file manager.

Last edited:
PROPS.

I like that we have some access to props now (Parklife!).

I need two things.

1. Better organization of the props. ("Find it" might help.)
2. More access to props. There are lots of them that you can't (without mods) get access to.

Example:
20191117174420_1.jpg

I built a shipyard and some warehouses. (Yes, I need "Move It" to do a better job with the quay.)
It really needs some industrial props to finish it off.

And some chain link fence. (Chain link fence and hedges need to be added to the fence tool. Brick walls and stuff too. But that's another post.)

what do you think the city park needs that doesn't already exist in one-way shape or form?

It is the category with the fewest buildings, and I find it hard to not make them repetitive.

I would suggest a few flowerbed type areas. Maybe something like a duck pond with flowers and trees. Stuff like that is present in some of the parks in my area.

there are flowerbed props in the City Park tab and assuming you're not playing on console, you can download assets from the steam workshop. also, city parks should not charge an entry fee by default.

Hi, My development idea is about consoles.

I understand that the introduction of mods on consoles is technically challenging. So I have a solution for this:

Game developers could make their own desired mods and then sell them in bundles to console gamers. For example: Traffic Mod package, car park package, road package (different roads, junctions, roundabouts, etc.) and much more! This solves this technical problem while also employing game developers.

Hi, My development idea is about consoles.

I understand that the introduction of mods on consoles is technically challenging. So I have a solution for this:

Game developers could make their own desired mods and then sell them in bundles to console gamers. For example: Traffic Mod package, car park package, road package (different roads, junctions, roundabouts, etc.) and much more! This solves this technical problem while also employing game developers.
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...-add-actual-mods-for-cities-skylines.1292411/

May I please, please suggest that we get rid of the dirt circles underneath palm trees. It isn't very natural when used in grassy areas and makes your map look pimpled.

I think there are a lot of "quality of life" updates that could be done to the preexisting game. Cities' scaling for buildings and objects isn't constant. Also, there are a ton of grammatical errors in prop/building descriptions.

Make warehouses findable by highlighting them in one of the Info Views

I play different cities at different times using the IndustriesDLC. Since all my cities are above 250.000 people, it is kind of difficult to remember where I had placed all my warehouses if I go back to a city after some time.
All the other different types of placeable buildings can be found by one or other of the Info Views ("police service" makes all the stations and cars light up violet, same for "health services" with which you can have your hospitals, cemeteries or saunas highlighted):
But warehouses, so important for the production chain have been forgotten to be highlighted in one of the Info Views.
It is tiresome chasing delivery trucks... ;-)

A logistics update for the industries DLC, Allowing the player to change the quantity of production/ unique factory products directed to any of the following categories;
  • Export
  • Warehousing (storage)
  • Sale ( to business or other unique factories )
if CO and Paradox don't do it themselves then someone could make a Mod do it, however, this would end up excluding Counsel (sp users, since they can't use Mods.)

Last edited:
It is the category with the fewest buildings, and I find it hard to not make them repetitive.

I would suggest a few flowerbed type areas. Maybe something like a duck pond with flowers and trees. Stuff like that is present in some of the parks in my area.
How about aquatics facilities
  • Splash pad
  • Wading pool
  • Waterpark- this would charge an entrance fee
city parks should not charge an entry fee by default.

2/15
A larger fully enclosed pavilion and picnic shelters (while you could use the Lean-To shelters from the Nature Reserve/National Park for this they just don't look right.)

Last edited:
When a disaster hits, would it be possible for the Disaster Response Unit or the Road Maintenance Depot to repair roads? When a tornado hits a big city with dense neighborhood roads, its really time intensive to upgrade all the roads (not to mention find what roads match where).

When a disaster hits, would it be possible for the Disaster Response Unit or the Road Maintenance Depot to repair roads? When a tornado hits a big city with dense neighborhood roads, its really time intensive to upgrade all the roads (not to mention find what roads match where).

I wholeheartedly agree with this. Even in the real world it isn't the mayor who repairs the roads it is the transportation department in some form or fashion. It has never made sense to me.