• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
would it be possible to make heartlanders use the roman portraits?

I will give Heartlanders 2 portrait sets which you could chose from in the next update - Southslavic OR Italian/Roman look (which should be on these weekends, since I've resolved the majority of my life problems).
Although I am currently helping out one of my old friends with their own overhaul mod, I plan to post an update once each weekend, excluding updates which fix bugs, I'll post those as soon as possible.

Remember, your suggestions will always be considered and most likely added into the submod!

What if you gave the Altmer the French DLC Clothing because they are very pompous or the Spanish Clothing because why not, the Bosmer I have no idea, and the Dunmer would maybe have Either Chinese Clothing or maybe even Arabic Clothing, because I feel like their society would have that kind of clothing look, also that's mostly because of this mod for Morrowind: https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/43835?tab=images

would it be possible to make heartlanders use the roman portraits?

What if you gave the Altmer the French DLC Clothing because they are very pompous or the Spanish Clothing because why not, the Bosmer I have no idea, and the Dunmer would maybe have Either Chinese Clothing or maybe even Arabic Clothing, because I feel like their society would have that kind of clothing look, also that's mostly because of this mod for Morrowind: https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/43835?tab=images

Sorry for not answering to you earlier, paradoxplaza played tricks on me.
I'll add more optional portraits (for mer and others) in v1.5 update.

Removed EKFP - Elves for the time being to make sure I am not changing anything about their facial structure or their hair and beards.
Hopefully I'll have enough inspiration to finish this one quickly.

Oh and new version of EKFP includes Redguard portraits, hope you guys like it.

Edit: Currently the Redguard Portraits are accessible only for SVN users as Non-SVN ck2 version does not have Egyptian portraits of patch 3.3.0
I will make an alternative Redguard portrait set (out of muslim and african portraits), which Non-SVN users could use.

Last edited:
The portraits to date look amazing. Any chance of a Breton set in the future?

I might make a Breton portrait set if I come up with a unique combination for them (will most likely try to modify the faces + update the reachmen with the new breton faces).

As of right now, I won't be doing much progress due to university assignments, which I put on higher priority than my hobbies.

Of course, if you have any suggestion what I could do with bretons, let me know here or on discord!

Made this threadmark so that more people notice the update and to explain which cultures use what DLC assets.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EKFP Official/SVN
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Atmorans and Skaal - Monks & Mystics, Norse Portraits, Ugric Portraits
  • Nords - Holy Fury, Monks & Mystics, Norse Portraits, Ugric Portraits
  • Colovians - Holy Fury, Monks & Mystics
  • Imperials/Heartlanders - Holy Fury, Iberian Portraits
  • Nibenese - Byzantine Portraits, Iberian/Southern Portraits
  • Crowns, Forebears, Yokudans and Lhotunics - African Portraits, Holy Fury
  • Reachmen - Holy Fury, Easternslavic/Russian Portraits
  • Breton - Holy Fury
EKFP - Elves
  • Ashlanders, Chimer and Dunmer - Persian Portraits
  • Falmer - Holy Fury
  • Maomer - Jade Dragon
  • Altmer - Holy Fury
  • Bosmer - Celtic Portraits
  • Ayleid - Jade Dragon

I might make a Breton portrait set if I come up with a unique combination for them (will most likely try to modify the faces + update the reachmen with the new breton faces).

As of right now, I won't be doing much progress due to university assignments, which I put on higher priority than my hobbies.

Of course, if you have any suggestion what I could do with bretons, let me know here or on discord!
Hmm. French faces + Celtic hairs and clothing + Russian headgear could work for the Reachmen, perhaps? And French faces, hairs and crowns + English clothing, hats and helmets for the Bretons. That's as far as my suggestions for possible portrait bases go, at least - I'm afraid I don't have a head for the finer points like eyes, facial structure, etc.

Hmm. French faces + Celtic hairs and clothing + Russian headgear could work for the Reachmen, perhaps? And French faces, hairs and crowns + English clothing, hats and helmets for the Bretons. That's as far as my suggestions for possible portrait bases go, at least - I'm afraid I don't have a head for the finer points like eyes, facial structure, etc.

Both ideas are quite nice, especially the Bretons. The Reachmen portraits you described could be optional, unless the majority of people prefer them over the current ones (then I shall replace the old ones). Hopefully I will be able to make at least 1 set of portraits this weekend (all depends on uni pressure).

Thanks for the feedback!

Redguard portraits are bugged for me. A majority do not have eyes, and the children have no portraits and cannot be selected. I am using the latest version of the SVN as of 11/27.

I have all the main DLCs plus the portrait packs. I am using the 64bit beta for ck2 if that might do anything. ( Paradox would not let me directly reply, odd.)

I have all the main DLCs plus the portrait packs. I am using the 64bit beta for ck2 if that might do anything. ( Paradox would not let me directly reply, odd.)

Double check that you have the SVN version of EKFP and not the Official one.

It seems like you don't have the egyptian portraits active (which ck2 gave for free in recent update). Check in your ck2 game directory (not documents) inside the interface folder if there is a file named: "portraits_egyptian.gfx"

If you do, go back and check the gfx/characters folder, try to find egyptian_male and egyptian_female + check if there are any "default_daughter_egyptian.tga" and "default_son_egyptian.tga"

Double check that you have the SVN version of EKFP and not the Official one.

It seems like you don't have the egyptian portraits active (which ck2 gave for free in recent update). Check in your ck2 game directory (not documents) inside the interface folder if there is a file named: "portraits_egyptian.gfx"

If you do, go back and check the gfx/characters folder, try to find egyptian_male and egyptian_female + check if there are any "default_daughter_egyptian.tga" and "default_son_egyptian.tga"
Yeah, I was still running the 64bit beta when the update had already arrived and so I did not get the Egyptian portraits. Thanks for the help I am now going to enjoy some amazing portraits.