LIVE - BATTLETECH Update 1.8 and Heavy Metal Paid Expansion Release Notes

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I started a new Career mode run last night and while I have not seen any new mech's in the wild yet, there was both a complete ARC-2S and the components to put one together. The store also had a Guass Rifle and a Gauss Ammo Bin, so the new toys are out there. Think i'm going to mount that Gauss on the Enforcer that I started with in place of the AC/10, dropping the LL for the extra weight needed and filling the leftover weight with a pair of Medium Lasers and some more armor.

Side note, if Dev's are reading this, the complete Archer was about 9.6m C-Bills, each component was about 960k C-Bills. Why would anyone ever buy the complete thing then you can buy the parts and put it together yourself for 1/3 the price. I noticed similar piece counts for the other mech's as well. If there was a complete mech for sale, there was also enough pieces to put at least one whole mech of that type together and if I remember correctly, ALL of the "salvage parts" were in multiples of 3.

Side note, if Dev's are reading this, the complete Archer was about 9.6m C-Bills, each component was about 960k C-Bills. Why would anyone ever buy the complete thing then you can buy the parts and put it together yourself for 1/3 the price. I noticed similar piece counts for the other mech's as well. If there was a complete mech for sale, there was also enough pieces to put at least one whole mech of that type together and if I remember correctly, ALL of the "salvage parts" were in multiples of 3.
Because usually the store only has one or the other, and often only one part when you need multiple to build the mech and you might be hunting long and hard for those parts. Or you might just need only one more conversely.

Consider it a premium option for the convenience.

Because usually the store only has one or the other, and often only one part when you need multiple to build the mech and you might be hunting long and hard for those parts. Or you might just need only one more conversely.

Consider it a premium option for the convenience.

Also, because people may be playing with the “unequipped mechs” option but want to use the mech ASAP.

Also, because people may be playing with the “unequipped mechs” option but want to use the mech ASAP.

And also there's the variable of the difficulty setting in terms of how many parts = a whole 'Mech. We don't adjust the cost of the parts based on that setting, so lower parts for completion means that, yes, it's cheaper to buy the pieces and put then together yourself (especially if you don't have the option on for unequipped 'Mechs).

Yeah... “Unequipped Mechs” they said. It’s a blast they said. A real 3025 Rimward Periphery FEELZ, they said.

Then I bought three pieces of an Atlas II in the same Store and just looked sadly at all the empty critical spaces...

...”Unequipped Mechs” they said. : (

Yeah... “Unequipped Mechs” they said. It’s a blast they said. A real 3025 Rimward Periphery FEELZ, they said.

Then I bought three pieces of an Atlas II in the same Store and just looked sadly at all the empty critical spaces...

...”Unequipped Mechs” they said. : (
Please. Who you fooling?
We know you live for a good loot grind. :p:)

Please. Who you fooling?
We know you live for a good loot grind. :p:)
It’s not a grind if you are lov’in every Big and Stompy minute of it. : )

That being said...

...humor has its place. :bow;:

As I've said, I've only found Marauder and Phoenix Hawk in stores. Actually, almost in any store there are these mechs. As well as Hatchetman's. I've found pieces of Atlas IIs.
And I've visited many planets and stores. No signs of Warhammer, Rifleman, Archer and others.

Or I must start a new game to find new mechs? It seems like new mechs aren't added to my AI enemies in my old campaign.

JUst keep looking lol. Ive found tons of parts, including a COIL L, Sub PPC, Warhammers, Marauders, Riflemen, Archers, all in store. In missions ive come across like 3 Marauders, a RIfleman, several Vulcans and Assassians, as well as a Warhammer 6D and I wasnt even past Weldry until late last night. Granted, this is a new campaign.

Maybe you just gotta fly around to different planets so they will update their store.

BTW what is the store reset time? If I flew away from a planet, how long would I need to be gone before it resets the store? I need more Double HEatinks and I found a planet with SLDF tech....

...I need more Double HEatinks and I found a planet with SLDF tech....
You, umm... don’t say... which, umm... Planet was that anyway?

: )

As far as looking for specific items, remember that the store overhaul that came with 1.8 allows you to filter the map based on tags. In theory, the info box next to that filter should give you information about what that tag has in the store. (I haven't seen it work myself, but the only time I tried the info box I'm pretty sure I didn't have a filter selected... at the time I was just poking around and didn't know that no information is the correct behavior when it's not filtered.)

You, umm... don’t say... which, umm... Planet was that anyway?

: )

Kimi. I just went back and found another one. I guess ill come back in another 30 game days and buy another one. Maybe that 5% store discount im close to getting will be a thing then. Almost 700,000 space bucks for 3 more cooling vs a standard HS lol.

Also, I think the heat efficiency meter is wholly over estimating itself. My Warhammer has 2 Heat Banks, 1 is a +10 Heat and one is +20 Heat the other is +5 Threshold and the other is +10 threshold. I also have a 20% Exchanger, 2 DHS and like 2 or 3 SHS, and it says I have 18 ticks of heat eff. It breaks down to 48 cooling per turn and 90 alpha heat. It sure doesnt feel like 18 points of heat eff. It also barely looks like my threshold moved at all, even though I have like +30 to threshold.

Ok i really have to ask HBS is this kind of lunacy intended on the black market cause i just found a full set of both Atlas II ( yes that's a Star league Era Atlas ) and the new Annihilator in the same store?
unknown.png

Ok i really have to ask HBS is this kind of lunacy intended on the black market cause i just found a full set of both Atlas II ( yes that's a Star league Era Atlas ) and the new Annihilator in the same store?
unknown.png
I’ve experienced the same thing now a couple times. The first time I came across them I bought all six pieces. And because this play-through is with Pieces of Three, I ended up with a brand new Anni and Atlas II. : )

I’ve traveled to may be 7 or 8 systems since HEAVY METAL was released and I’ve found that the number of whole Mechs and multiple Mech Pieces has increased maybe three or four fold per world.

It was fun at first... but buying the third, fourth and fifth Atlas II feels wrong somehow. :shrug:

I would like to request a new in-mission event that chance increases the more Los tech you have to have a Star league Com Star hit squad come after you.

Last edited:
I would like to request a new in-mission event that chance increases the more Los tech you have to have a Star league hit squad come after you.
Excellent! :bow:

Though I’d see your Star League Hit Squad and raise you a COMSTAR ROM Death Squad! : )

that was meant to be com-star hit squad but half asleep atm XD
You were more correct than you might have realized, the Star League had their Seventy-seventh Special Operations Group (SOG), the Blackhearts. They left calling cards on their victims during the last years of the Star League. A calling card signed with their unofficial motto "in hoc signo vinces", or "by this sign you will conquer.”

Interesting enough the Blackhearts have serviced through 3025. : )