• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Aswolfree

Recruit
55 Badges
Feb 18, 2018
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Prison Architect
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities in Motion
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
I apologise if i posted this in the wrong thread, but i have an issue, and i want some advice or answer or something like that.

When i try to go to multiplayer, it writes: Error A cosmic ray has disrupted Comstar relays.We apologise for the inconvinience.

And even if it loads, i can see nobody at all. Is this normal? Am i doing something wrong? Im quite new in this game and know nothing about multiplayer so. I hope someone can lighten me up.

I apologise if i posted this in the wrong thread, but i have an issue, and i want some advice or answer or something like that.

When i try to go to multiplayer, it writes: Error A cosmic ray has disrupted Comstar relays.We apologise for the inconvinience.

And even if it loads, i can see nobody at all. Is this normal? Am i doing something wrong? Im quite new in this game and know nothing about multiplayer so. I hope someone can lighten me up.
That particular error message (about Cosmic Rays) is something I see every time I go into BATTLETECH Multiplayer as well. Just select Multiplayer a second time and it has always worked for me.

Unfortunately there are few BATTLETECH gamers playing BATTLETECH Multiplayer these days.

Even though Kickstarted, HBS opted to eliminate BATTLETECH Multiplayer Leaderboards, Tournaments, Leagues and Prizes prior to BATTLETECH’s Launch. This no doubt impacted BATTLETECH’s Multiplayer Experience. :bow:

Then there are just few players out there who want to play multiplayer?
I hosted a 91-player, double elimination BATTLETECH Multiplayer Tournament just two weeks after BATTLETECH was released. So our community did come together and more than a dozen smaller Community-run tournaments were conducted.

But without HBS-Run Leaderboards, Tournament, Leagues and Prizes, the number of Multiplayer Matches per day did indeed fall away over the first year.

I still believe Player Interest exists in BATTLETECH Multiplayer, but absent a reason to come back to it, I think the best we might see are surges in Multiplayer Matches per day for a few weeks after each DLC. Just like we experienced after FLASHPOINT and URBAN WARFARE.

On a different note, I will be up for a couple matches this Friday Night. Do you have time for some Big Stompy Mech Action? Timezone?

Thanks for the answers, i will definetly try to be there. My timezone is GMT+1(Europe)
The whole Battletech universe is quite new for me. I dont know much about it. Before this game i only knew that yes, Battletech exist and there are mechs in it, but after a small searchi had to realize that this is a big universe, filled with a lot of interesting stuff.

Thanks for the answers, i will definetly try to be there. My timezone is GMT+1(Europe)
The whole Battletech universe is quite new for me. I dont know much about it. Before this game i only knew that yes, Battletech exist and there are mechs in it, but after a small searchi had to realize that this is a big universe, filled with a lot of interesting stuff.
Hopefully your search brought Sarna.net to your attention: https://www.sarna.net/wiki/BattleTech_Universe So very much has been compiled there for our enjoyment. : )

GMT+1, got it. I’ll post back here tomorrow night when I come up on BATTLETECH for some sweet BATTLETECH action. :bow:

As ever, good luck and good gaming!

@Aswolfree, any chance you might have some time tonight for a match. If it doesn’t work out we can always give it a shot over the weekend. :bow:

Last edited:
Ten days later...

Alright, take two. I've had some time to build a couple of stock 15m lances and bashed up a mate for practice. I've got the Discord too, so if there's anyone about 8-ish this evening (GMT) that wants to teach me a lesson or two in stompy robots, give me a shout. I'm Mr Smith on Discord.

Ten days later...

Alright, take two. I've had some time to build a couple of stock 15m lances and bashed up a mate for practice. I've got the Discord too, so if there's anyone about 8-ish this evening (GMT) that wants to teach me a lesson or two in stompy robots, give me a shout. I'm Mr Smith on Discord.
I’ll not be available until closer to 10pm GMT, sorry about that.

But on the off-chance I make it home a bit earlier, which Discord are you on?

HBS BATTLETECH Unofficial, but I'm off out just before ten tonight. Still, I'll be about for a bit.
Excellent. I’m already on that particular discord server too. Have fun! I’ll check in with you later. :bow:

As an alibi, maybe @OathOfFealty or @Mechwarrior Horus might be available later for a match or two... ?

@Starcrash Smith, I’ll be in and out of gaming throughout the weekend. Maybe we can link up for some BATTLETECH Multiplayer later on Saturday/Sunday.

And as ever, good luck and good HEAVY METAL gaming! :bow: