• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

LaTueur

Regent
9 Badges
Jul 29, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
5rzVk12.png

A mod which shouldn't be one, it should be in the basegame.

In short it's just fixes bugs in the basegame which got reported but somehow didn't get fixed (some are there since release, or at least for 3 years.)
It doesn't add new anything you, just fixes stuff.
Mainly just gathered stuff from PDX forum bug reports and found some during modding.

Changelog (worths reading):
  • You can't colonise Iceland from Afghanistan mainland
  • Ruby Bracelets are as cool as they should be
  • Aztec Syphilis will actually develop
  • Corrected capitals
  • Fixed double dynasties
  • Included Female Minor Titles Fix by mysmario
  • Included Animism Fix by Dragatus
  • Saoshyant bloodline works for Khurmazta
  • Safer check for playing as crusader beneficiary
  • Added missing Meliorism synergy for Civilized/Harmonious
  • Added another missing synergy
  • Grabbing out crown with Conclave checks the correct law
  • Moved a trigger to the correct place
  • You can't burn down the Irminsul if it isn't held by a Norse
  • Burning down Roma will keep the first temple
  • People won't be angry of Charlemagne after his coronization because he wasn't coronized properly
  • The AI will change centralisation, trying to make it as high as possi
    ble, unless it would go over vassal limit, also lower it when it's over vassal limit
  • The fourth saint's burial site isn't a portal which will take you to an endless journey
  • Hermetics won't have best outcome forever after one case
  • Not only bastards will get freckles
  • Fixed that mess called Papal War
  • Community of Saint Anthony is no longer a demarchy
  • You can become kind while forging a bloodline, even when you isn't
    already kind
  • Courtiers can no longer ask you to imprison yourself
  • Now not only courtiers who hate each other will become lovers
  • Sviatoslav can't get birth magicly
  • You will gain one cheap weapon, not two
  • Lucia of Sardinia is now a woman (again)
  • Tribal kinslayer can be removed
  • No longer gains money by giving earrings to your wife
  • Introduce heir won't end with nothing 90% of the time
  • During introduce heir, sexual preference is taken into account now
  • Now severly scarred people are respected in warrior lodges
  • You won't become secret Bon, when you supose to be secret Bon Reformed
  • Added missing secret society interests and Kailash Guardian check
  • Kailash Guardian is rewarded by warrior lodges
  • Extended sacrifice bonus for divine child
  • The top of the Hindu Monastic Order is as infertile as everyone else at the same rank
  • Hunting > Hunt
  • Chestpain fix (our error)
  • Added obj_create_treasury_desc missing pronoun
  • Fix CM.15007 Character goes old zunist, not reformed one
  • Added missing duchies from the Norway region
  • AI will try to make bloodlines
  • Fraticelli Papacy has Papal Succession
  • You won't envy coronations when you can't have one
  • Now you won't progress toward getting sacrifice bloodline, just because you are the religious head
  • You can try to treat chest pain more than one time
  • Eagle Warriors will no longer say "I'm not totally winning the war, so I need as muc help as possible. Now I'm losing so everything is fine, no more worry."
  • Now Franconia, Thuringia and Swabia work correctly
  • Now not all holy order leaders will start as catholics/noreligion
  • Now you will just smile when the pope's years old letter describing that you didn't use to do your holy duty during the crusade arrives if you already taken part or it's finished
  • Correct capital of Penthievre
  • Fixed some build time/cost modifier
  • You will no longer stuck travelling after coronized's death
  • When trying to expelle the Bektashi Order, you won't expelle the Hashshashin
  • Devil workshippers can no longer kill themselfs or priests abroad
  • During Furusiyya, you can lose all your bodyparts, not just your hand
  • Replaced clear_flags_with_prefix with clr_wonder_flag for wonders, be
  • Relic tombs can be active
  • Hermetics can have zodiac signs
  • You will no longer need to cheat on your wife with your wife to join the devil workshipper
  • Manifest Destinity will no longer give decadence to those who doesn't use it

Not Ironman compatible.
Not compatible with many mods, certainly not with big ones.
(May make compatible versions later.)

• LajosTueur (me)
  • Aerotinge
  • mysmario
  • Dragatus
  • Many, many bug reporters

Github link: https://github.com/LaTueur/CK2-Community-Patch
(Help is welcome, please DM me.)
Steam link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1907549421
Direct download: https://www12.zippyshare.com/v/tDYCtGYr/file.html

Please, don't ask for bugfixes here.
Ask for them on official bug report thread.
PDX may see, and I will surely.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
I didn't know the holy order thing was a known bug. I just encountered it a few days ago so I thought it was a fluke.

This sounds like a new feature, not a bugfix.
It's a bugfix. They could gain it through an event but when you reploaded, they lost it, because the traits' potential block didn't allow Hermetics. Just the changlog wasn't too specific.

One thing to fix as well is the long standing oversight of the elephant special unit being defined as "heavy_cavalry" instead of "knights". You can change this in 00_special_troops.txt in the special_troops folder in common.

@LaTueur Hey do you mind if I upload a mod that combines this with a bunch of other mods?

One thing to fix as well is the long standing oversight of the elephant special unit being defined as "heavy_cavalry" instead of "knights". You can change this in 00_special_troops.txt in the special_troops folder in common.
This is a good point, but note that doing so will cause War Elephants to trigger Heavy Cavalry tactics (like how Horse Archers trigger Light Cavalry tactics) unless you also change all "naked" troop checks in combat tactics triggers to bracketed checks against total troops:

i.e. a "naked" check of the form:
Code:
light_cavalry = 0.01

becomes a bracketed check of the form:
Code:
troops = {
    who = light_cavalry
    value = 0.01
}

unless you also change all "naked" troop checks in combat tactics triggers to bracketed checks against total troops
I noticed that too and applied a personal fix as well. It would be a good thing to fix for this community patch as well.

Will a future bugfix make it so the Great Pox only goes after Sunset Invasion? Having it fire before that is something missed by the devs and never fixed as there is one post-SI trigger but also an older one that never got removed.

Will a future bugfix make it so the Great Pox only goes after Sunset Invasion? Having it fire before that is something missed by the devs and never fixed as there is one post-SI trigger but also an older one that never got removed.
There's some evidence that Syphilis didn't actually originate in Americas. The remains of the people of Pompeii, for instance, show syphilitic symptoms.

I believe there are two seperate diseases in game: Great Pox (representing the so called French or Neapolitan disease) and the Aztec Disease (representing syphilis brought from America). As there is no definitive evidence as to where the disease originated and that separating it into two different ones is clearly an intended decision on the devs part rather than an oversight, I'd argue that it does not constitute a bug.

There's some evidence that Syphilis didn't actually originate in Americas. The remains of the people of Pompeii, for instance, show syphilitic symptoms.
The question is: where is the recorded evidence of it in textual accounts? There are a large number of diseases described in medical texts, yet syphilis (or a disease with its effects) doesn't substantially show up until the 15th century, and late 15th century at that. If a disease like the Great Pox ran as rampant among the nobility as it does in CKII we would have textual evidence of it across all of Europe. There are plenty of other diseases, epidemics and pandemics to go around that are historical that aren't in CKII but are recorded (mostly around war devastated regions suffering from malnutrition and the effects of decomposition of bodies). The fact that it may have existed in Pompeii or with some evidence in the mummified remains of Ancient Egypt doesn't mean it was a widespread disease: its effects are bad enough so that when it does show up it does get recorded in detail. Minor disorders via population, like diabetes are well recorded even though its effects are relatively minor and effect only a small percentage of the population. A disease like leprosy, known in the ancient world, is utterly horrific yet hits only a tiny percentage of the population.

This may not be an actual game bug, as such, yet when playing I'm struck that so much of the nobility at the highest levels get hit by the Great Pox that it brings into question where it was in our records. If its a feature, then I wish it had an 'off' switch.