• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
bur2.jpg

bur3.jpg

Continuing the Burgundy game from earlier, I manage to force a PU against Austria exactly after it won the restoration of union war against Hungary. This gives me two more PUs for the price of one. It feels like having an HRE vassal swarm. Also Denmark PU'd Bohemia somehow, so Brunswick is the emperor. Crazy.

View attachment 522491

Oirat into Yuan, one-tag. The end was hell because I don't have the map DLC, so I had to take exploration and it was still a bit gross.

edit on very hard
Hell of a game. Did you accidentally lose your capital or did you go straight for Muscovy after forming Yuan?

Tall Kurdistan (Erdoğan's nightmare). Goals: 1: Create a gloriously lush green haven of civilization amongst the sea of red trash in the development map-mode screen. 2: Replace Turkish culture with Kurdish. 3: Thicc Armenia. 4. Get rich

Each province is 50-56dev :) Nearly 2k force limit.
dev economy.PNG

diplomacy.PNG

@Taylor_ how in gods name did you manage that? Kurdistan starts with only one province as a vassal of a country that is eaten before 1480 in almost every game.
Did you start as Qara and ate the kurdish provinces to release yourself?

After a great misfortune last week, accidently overwriting the Spain save you can see a few posts above with a bad Ayutthaya run, I decided to completely clear out my EU4 saves and start anew with a Jaunpur->Delhi->Bharat run:

eu4_466.png

Transoxiana, Mewat and Ratanpur are my vassals, I could've eaten Vijayanagar easily with another trucebreak but I don't think 38 dev are worth the -3 stab, especially since I need to be at +2 stab to unlock the central branch in my mission tree.

Converted to Hindu shortly after getting everything in place to form Bharat, as Hindustani ideas are bad and the Vaishas are a broken estate. Though Hindustans color is nicer ...

Ironmanrun with Hormus/z. Originally wanted to go for the "form arabia" achievment, then I realised very quickly that you have to be one of the 3 tribes in the middle of the island for that. Realised very late in the game that there is also "arabian Coffee" but since the Ottofriends were very nice to me and my allies since late 15th centurie, I didn't bother to go for that one.
Final Hormus.png
Was boxed In by the Mamlucks and Fars (who also allied the Ottofriend) for a long time, so my expansion was very limited. That was when I decided to play a little taler, for my standards that is. I have a couple of 30-40 dev provinces and managed to become the worlds best nation in income and trade. Sadly Deccan decided to become defender of Shia too, so every time I would try to expand there, they joined with 360k troops, so I stopped a bit earlier than 1821, because it really became tiring. Couldn't even be bothered to clean my marches borders up.
Final Hormus Diplo.png
Finally my (admittedly very short) achievment list. At least I got the Hormus-specific one done.
Final Hormus Achievments.png

Ah yes, on another note, Portugal got Castille in a PU and annexed them around 1750. They have 4500 dev through their now combined colonies :S

In my most recent game, I played as Korea and was going for the achievement Chosen One. I spent the first half a century of my game building of my development and neglecting my military to a fault. I had military tech 4 all the way until tech level 10 was available due to the sheer amount of development I was pouring into my country. I did win a couple of wars with a lot of carefully planned battles and trapping the army at my fort. It was also pretty lucky.

20191109041912_1.jpg

I spent a lot of my time trying to make my borders look as tidy as possible with the only exception being that one uncolonized province north of Japan. I never got any colonists and I didn't really want to ditch anything at the end to colonize it. I really chalk it up to being lazy.

20191109041923_1.jpg

As you would expect, I am a great power (#1) and have plenty of tributaries around me for really no reason other than I can. I only got my mandate up to 2 reforms.

20191109042022_1.jpg

Korea also benefits from Hanseong, my original capital, is the most developed province in the entire world. This is followed only by my capital which I believe was Nanyang (I honestly don't remember).

20191109042037_1.jpg

No run as a Confucian nation would be complete without harmony and I harmonized with every religion but Christianity, Judaism, and Zoroastrian.

20191109042050_1.jpg

I managed to secure my nation at an easy number 1 great power, but I don't think that is really to anybodies surprise. Honestly I am most proud of the borders, despite my neighbors border-gore, mine feels tidy.

20191109042106_1.jpg

Lastly, I don't own all the provinces required for the achievement Chosen One in this screenshot because one exists in the Golden Horde and one in Tondo. I captured both provinces through some stab hit imperialism wars and then made them a tributary again and gave them back the province when I had received credit for the achievement.

Aside from that, it was a fun run and was definitely interesting to finish all the missions of Korea. Focusing on development was a bit of fun because when I finally focused on my military tech and built up, I had a hug economic base and trade base to draw from that allowed me to easily conquer Japan and the Manchu tribes (which were only one province I had away from forming Manchu as Haixi). After that, it was hard fighting to begin with Ming but once I got a few wars under my belt everything began to go my way and I expanded very quickly.

I hope you guys like the screenshots and explanations :) I had a ton of fun with this run.

Mzab > Andalus on VH. Got Unlikely Candidate and Third Way too. But I am pretty unsatisfied with this run. I wanted to make a one faith. But only having religious to snatch extra one missionary and missionary strength was getting on my nerves due to constant rebellions on recently conquered provinces. So I caved in and took humanist. My plan changed to getting Third Way first, finishing WC, firing bunch of Ibadi Zealots and flipping to Sikh while converting islands and colonies with missionaries. I also failed at that due to my pace of conquest. I should use more client states and vassals. But I always become skittish to use them in last 100 years. I also wasted that absurd -25% warscore cost mission to kill Otto and GB at age of reformation. It was like absolutism before age of absolutism but I can see some other points in this campaign that modifier would be much more beneficial.

I will probably do some non horde WCs with major or strong minor and aim for pre 1750.

eu4_79.png
eu4_80.png

My The first Toungoo Empire, achievement ranked VH on wiki, but I suppose should be lower.

This was my 2nd attempt. First was lost by not being able to annex on time a vassal. AE penalty and forced vassalisation penalty make it hard to reach +190 relation.

And later I realised that the same dynasty gives +15 relation. So the second attempt I placed relative on Pegu's throne, so I was able to annex on time.
Conguests started late, I took Prone ca. 1470, 1474 I added 4 Avan provinces. Later it steamrolled.

My preferable ally LanXiang did very weak, Bengal completely collapsed early to orissa, koch, tripura, arakan. Luckily I managed to befriend everyone's favourite "I will marry and ally everyone" nation and Jaunpur really helped a lot in the most important war against Arakan+Orissa+Ayuttayah+LanNa.

Conquest finished 1492, from 1489-1497 annexing Pegu.

What next? Taungu ideas scream for WC, but I am not sure if I want another one :p But the color and missions are so nice....
Oh..
Ming lost first war against Oirat with the event, but did not collapse :( and later did reconquest. So ming after Manchu can still do well

taungu.png

My The first Toungoo Empire, achievement ranked VH on wiki, but I suppose should be lower.

This was my 2nd attempt. First was lost by not being able to annex on time a vassal. AE penalty and forced vassalisation penalty make it hard to reach +190 relation.

And later I realised that the same dynasty gives +15 relation. So the second attempt I placed relative on Pegu's throne, so I was able to annex on time.
Conguests started late, I took Prone ca. 1470, 1474 I added 4 Avan provinces. Later it steamrolled.

My preferable ally LanXiang did very weak, Bengal completely collapsed early to orissa, koch, tripura, arakan. Luckily I managed to befriend everyone's favourite "I will marry and ally everyone" nation and Jaunpur really helped a lot in the most important war against Arakan+Orissa+Ayuttayah+LanNa.

Conquest finished 1492, from 1489-1497 annexing Pegu.

What next? Taungu ideas scream for WC, but I am not sure if I want another one :p But the color and missions are so nice....
Oh..
Ming lost first war against Oirat with the event, but did not collapse :( and later did reconquest. So ming after Manchu can still do well

View attachment 525299
It was pretty much the hardest achievement in the game before Dharma since it included Tibet and a bunch of provinces from Ming:
eu4_110.png

Well, unfortunately, the Ming empire missions were not added, although this is the key hegemon of the region (it looks strange against the background of the Korean missions) ... but there are Mongol missions =)))

2c_NZuv6Pv4.jpg

bfUvqyl3r5Q.jpg

M9LbKQRmlDo.jpg

(During the creation of the third screenshot, I already included the Russian language in the game, because English is not my native language and it is difficult for me to navigate it, sorry)

Corporation HRE, Why not?)) [this is trade republic]

grOUP6C1kE0.jpg

814SrZSUcNQ.jpg

fyn4gE2ivYw.jpg

ttPR1mMmvBg.jpg

(For Britain, he became emperor of the Holy Roman Empire, carried out all reforms except the last, canceling the elections and became a trading republic through the English Revolution, which forcibly changes the form of government. The emperor’s title remains, and the princes of the empire transfer trade influence =) )

Last edited:
1694 Korea.jpg

My Korea run for the Turtle and Choseon achievements. As you can see I don't care much about border gore and I have only taken the needed provinces in Asia (oriental religion, or needed to access those). A big thanks to Transoxiana, that conquered a lot of province in Tibet and converted them to Sunni. There was one Buddhist province remaining in Timurid land, so I had to force a path through Transoxiana, but without it we would never have fought (they were happy to be my tributary). Ming never exploded but shrinked at each of our war. At some time in the early 17th century, it had a big Animist revolt that converted most of Central China, so a big part of China is still free, most of hit still in Ming hands. Same thing in SE Asia, Hindu and Muslim provinces were left in Malacca hands.

1694 Koreb.jpg

A quick view of my colonies. I could have 3 TC in Africa and quickly conquered enough provinces to have them. In America, I had two big CNs: Mexico, that sent me all its gold and was in a debt spiral until late 1660s where I paid its debt of 17k ducats.... Until this date it never had more than 2-3k soldiers at best. And Peru, that can't send its gold to Korea and so was rich enough to have a sizeable army and was used to blast other CNs, only trigerring one global war and taking most of Columbia and La Plata. Also had Vinland and French Mexico as CNs after eliminating their mother countries. In Europe a big Bremen, Sweden and Denmark were my tributaires, while a released France was my march, I don't bother to retake all their land but just to have a good military base to fight against Spain, Portugal and Great Britain. I did a mistake by taking the Mandate from Ming before controlling the full coast (or at least the Confucianist provinces on the coast) and Ming sold one province through charter to Spain and another to GB, so I have to fight two global wars just for one province. GB was allied to the Ottos, by the way, only time I fought them in the game.

Last edited:
The Re-Reconquista!
Ottomans are allies (but they didn't help me one bit because of all their debt) and Sicily is a march.

Had to do a ton of restarts to overcome Castille and Portugal early on. Eventually was able to take them on when Castille was at war with Aragon within the first 4 years. Peaced out Portugal quickly, than kicked Castille's ass with the help of Morroco. After that, I slowly pushed both in Iberia and in Africa. I found the initial start extremely challenging, once you have control of +-1/3 of Iberia, it starts to get considerably easier.
eu4_6.png

• 1Like
Reactions: