• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
With version 1.7.1, I’ve just had two instances where my fully ECM’ed Lance faced an enemy which failed to reserve Phase. I am going to pursue this behavior a time or three more before I submit a bug report.

To help me confirm or deny this potential issue, has anyone else noticed the AI reserving or not reserving when they have faced a fully stealthed Player Lance?

With version 1.7.1, I’ve just had two instances where my fully ECM’ed Lance faced an enemy which failed to reserve Phase. I am going to pursue this behavior a time or three more before I submit a bug report.

To help me confirm or deny this potential issue, has anyone else noticed the AI reserving or not reserving when they have faced a fully stealthed Player Lance?

Not much experience with the new system yet - Just started a new career. First time I used the Raven (during flashpoint) enemy mechs and vehicles just kept charging in. Never really got a chance to try reserving.

Not much experience with the new system yet - Just started a new career. First time I used the Raven (during flashpoint) enemy mechs and vehicles just kept charging in. Never really got a chance to try reserving.
I too am only now getting a better hang of countering AI and PvP ECM. : )

It is rare that the AI, itself reserves. Rather than take its turns when they come due, when my Lance is fully under an ECM cloak, the AI has reserved down to the Phase 1 in an attempt to better counter the player’s ECM.

But now, post-1.7.1, the AI appears to be reacting differently, less competently. I am still in the process of repeating this situation, often enough to determine if there may have been factors I missed the first few times around. :bow:

I've done a handful of missions since the hot-fix, all but one using my CyclopZ with ECM (2xML + 1xLRM20 + 1xLRM5 + 3t of Ammo), and indeed the OpFor keeps moving in the direction of the ECM'ed lance, guarding or sensor-locking if possible (and then attacking) or having one sprinting into the circle.
However, there were some very few times (like, 3 or 4, I think) that they reserved too, but I couldn't figure out why. :confused:

I’ve played three missions since updating to 1.7.1 all using ECM, and the AI behavior didn’t seem different to 1.7.0. They reserved if I did (unless I had a mech outside ECM coverage) and sent units sprinting in to break coverage.

Is this hotfix really a 5 GB download or just me?

Living in an undeveloped part of the world (Germany) where a 5GB takes half a day, that seems kinda wasteful when only code has changed and no assets.

Is this hotfix really a 5 GB download or just me?

Living in an undeveloped part of the world (Germany) where a 5GB takes half a day, that seems kinda wasteful when only code has changed and no assets.
I believe they switched to a newer version of the unity engine as well...

how does this patch affect modtek etc ?
Check the BATTLETECH mod forums. As you know, modding is not officially supported so if a patch breaks any mods, our wonderful community of modders is your best bet to get things up and running again. AFAIK, they're always pretty quick about it, too.

Plus whilst modding is not "officially supported", HBS seem to be very pro-modding and accessible. :)
They are. They can't officially support modding, but they deliberately made the game easy to mod to compensate.

The devs are also happy to help out with mod-related issues, time permitting.

The opfor just keeps reserving down with you as far as it can, but the scripting was clearly altered for the Raven.

As best as I understand it to date, the AI scripting prioritizes heaviest, nearest, highest damage player mechs, but now that script has clearly placed EW units very high on the list.

Of course, it makes total sense, as sometimes using the Raven with a tight lance seems abusive (not complaining, due to the opfor tendency to outnumber us).

The Raven is easily worth at least twice its weight because of its tactical value, and it attracts enemy vultures.

I always drop it with a big brother to keep it safe; I've watched critically damaged mechs suicide charge at it...sadly for them they run right past my King Crab, and give it their back armor.

I have noticed that I have faced ecm without having first doing the flashpoint for it... in campaign mode