• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
UPDATE 1.9:

- Compatch for Frosty2
- Added the Visigothic culture to the Iberian tier in case someone uses it with other mods

I tried your mod, but it doesn't work.

It shows up in the launcher, I selected it, selected the 867 start, but the culture setup is still base HIP. What am I doing wrong?

I tried your mod, but it doesn't work.

It shows up in the launcher, I selected it, selected the 867 start, but the culture setup is still base HIP. What am I doing wrong?
are you aware that only 867 is changed? Which other mods and HIP modules are you using?

I'm using default HIP (I pressed enter for everything).
Then i have no idea what is causing this...
Start the game (not launcher) and go into content settings and look at the mods there and if anything looks suspicious.
Are you using the steam or forum version? Can anyone else confirm that my newest update works? It works for me...

can you try to use the forum version? if it works i know something is wrong with steam
Wait-- My mistake, it was the forum version. I mistook your meaning.

Edit: Okay. For clarification, the Steam version works (I haven't actually tried to start a game, however). I am trying to integrate the Dalmatia and Sardinia parts of the mod into the Steam version.

Last edited:
Wait-- My mistake, it was the forum version. I mistook your meaning.

Edit: Okay. For clarification, the Steam version works (I haven't actually tried to start a game, however). I am trying to integrate the Dalmatia and Sardinia parts of the mod into the Steam version.
this is probably why it didnt work. you only merge the history folders right?

well then you should be doing it correctly hmm. send me your mod via pm

I can't. I was talking about my first attempt with the forum version, which I've already deleted.

Essentially what happened was that when I downloaded your mod from the forum I tried to merge the Dalmatia part to the main mod by copying over the character and province folders. All this did was create additional folders called characters (copy) and provinces (copy). Knowing this wouldn't work I deleted the copied folders and then tried to run the mod. It didn't work.

So, at your suggestion I tried the Steam version. It worked. So I copied the history files directly to the correct folders. It worked.

I've got your mod working.

Wouldn't it make sense for Tunis or an adjacent costal province to be roman aswell? After all the Vandals adopted roman culture including the language that was there and the Umayyads never really forced the local population to adopt their ways (IIRC). But the culture itself just slowly faded away through the span of centuries.

Wouldn't it make sense for Tunis or an adjacent costal province to be roman aswell? After all the Vandals adopted roman culture including the language that was there and the Umayyads never really forced the local population to adopt their ways (IIRC). But the culture itself just slowly faded away through the span of centuries.
given the fact that it is extremly far fetched that rome, sardinia or dalmatia were majorly "roman" in 867, i think that africa is a whole new level of bullshit.