[Dev Team] 2.5.0 (Shelley) Patch Released [checksum 9939]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Everything works fine for me! Thanks for your hard and solid work. Really enjoy Lithoids and it was already fun playing it in Berlin.

images

Hey all, just a heads up, there was a cross-department miscommunication on what was done to the mod order. I in fact had it completely backward. Have updated the notes.

Thanks, hopefully other UI improvements (scroll bar, more compact mod list, easier way to set the order than drag'n'drop) to the launcher are also on the pipeline. Even bunch of simple buttons ("send to the first position, send to last position, move up, move down etc") would make adjusting the mod order quicker and easier. That would especially help people who have hard time using long drag'n'drop for whatever reason (disability etc).

Not sure if this was posted before, but I found a minor bug/mistake:

The text describing the lithoid species traits are highlighted in white, not gray like the rest of the trait descriptions in the game.

Fired it up over lunch, started a lithoid swarm, and my population is demanding food products (Spawning Drone & Synapse Drones).
Are they? My Terravore had Spawners and Synapses properly use minerals instead of food.

* The Shared Burdens civic will no longer appear by itself in the civics list when you select Gestalt Consciousness ethics but have not yet selected Machine Intelligence or Hive Minded authority
Hey I reported that one! Happy to see it fixed :p

Do you have more information on the issue?

Basicaly since the new launcher, my game won't run in full screen mode - the game start in the background, you hear music, but the screen do not load (you see your desktop).
The only remedy to this is to launch the game in borderless mode, but this is not a fix to the problem.

Are they? My Terravore had Spawners and Synapses properly use minerals instead of food.

Do you Terravore started with the Machine Inteligence Maintenence Depot?

My game started with Machine some machine buildings and some machine Traditions :(

Can you confirm if it's one of my mods that is breaking it?

EDIT: Forget about it, I checked it and indeed have the Spawning pools and Warrens

Last edited:
All my custom empires are gone after this patch... Paradox pls can I recover them somehow? I know its hard to find every bug but please consider making custom empires saved on the Steam cloud.

Attachments

• 20191024192045_1.jpg
    20191024192045_1.jpg
    375,3 KB · Views: 61
Hey all, we've been informed of a case that can cause no new society techs to spawn for terravore Lithoids. Here's a quick workaround until we can hotfix this (won't take long):

Before you run out of tier 1 society techs, build a single farm district or get a colony with a blocker that requires society tech to unlock (sinkhole, toxic kelp, massive glacier, noxious swamp, quicksand basin, or dense jungle). That will unblock you.

We'll get a permanent fix in for this as fast as we can.

Hey all, we've been informed of a case that can cause no new society techs to spawn for terravore Lithoids. Here's a quick workaround until we can hotfix this (won't take long):

Before you run out of tier 1 society techs, build a single farm district or get a colony with a blocker that requires society tech to unlock (sinkhole, toxic kelp, massive glacier, noxious swamp, quicksand basin, or dense jungle). That will unblock you.

We'll get a permanent fix in for this as fast as we can.
I got a report in a Discord server that the Lithoid devouring swarm desc isn't checked properly, it looks for the player instead of the empire.
So if you play as a Lithoid and encounter a good ol' regular non-Lithoid Devouring Swarm, their Civic will be named Terrovore and will say they can consume worlds (while they cannot, since they aren't Lithoids)

So if you play as a Lithoid and encounter a good ol' regular non-Lithoid Devouring Swarm, their Civic will be named Terrovore and will say they can consume worlds (while they cannot, since they aren't Lithoids)
So you're telling me that noone in QA did a quick test run as a Lithoid Devouring Swarm with a non-Lithoid Devouring Swarm present to check whether there would be side-effects :p

I know, I know, dead horse and all that, couldn't resist...

So you're telling me that noone in QA did a quick test run as a Lithoid Devouring Swarm with a non-Lithoid Devouring Swarm present to check whether there would be side-effects :p

At least this time it doesn't completely break the game, like having AI not declaring wars, so they're getting better :p

So huhhh is the launcher workable now?

They likely did and reported to the devs but due to reasons it wasn't fixed in time.

this is not on the front page, I almost missed it!

edit

thank you to whomever fixed this.

Last edited:
Default mod load order is still random rather than the pre-2.4 order, and there's still no scroll bar.

So, honestly here: I know every modern game has tons of telemetry in it. Just what percentage of users is actually being affected by this?