• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I made it a point of asking Mitch when quads would be in the game. At which he literally ran off, complaining about getting ambushed. :D
That is pure BATTLETECH QUAD gold right there. : )
Thank you for the #QUAD2020 update! :bow:

I made it a point of asking Mitch when quads would be in the game. At which he literally ran off, complaining about getting ambushed. :D

See, I'd have started with "now I'm not gonna ask about quads but I'd like to ask if you can get George, Tex, or Shimkus in..."

Oh? What award is this? :)
PH got a bit of a shout-out on PDXCON and on Twitter:

PH_Award.jpg

Better than being mistaken as a mod during a stream :) Congrats Prussian, your valuable work continues...

(... spreading Taurian propaganda.)

Thanks guys. Indeed, @Nichino and @stjobe have the right of it. Other Paradox games saw Awards go to those from their Modding Community during the Saturday Evening Awards Presentation. For BATTLETECH they looked to the forum and the BATTLETECH Community. With BATTLETECH soon to officially support its Modding Community, we just may see one of our very own outstanding Modders in line for some recognition next year. : )

If i remember my lore / books correctly - that is Hanse Davion trashing some ComGuards disguised as Death Commandos. And is preferred regiment is the 1st Davion Guards, not the Assault Guards.

So, through an error on my part, the 2019 PDXCON - Outstanding MechWarrior Award certificate and bit-o-swag was never mailed to me in 2919. Then this effort was lost among the chaos of the pandemic. And only now, I’ve been able to make good on my end of the address requirement and the exceptionally patient folks at Paradox, with the assistance of our very own Robin and Mitch at Team HBS!!!, have near immediately shipped off the certificate via Expedited UPS.

Below we see tracking data as it wings its way through the EU and soon, across the pond.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I don’t think PDXCON Community Awards were handled in 2021, the same way they were in 2019.

It is my fervent hope that 2022, sees Paradox return to the original Community Awards format and selects from among our BATTLETECH Community, another of our number to recognize with some such similar award.

In part because I very, very much want to see Paradox and Team Harebrained continue to engage across all the various venues and medium they currently do, with our BATTLETECH community, I offer up this post and succeeding posts tracking and unbox… err… unenveloping this certificate!

Here’s to 2022 and our community’s large measure of participation (buying new PDX games, eagerly awaiting one or both of Team HBS’ new games) and small measure of recognition at next-year‘s PDXCON!

Have a good day, and ever better tomorrows!

Steve

7456646A-6724-4E26-A7CC-394A38C701B7.png

Reactions:
As it now appears, there is a shipping crisis of some significance involvong German International Freight Flights. Even though the address snafu was on my end, Paradox was gracious enough to use UPS Expedited shipping from Stockholm Sweden to Pennsylvania, US. The certificate and bit-o-swag were originally scheduled to arrive today, Monday by 9pm.

in other words… unexpected interference by COMSTAR and/or WoB’s Manei Domini (https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Manei_Domini) has seen Paradox Forces seize the UPS Shipping Bin and begin a running battle front the Air Port-of-Emtry of Glostrup Denmark through various Paradox safe houses to the Starport of Koeln, Germany.

With the bin and its contents now in heavily guarded seclusion, Paradox is awaiting a break in current weather and a lull in Manei Domini patrols before trying again to ship it off-continent and across the pond…

More to follow…
2DBC3048-9D3C-446D-8730-7624D4CF2698.png

Last edited:
Despite the very best efforts of COMSTAR, in its various incarnations, Teams Harebrained Schemes and Paradox have though multifaceted means, effected the release of enough airfreight shipping containers from Koelm, Germany for the package-in-question to once again begin winging its way across the pond.

In trademark COMSTAR fashion, overkill and over-saturation of combat effect has been acheive. Targeting just the UPS faculty at Koelm Germany, COMSTAR managed to ruin Christmas for Billions of those caught on Terra: https://www.wsj.com/articles/german...m4aa4fpbmmq8gpw&reflink=article_copyURL_share

Landing in Louisville, KY (site of Fort Knox, Home of US Armor and Cavalry Branches of its Military) friendly protection teams have rendezvoused with UPS representatives and overland transport of the package is once again expected to be underway as daylight begins to break on the US East Coast.

8A99A3AF-4058-4B74-82FC-B4B48CCCE49A.png

Friendly elements appear to be outpacing remaining COMSTAR forces as Paradox’s shipment nears its final destination…

Last Updated: 09/29/2021 7:47 A.M. EST
Shipment Details Shipment Progress
09/29/2021
6:39 A.M.
On the Way
Arrived at Facility
Middletown, PA, United States
09/29/2021
5:27 A.M.
A late flight has caused a delay. We will update the delivery date as soon as possible.
09/29/2021
5:00 A.M.
Departed from Facility
Louisville, KY, United States
09/29/2021
1:50 A.M.
Import Scan
09/28/2021
10:11 P.M.
Arrived at Facility
09/28/2021
9:01 P.M.
Departed from Facility
Koeln, Germany
09/27/2021
9:57 P.M.
We were unable to load the package on the plane as scheduled. / Delivery will be rescheduled.
Koeln, Germany
09/27/2021
9:52 P.M.
We were unable to load the package on the plane as scheduled.
Koeln, Germany
09/24/2021
4:58 A.M.
The package will be forwarded to a UPS facility in the destination city.
Koeln, Germany
09/22/2021
11:08 P.M.
Arrived at Facility
Koeln, Germany
09/22/2021
7:09 P.M.
Departed from Facility
Langenhagen, Germany
09/22/2021
7:00 P.M.
Arrived at Facility
Langenhagen, Germany
09/22/2021
9:45 A.M.
Departed from Facility
Glostrup, Denmark
09/22/2021
5:10 A.M.
Arrived at Facility
Glostrup, Denmark
09/21/2021
9:18 P.M.
Departed from Facility
Jarfalla, Sweden
09/21/2021
7:15 P.M.
Export Scan
Jarfalla, Sweden
09/21/2021
7:15 P.M.
Origin Scan
Jarfalla, Sweden
09/21/2021
11:28 A.M.
Shipped
Pickup Scan
Jarfalla, Sweden
09/20/2021
4:40 P.M.
Label Created
Shipper created a label, UPS has not received the package yet.
Sweden