Changes to Playing Previous Versions of PDS Titles

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My accounts are linked; however, it is not recognizing I own Imperator; therefore, I cannot get the beta access key in the "access previous version" tab.

While i don't have Imperator, i'm pretty sure you shouldn't need a beta access key for the game, as these are only for older games and their older patches.

@HottestRod

Is it possible to add 2.8.3.2? The latest 2.0x is 2.8.2.1.

I followed the steps to revert back to eu4 1.28.3, then put a backup copy of the mod I had been playing under 1.28.3 into the mod folder and attempted to start; the game crashes at the "creating borders" screen. Nothing in the mod was changed from what was working fine in it before. I saw one person had recommended deleting the settings.txt file before reverting so that the game would recreate it; tried that get the same result. Is there anyway to do a clean install of the 1.28.3 version to eliminate any chance that there was some residual changes from 1.29?

I followed the steps to revert back to eu4 1.28.3, then put a backup copy of the mod I had been playing under 1.28.3 into the mod folder and attempted to start; the game crashes at the "creating borders" screen. Nothing in the mod was changed from what was working fine in it before. I saw one person had recommended deleting the settings.txt file before reverting so that the game would recreate it; tried that get the same result. Is there anyway to do a clean install of the 1.28.3 version to eliminate any chance that there was some residual changes from 1.29?
This is not the thread for game support; please post in the tech support forum of the relevant game. Thanks!

Please, add key for the old version of game launcher. Especially for Stellaris.
The old launcher was built into Stellaris.exe , it is not possible to have it separately in the updated game.

Right what is the situation. I currently own a LOT of paradox games mostly via steam but also bought vanilla over the years. I have had a paradox account for a long time. However if I go into the account, under games it shows only 2 games and a dlc (Stellaris: Standard Edition , Tyranny - Commander Edition games and a Crusader Kings II: South Indian Portraits dlc for ck2. Now under the access earlier versions I have Crusader Kings 2, Europa Universalis IV, Hearts of Iron IV and Stellaris, all of which I own along with all the Age of wonders games, steel division, Majesty 1 and 2, ck1, HOI 3, all the shadowruns, POE, Warlock 1 and 2 , Sword of the stars (all) , King Arthur 1+2, Sengoku, Magica, Victoria 1+2, Crusaders TKC, but none of these show up at all so what gives? (my account is correctly linked to both steam and xbox also.)

Right what is the situation. I currently own a LOT of paradox games mostly via steam but also bought vanilla over the years. I have had a paradox account for a long time. However if I go into the account, under games it shows only 2 games and a dlc (Stellaris: Standard Edition , Tyranny - Commander Edition games and a Crusader Kings II: South Indian Portraits dlc for ck2. Now under the access earlier versions I have Crusader Kings 2, Europa Universalis IV, Hearts of Iron IV and Stellaris, all of which I own along with all the Age of wonders games, steel division, Majesty 1 and 2, ck1, HOI 3, all the shadowruns, POE, Warlock 1 and 2 , Sword of the stars (all) , King Arthur 1+2, Sengoku, Magica, Victoria 1+2, Crusaders TKC, but none of these show up at all so what gives? (my account is correctly linked to both steam and xbox also.)
You can ignore what you see in the My Games page, it's pretty broken at present but does not affect anything else.

All that matters is what games are your Steam Library (to play) and in your forum Owned Items list (to get forum access). For that last Go into
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?account/owneditems
and hit Sync Owned Items.

Note that some of the games you mention are too old to get or need forum badges, such as CK1, Vic1. See here for what games get badges:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/paradox-interactive-forums-•-medals-icons.1188414/

PS: this issue has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

For the passwords people have to access older betas for games, are the passwords random? Also, how do I have passwords to access betas to games I don't own?
No, they are not random. As for why you see passwords for games you don't own we simply decided it was easier to show all passwords for everyone with an account instead of basing it on what you own.

I have an issue that, My games lost from forum account and paradox account. On forum i don't see any of my new games ( from 3 years), but on paradox account I don't see some games which I have on forum. I have a games which i don't see on both accounts like cities skyline. What is wrong? Can any admin help me?

Edit. Now when I make this post, On the left side under my nik I see all badges of all of my games - but when I hit Owned itemms on forum i See only few games

Edit 2. After few minutes all games on forum account are linked and are fine (even in owned items), but still Paradox account is broken, I see only 8 owned games/dlcs on this account. So what is wrong?

Last edited:
Hi!
I purchased Cities Skylines : deluxe edition from Steam, could not proceed as the Paradox launcher v2 ended prematurely error.
So looked up threads and arrived here, linked my steam account to Paradox
But the only games that my account shows earlier versions codes to
Battletech, CK2, EUIV, HOIIV, and Stellaris.
This does not solve my purpose, i am not very confident with running patches or codes etc, thats why opt for simpler
stuff like Steam, But neither Steam support nor Paradox forums are helping me for my issue.
Please suggest what i should do.

Hi!
I purchased Cities Skylines : deluxe edition from Steam, could not proceed as the Paradox launcher v2 ended prematurely error.
So looked up threads and arrived here, linked my steam account to Paradox
But the only games that my account shows earlier versions codes to
Battletech, CK2, EUIV, HOIIV, and Stellaris.
This does not solve my purpose, i am not very confident with running patches or codes etc, thats why opt for simpler
stuff like Steam, But neither Steam support nor Paradox forums are helping me for my issue.
Please suggest what i should do.
Your issue has nothing to do with the topic of this thread, which is about accessing old game versions.

Please post in the Support forum for that game and you will be helped.

Reactions:
Previously you were able to revert back to earlier versions of Paradox Development Studios (PDS) games at will on Steam. These specific versions predate the enactment of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) - hence they are not compliant with the new policy.

In order to continue our endeavor to reach full GDPR compliance, we have designed a new system regarding the access to earlier versions of PDS titles: from the 1st of October 2018 onward all previous versions of PDS titles will be locked under a Steam password.

After 1st October, you will need to log into the Paradox Plaza website with your Paradox Account to access the codes for previous branches of each game that you own. This will, however, require you to link your Steam account to your Paradox Account. In an effort to comply with the GDPR, this is something we need to put behind the Paradox logins as it requires agreement to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use to adhere to the GDPR guidelines.

To get the codes for previous versions:
  1. Go to https://accounts.paradoxplaza.com/games and log in (or create) your Paradox Account.
  2. Scroll Down.
  3. Find "Access Earlier Versions"
  4. Click "Show"
  5. See below to revert to older versions under passlock.
How to switch to old branch versions, (illustrated version here both for old and new roll-backs):
  1. Go to your Steam Library and select your game of choice.
  2. Right-click and select Properties.
  3. Under the “BETAS” tab.
  4. Enter the relevant code retrieved from Paradox Plaza and click “CHECK CODE”.
  5. Select the version you wish to play and wait for Steam launcher to finalize the switch.
  6. If the previous step fails, exit the game, right click properties, local files, Verify integrity of game files and wait for all files to be verified.

FAQ

Steam automatically updated my PDS game to the latest version, why?

On 1st of October, to ensure compliance with the GDPR as well as with the new rules regarding the possibility to revert back to a previous patch version, we had to update your game to its latest version.

What if I do not have a Paradox Account?
You need to have a Paradox Account to access previous versions of PDS games. It is currently the only way for us to be GDPR compliant.

My games do not sync properly on Plaza, will I still see the codes?
The fact that not all your games show in your My Games page WILL NOT AFFECT this function. The passwords necessary for access beta versions will be provided in the My Games page AS A SEPARATE LIST, NOT attached to the games there. Plaza only needs to recognize a valid Steam account.

Which versions of PDS titles will NOT be password protected?
EUIV:
1.27 and onward
Hearts of Iron IV: 1.5.4 and onward
Stellaris: 2.1.3 and onward
CK: 2.8.3.4 and onward

My friend gave me a code to access an older version of the game, can I use it?
Yes, but please understand that by using the code you agree with our Privacy Policy and understand what it means. You have to bear in mind that the previous sentence is merely informative in order to be as transparent as possible. We do not advocate password sharing, if you use a shared password, it is at your own risk. The reason we ask you to have a Paradox Account to retrieve the codes is to ensure you agree with our Privacy Policy and get the opportunity to read it and understand which personal data will be collected from you when you play these old versions.

Does it only apply to versions predating the GDPR changes? Those from now on, will be available via Steam normally?
Yes.

I am confused about the GDPR, where can I read more information on the subject?
You can read more information regarding the GDPR on our Privacy Policy page.

EDIT (October 4, 18:00 CEST): Due to a visual bug stemming from the connection between your Paradox and Steam Accounts, we have decided to remove the following steps for the sake of clarity:

2. You will have to link your Steam and Paradox accounts to see your games - where your codes will be listed.
3. To link your Steam and Paradox Accounts: simply go to the Settings tab. Under Steam account click connect (you will then be redirected to Steam to confirm your action).
4. With that done the My Games tab on Paradox Plaza will show the list of codes needed to revert to previous versions.

I followed the steps in the instructions above.

However, when I go to load my saved game using an older, previous version of EU 4, I get an error loading message. It said, "Failed to load saved game. The file is corrupted."

I really do not want to lose many, many hours of invested game play. What can I do, to be able to load my saved game?

Thank you for any help with this.

• 1Like
Reactions: