• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Huh? They seemed to be pretty clearly based on SRMs for range. I think there are canonically inferno rounds for LRMs, but that doesn't look like what they are using here.
Oh. Above you mention that the Infernos are not tied to SRMs...

They modded the Infernos onto an Archer, so I would assume they are a normal weapon system. Doesn't seem like they are tied to SRMs but they are firing 2 missiles at a time.

...if not SRMs, I took that to mean LRM.

Huh? They seemed to be pretty clearly based on SRMs for range. I think there are canonically inferno rounds for LRMs, but that doesn't look like what they are using here.
Canonically, in 3025 Inferno rounds are for SRM-2 launchers only, the explanation being the missiles are too volatile for use in larger launchers.

Ah, I meant they aren't a separate ammo. They look like a completely separate weapon.
AH!

I’ll correct the above post. Thank you Good Sir! :bow:

Ah, I meant they aren't a separate ammo. They look like a completely separate weapon.
It looked like they were separate, yes. It said "Infernos" in the weapon loadout list instead of e.g. "SRM-2".

So if I had to guess, they're a special SRM-2 variant that's available as a separate weapon.

ANH-5L? There's no 5-series Annihilator in lore, so that's an HBS original.

Could be? It was rather hard to see and typed "1S" instead of "15" for the Flea so I may have misread it.

ANH-5L? There's no 5-series Annihilator in lore, so that's an HBS original.
It's the ANH-1A:

BT_HeavyMetal1.jpg

@stjobe
Ah, yeah I saw that earlier. I thought maybe @Kereminde saw something new in the stream. The ARC-2S he mentioned seemed to point in that direction because that's a canon 3025 variant, and HBS has made original variants already, so a new Annihilator didn't seem out of the question.

@stjobe
Ah, yeah I saw that earlier. I thought maybe @Kereminde saw something new in the stream. The ARC-2S he mentioned seemed to point in that direction because that's a canon 3025 variant, and HBS has made original variants already, so a new Annihilator didn't seem out of the question.

Yeah I have a crappy monitor and the stream was kinda blurry at times with "white text on black" for me :) Was paying attention to a lot of other things at the time, and trying to figure out some of the stats elsewhere.

Just under 2-hours until a 90-minute HEAVY METAL playthrough begins on https://twitch.tv/pdxcon

I believe Mitch and Ryan will be the main presenters. : )

Can Mitch refrain from swearing this time? I heard if he slips up anymore they have to add quads.
I know... I was hoping the BULL SHARK would be a Quad, but I hear Mitch had them lop two of the legs off just yeasterday!!!

I know... I was hoping the BULL SHARK would be a Quad, but I hear Mitch had them lop two of the legs off just yeasterday!!!

That fiend! I say we send him nothing but terrible whiskey to protest.

Last edited:
So all of the new mechs will get custom equipment to reflect their lore background and specialization, which is a great addition and something that was sorely missing.
Unfortunately the existing mechs won't get that :(
Maybe not now, but it's possible they might in future updates. I expect the trick is to figure out how to do it without completely wrecking balance, given how many chassis there already are.

Meanwhile, I'm most appreciative about the call to include the Warhammer and Marauder in the free update for all BT players. Since they were promised in the Kickstarter, once the lawsuits cleared I was hoping they'd go this route - expecting it, in fact, based on how HBS gave the Dragonfall expansion to Shadowrun backers in return for fulfilling promises late - but we all know there are plenty of game companies that wouldn't have made even this small gesture.

Sometimes it really is the little things that let you know they care.

In Mitch's headset someone is shouting: "MITCH! FAMILY! FRIENDLY! STREAM!".

The Phoenix Hawk’s special equipment allows it to have improved weapon accuracy after a jump. : )