• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the alt-right cesspools today were saying "Liberte, Egalite, Fraternite" and posting Paradox memes based on it, they probably would remove it.

It's not about what the term meant in history, it's about what it means right now, today.

Paradox plainly (as so many commentators have noted) has no problem depicting historical unpleasantness. This has nothing to do with that, and everything to do with them not wanting to keep harping on an extremely poisonous association that they had foisted on them and their products.

Like I said, if the Klan adopted any corporate slogan, that slogan would change in short order.

People don't want their products and their companies associated with Nazis and reactionaries. If people have a problem with that, talk to the Nazis and reactionaries and get them to stop trying to ruin everything.

What exactly Nazis and reactionaries have to do with each other? Edmund Burke was a reactionary.

If the phrase "God Wills It!" appears in the game, are people still going to be offended and screaming "censorship?"

If not, then what's the problem?

If so, then why is it the specific language and not the concept itself that you're so emotionally invested in?
The problem is that Paradox is willing to take out something that made sense in the time period purely because of how it's perceived by some people because of the media reporting on people who are taking the phrase out of context. It's the kind of a move I'd expect from a corporation like Activision-Blizzard or Ubisoft.

I guess this means Paradox Interactive is in the big leagues now, which really makes me worried. Apparently they become so big that they are out of touch with their playerbase and what their fans want or care for.

Last edited:
That’s just plain false I can instantly think of one, the afghanis in Bactria refused to convert to Islam so of course the Muslims slaughtered the afghanis until they converted. The Muslims repeatedly did this
I assume this repeatedly happened in Mesopotamia and North Africa, the Islamic religion spread through conquest and subjugation that is undeniable

I am not obsesed with a minor detail, saying that those things were phrases was just a minor part of my argument. Most of it was about that HoI never mentioned the holocaust or any genocide and no one fucking cares.

There would be outrage if they were added there for gameplay reasons and it would be removed because Political activists get mad and want to censor game.
If paradox would never pander to alt-left openy stating that they are removing problematic words. no one would care that there are no deus vult quotes in this game.

Its funny how all of you miss the point why people are commenting on this. its not that they didn't add something to game. ITS BECAUSE they are REMOVING things from game to pander to Western Propagandists and Activists who don't even play the games or buy the products that they crusade against to censor! <- see what i did there.

Comic industry in west got killed because companies pandered to alt-left Activists who want everything censored that they don't like. it went so far that not only publishers remove those problematic comics but they are going out of their way to remove any person who tries to to independently make new comics that people want.
Mike S. Miller a talented person who made his own comic book and got massive funding in kickstarter got it all taken away because a villain in his comic book was from MS-13 the most brutal gang on earth right now. AND to leftists this was marginalizing mexican people and how dare the author imply that a evil person can come from non-white origin. THIS is the future gaming holds if companies like Paradox keep pandering to those parasite activists who call themselves journalists.

• 1Like
Reactions:
5 Pages into this thread: "There are no fascists among us :mad::mad:"

12 Pages in: "Anyways here is 20 Reasons why brown people are worse"
So true lol

That’s just plain false I can instantly think of one, the afghanis in Bactria refused to convert to Islam so of course the Muslims slaughtered the afghanis until they converted. The Muslims repeatedly did this

Fun anecdote : the Umayyad dynasty repeatedly refused non Muslim people conversion to islam. It was one of the reason why the Abbassid revolt managed to gather widespread support and successfully overthrow the Umayyads caliphate. The Khurasanians (ie the Afghans) were the main supporters of the Abbassids.

The Umayyad were opposed to mass scaled conversion because non-muslims people were subjected to an increased taxes regime which the state needed (I am intentionally simplifying the matter).

Alright guys, I've been arguing against the removal of Deus Vult in this thread, but... not buying the game because of it? I think that's a little bit excessive. Or are you saying you're playing the game for it's political stance, rather than because, y'know, it's fun?

I will buy the game, and I'm thankful modders will sometime add Deus Vult right and left in the game (I hope said mods will be Ironman-compatible as well).
I'm quite displeased by PDX decision on the term, but the game is larger than that for me.

Honestly Paradox, why ? Why did you do that ?
I don't wanna buy a game who is politized.

Just do a little more research into the Arab Conquests. Seriously, this is embarrassing on your part.

Islam was spread in the early years by the sword, like all religions.

And the fact that the immediate reaction of this by so many is "do something to offend Muslims so we're even" kinda proves the point.

I don't think that's accurate to the majority of us arguing against this. I definitely do not want anything muslim-centric removed either, because I don't want anything removed no matter what side is the one being censored. If this thread was about removing Allahu Ackbar because it offends some Christians, I would have still been disappointed with the decision, just as I am now. Giving in to pressure to self-censor is just a bad thing imo, especially since I doubt many people were even offended by the phrase being used in CK2 (or 1 for that matter).

Status
Not open for further replies.