[Dev Team] 2.4.0 (Lee) Patch Released [checksum 2226]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Do we have Guesstimated Time of Arrival (GTA, less accurate than an ETA) on the origins update?

The one thing that bugs me with the new launcher is that you have to launch the game before you get a popup warning that some or in this case all Mods are outdated.

Don´t this make sense since they have to purge the POP:s on the planet to get their unity bonus. I know it makes fortress worlds sort of OP but against normal planets it makes sense to not kill/destroy everything from orbit even for a genocidal Empire.
It makes sense from a min-max perspective but not from a "We are determined exterminators that want to deliberately kill as many of you as possible as fast as possible" perspective.
1. What does that mean? If I have a rapid breeder Species, does it grow with 60% speed or with 55% speed?
Just tested. A Biotrophy with Slow Breeders (2.7 before Servitor penalty) is 1.35, so I was wrong. It is infact *0.5, not -1.5.

Need help, this update didn't work on my mac. I now get the following error when launching Stellaris (homedir is my username):

An error occurred while updating Stellaris (missing executable):

/users/homedir/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Stellaris/dowser.app

I'm hoping I don't have to uninstall and reinstall the game through Steam due to the load time.

Quick workaround until we can fix the Linux and Mac start options: manually navigate to the game folder and run dowser. It's one of those annoying things you can't pre-test with the dev version before going live. We'll have this sorted out on our end with best possible speed.

Quick workaround until we can fix the Linux and Mac start options: manually navigate to the game folder and run dowser. It's one of those annoying things you can't pre-test with the dev version before going live. We'll have this sorted out on our end with best possible speed.

Still doesn’t launch for me. Was having the same issue with EU4. It’ll try and launch, but then either close or crash out. Something about a closed network connection.

Btw, the order you see is the load order of the mods; you can drag-n-drop the mods
Are you sure? I'm not sure the order is making a difference for me.
Is it the same ordering as the old launcher (e.g. reversed)?

It does not work. The app can be started with only a message shown: cannot communicate with steam.

I'm trying to update a mod on Steam but I'm getting an error message: "There was an error while uploading your mod. Please verify your mod files and credentials."

The Version field is blank, even though it has "supported_version="2.4.0"" in the .mod file.

Got the update but it broke my game, I went from producing about 80 consumable goods and 300 metal production to 900+ metal production and -880 consumable goods, like all my civilian industry's just up and went on strike and stopped producing.

Literally unplayable text bug still exists. @Jamor has failed again. 0/10. Devs hate players, etc.

Are you sure? I'm not sure the order is making a difference for me.
Is it the same ordering as the old launcher (e.g. reversed)?

Quite sure. The order is top-down, with top loaded first. The actual semantics of that is up to the game implementation. In the case of Stellaris, I believe that later loads will overwrite earlier ones but I'm sure Jamor will correct me if I'm wrong.

We are, in fact, working on a search feature at the moment - Btw, the order you see is the load order of the mods; you can drag-n-drop the mods.
Small ux suggestion: put numbers next to the mods to reflect load order more clearly.
Much appreciated!