• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Prussian Havoc

PDXCON 2019 ~ MechWarrior of the Year
58 Badges
May 12, 2017
forum.paradoxplaza.com
  • BATTLETECH - Initiate of the Order
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • BATTLETECH - Beta Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Empire of Sin - Premium Edition
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
With PDXCON just over 2-weeks away, I am excited to see just what HBS and Paradox have in-store for us!

In the past few months I have wondered if...

Maybe we’ll get some additional information on this Winter’s BATTLETECH DLC, HEAVY METAL.
Maybe there’ll even be a HEAVY METAL teaser video released.
Maybe there’ll be hints and glimpses of what is planned for BATTLETECH moving forward from HEAVY METAL.

With the PDXCON agenda now posted we know that there will indeed be a HBS session on HEAVY METAL as well as three other BATTLETECH-related agenda items:

E1156B79-DAAD-43F3-822F-11974E302ABC.jpeg B4FD8D88-FE66-41D2-BC07-DCB9672389CB.jpeg 558F5895-4D6D-4819-882C-F27B5760F675.jpeg 6260AB06-86B3-44A8-9DC6-1D2BF3CA485F.jpeg

Another thing I am very interested in is the new game that PDS will be announcing:

6AA3A18A-729A-466F-B882-0C10B96E9198.jpeg

While there is next to no information about this new game, knowing Paradox and its history of great Strategic Games, I cant wait to hear more. : )

Is anyone here planning to attend PDXCON? If so safe travels and have a truly epic Big and Stompy time. :bow:

And as ever, good luck and good BATTLETECH gaming!

Last edited:
Renegade Legion? Crimson Skies?
OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! OHMYGOSH!!!

...see, the stress is just not healthy for me. I’ll have to leave this Hope, here, in this thread, and walk away for a time. I had not thought it could be another old FASA franchise.

(...OMG!)

On tonight's BATTLETECH Twitch broadcast. Mitch confirmed that HEAVY METAL will be covered in depth during the HBS presentation on Saturday, 19OCT. HEAVY METAL gameplay video will be featured on the 19th. Afterward, on Mitch’s weekly Twitch broadcast, a build of HEAVY METAL will be used in lieu of the current 1.7 build.

An alibi to my above report of Mitch’s Twitch broadcast last night - apparently there will be heavy HBS representation at PDXCON (Mitch, Ryan Burrell (Principal Systems Designer, Heavy Metal) Connor Monahan (Lead Designer), Aljernon Bolden (Lead Engineer), Marco Mazzoni (Art Director), Carlos Giraldo (Gameplay Engineer), Lee Scheinbeim (Lighting & Rendering Artist) and possibly others.

Also Paradox will stream various PDXCON presentations on their Twitch channel. : )

Last edited:
We're not doing those games. Have a glass of Merlot and breathe.
Thank you Good Sir. :bow:

Neither Gentleman Jack nor I know of this Merlot fella you mentioned, but that bit about breathing, yes that reminder helps a lot...

...though visions of a modern day HBS “take” on a turn-based Crimson Skies, sure would be sweet. : )

Neither Gentleman Jack nor I know of this Merlot fella you mentioned, but that bit about breathing, yes that reminder helps a lot...

...though visions of a modern day HBS “take” on a turn-based Crimson Skies, sure would be sweet. : )

:D One for old times sake huh?

PtNkD1Q.jpg

An alibi to my above report of Mitch’s Twitch broadcast last night - apparently there will be heavy HBS representation at PDXCON (Mitch, Ryan Burrell (Principal Systems Designer, Heavy Metal) Connor Monahan (Lead Designer), Aljernon Bolden (Lead Engineer), Marco Mazzoni (Art Director), Carlos Giraldo (Gameplay Engineer), Lee Scheinbeim (Lighting & Rendering Artist) and possibly others.

Also Paradox will stream various PDXCON presentations on their Twitch channel. : )

Actually, nearly all of HBS will be there!

C8408750-BEBC-4069-80E4-0B966F2F739B.jpeg

PDXCON 2019 kicks off a week from today for select ticket-holders and on Saturday 19OCT for us ALL! (via Twitch) : )

Gonna tune in via twitch.
Looking at the time zone converter it's not as bad as I thought. Gonna need coffee though as it's gonna be a long night for me. Lol

Looking forward to watching though and see what's coming up.

I'm excited to see Heavy Metal for the first time, and in action at that. :D

It would be interesting to see other old FASA games, but I would rather just have HBS focus on future content for BATTLETECH.

It would be interesting to see other old FASA games, but I would rather just have HBS focus on future content for BATTLETECH.
Once upon a Harebrained Time, HBS would have 2 or more separate games in their development pipeline...

...I have zero doubt HBS could continue to do justice to BATTLETECH, all the while bringing forth a second game franchise set in the BATTLETECH universe...

...or more to the PDXCON-point, could assist PDS to breath Big and Stompy Life into a BATTLETECH Grand Strategy Game. : )

Last edited:
A week from today will see PDXCON hit high gear.

Leading into the event I’ll hold a FRIDAY NIGHT FIGHTS event beginning (as we have done in the past) on Thursday Night at midnight (EDT) / which also happens to be the time that Friday Night (6pm) begins at the International Date Line in the Pacific and starts to roll across the globe. : )

15ED815B-7CEC-4F40-8942-C0A334EB2B19.jpeg

FRIDAY NIGHT FIGHTS will conclude with the start of the PDXCON livestream on Paradox’ Twitch Channel.

The plan is to then follow along with PDXCON’s presentations and record/discuss the highlights in this thread.

Last edited:
I just checked and I didn’t find anything about a 2019 MECHCON. Can anyone confirm or deny that there is no MECHCON this year? It looks like there will instead be a PGI Launch Party for MW5.

HEAVY METAL, expected this Winter, will be showcased at PDXCON next weekend. MECHCON, previously held in December, would have presented HBS an opportunity to not only showcase HEAVY METAL, but also to speak of HBS plans to move BATTLETECH forward into 2020.

Without a MECHCON this year, when might HBS speak of 2020 plans for BATTLETECH?

With such a high level of HBS presence at PDXCON next weekend, might we see HBS speak of their plan forward from HEAVY METAL?

I hope so. : )

What I would like to see is another Season of DLC, but a Season with a difference. I would like to see a Premium DLC that would have double the content we’ve seen in the past and be centered on the Fourth Succession War. I believe the Base BATTLETECH game is now stable, strong and deep enough to support such an expansive DLC. The cost of such a DLC would need to be commensurate with its content however. It then follows that the cost of such a Season Two would surpass that of Season One. And that would be fine my me.

What do you think?

What would you like to see post this Winter’s HEAVY METAL?

If I have my choice of DLC, I'd really like a revamp of the sim game.
The combat game is getting pretty mature and once Heavy Metal hits then it's not the part of the game that needs further flashing out.
Having a dynamic map and genuine changes as time advances would really up the value of the sim game.

I wouldn’t mind mech pack dlc.
For like $5.00 you’d add a mech and a couple of it’s variants.

I also would love another long story campaign.
Welcome to the forum! : )

In my signature block below you’ll find a number of useful and informative BATTLETECH links and resources.

Enjoy your time here with us, good luck and good BATTLETECH gaming. :bow: