• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Chapter IX - Mass Extinction - Toxic Planet
To: Emperor Zetioz

Topic: Mass Extinction – Toxic Planet

My liege,

The first of the planets marked as especially interesting for the search of a way to avoid a large mass extinction event on Orossi, has given us quite disturbing finds.

It turns out a freak mutation – whether natural or made by sentients beings we do not know – made the native flora go, to put it bluntly, amok and off rails.

The plant life quickly – within months we estimate – choked the life out of all living beings on this planet, leaving a dead planet behind.

Truly horrendous, and as requested all data has been beamed over to Central Command for further studies and cross reference.

Your loyal servant,

Xiraxor

-----------------------------------
Advisor note: Sobering, is the word that comes to mind. Natural or not in this case, sentient beings surely can do this and worse, and we need to be extremely careful in our research and applications of gene modifications in the future. Preferably not dabble with it at all.

S6oZYvT.png

s5cj4sY.png

There is such a thing as too much life.

Topic: Mass Extinction – Toxic Planet

My liege,

The first of the planets marked as especially interesting for the search of a way to avoid a large mass extinction event on Orossi, has given us quite disturbing finds.

It turns out a freak mutation – whether natural or made by sentients beings we do not know – made the native flora go, to put it bluntly, amok and off rails.

The plant life quickly – within months we estimate – choked the life out of all living beings on this planet, leaving a dead planet behind.

Truly horrendous, and as requested all data has been beamed over to Central Command for further studies and cross reference.

Your loyal servant,

Xiraxor

Advisor note: Sobering, is the word that comes to mind. Natural or not in this case, sentient beings surely can do this and worse, and we need to be extremely careful in our research and applications of gene modifications in the future. Preferably not dabble with it at all.

S6oZYvT.png

s5cj4sY.png

I have to agree with the Advisor on this one... especially when the result is literally a pollen allergy sufferer's worst nightmare.

There is such a thing as too much life.
Sounds like you have met a guy named Thanos...;)
I have to agree with the Advisor on this one... especially when the result is literally a pollen allergy sufferer's worst nightmare.
The Advisor is a competent creature, but the question is: Will anyone listen? :D

Chapter X - Bavi Star Dynasty

Topic: Bavi Star Dynasty

My liege,

It finally happened! We met fellow space wanderers, and curious as they are, they seem to desire peace!

The Bavi Star Dynasty, as they call themselves, is a mulloscoid species who are of equal military, economic and technological level of us. They seem to be our equal in every single way in that regard, even to when they entered the hyperlane era. Quite curious.

The Bavi are extremely religious and won’t stop talking about their religion and have already requested permission to send missionaries to Orossi.

The way forward is in your capable hands, your majesty.

Your loyal servant,

Department Head Cuprix

-------------------------------------
Advisor note: Evangelizing zealots, right on our border to the galactic north. Equal in strength in any way, already requesting permission to enter our space and undoubtfully scout us for future forced conversion or worse. Your majesty, we need to build up our defensive forces immediately.

MDjlAXp.png

6aHOGWI.png

hc2DOI1.png

ITSJM9r.png

It's fortunate that your civics seem to line up pretty well, a possible future ally? Will depend on what your other neighbors are like...Cause you just know there are probably more aliens where they came from...

Evangelizing Zealots, huh? It won't be long before they start rolling their big shiny starships up to your starbases, knocking on the airlock, and asking if you've heard the good news.

Greetings, sir. Do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior Squibble? :p

They just want to share their good news :)

Evangelizing Zealots, huh? It won't be long before they start rolling their big shiny starships up to your starbases, knocking on the airlock, and asking if you've heard the good news.
Well, for the moment they're friendly, we are expanding the Imperial Fleet and peacefully expanding our influence in their direction, preferably cutting them off at some nice place. ;)
It's fortunate that your civics seem to line up pretty well, a possible future ally? Will depend on what your other neighbors are like...Cause you just know there are probably more aliens where they came from...
Possibly. My aim for this game is to focus on exploration, so I won't go to war easily. :)
Greetings, sir. Do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior Squibble? :p
Sounds like a Pokemon. :p
They just want to share their good news :)
Why of course, as we all do. :)

Chapter XI - Chilly Planet

Topic: Mass Extinction – Chilly Planet

My liege,

Our search for answers – answers that might save Orossi – is continuing.

Recently, we arrived at the second destination for our search, a chilly, frozen planet that once was teeming with life.

But not more.

It seems some unnatural shift in the planet’s atmosphere, possibly due to a failed terraforming attempt or intra-planetary terrorism even, sent the planet into an eternal ice age.

It is even possible this is due to unchecked emissions from rampant industrialization.

We do not know for sure. The latter seems unlikely, as someone as intelligent as to fully industrialize would probably not be so stupid as to do that.

In any case we learned a lot and know more of how to avoid this ourselves.

Your loyal servant,

Xiraxor

Advisor note: Terraforming has been a dream of so many, for so long. There are planets out there that are liveable, but could be more liveable, for us. But I have said then and I say now: We should be extremely careful with this. We need to know every facet of the technology, so that we don’t repeat what is likely the reason for this planet’s demise.

4EDffGE.png

zylGOzW.png

No one has to fear the cold. One can just buy and extra woollen jumper or two :)

No one has to fear the cold. One can just buy and extra woollen jumper or two :)
Well, apply that to a planetary scale and that is an awesome amount of wool.:D

Chapter XII - Alien Writing

Topic: Alien Writing

My liege,

I must confess to be perplex.

We have studied the alien writing viewable from space that is inscribed into the surface of Owlecryke III.

We figured something this massive, this easily watchable must have a significant meaning for the aliens that carved it. Religiously important, scientific perhaps.

Well, it is scientific – I will confess as much.

But having deciphered the alien writing, we now have the universal and important mathematic valuer of pi with 196 decimals in front of us.

What good would any civilization have of writing this into the surface? I can hardly imagine any spacefaring civilization that does not know the value of pi.

It is puzzling.

Your loyal servant,

Xiraxor

---------------------------------------
Advisor note: Indeed, it is puzzling. Just as it is puzzling why you make such a big point of it Xiraxor. Aliens perhaps made intergalactic art. What is more important is scientific research of value for our species’ survival, expansion and defence. How is the mass extinction research going?

ZCw8K0H.png

etwrpRO.png

I watched a Youtube video a few months back of some folks who had printed out Pi to the millionth digit in a single massive roll of paper, and the proceeded to unroll the million digits of pi along a runway.

I suspect in both cases the answer to the question "Why?" is nothing more complicated than "Because".

I watched a Youtube video a few months back of some folks who had printed out Pi to the millionth digit in a single massive roll of paper, and the proceeded to unroll the million digits of pi along a runway.

I suspect in both cases the answer to the question "Why?" is nothing more complicated than "Because".
Heh, perhaps. :D

Chapter XIII - Mushroom forest

Topic: Mushrooms

My liege,

The Owiecryke system continue to unveil marvels!

On Owiecryke III we have discovered big forests of mushroom, and it turns out they are edible!

Some pepper, some salt, a little citrus…marvelous.

If we were to settle this planet one day, we should be sitting on a food source that is huge in potential!

Perhaps we could even get the mushrooms to grow elsewhere?

Your loyal servant,

Xiraxor

----------------------------------------------
Advisor note: So, I take it you have eaten them, before the planned special project has started? What if it has unforeseen side effects? Xiraxor, are you out of your mind? I’m suggesting a quarantine on both the ship, its crew and any spores of these mushrooms until we know more, your majesty.

zdz8IMo.png

The Advisor being cautious again I see.

I note that if humanity discovered a mushroom forested world the following would probably happen

1 - The French would claim it
2 - French spaceship crews would strike
3 - Someone else (for old times sake say the British, but equally could be the Germans, Yanks, Chinese, etc) gets their first and claims it
4 - The French then claim they aren't true mushrooms and insist they be called something else
5 - The other nation insists on naming everything in a way to annoy the French
6 - Within ten years there are no more mushroom forests because they have all been eaten, fallen to disease, etc.

The Advisor being cautious again I see.

I note that if humanity discovered a mushroom forested world the following would probably happen

1 - The French would claim it
2 - French spaceship crews would strike
3 - Someone else (for old times sake say the British, but equally could be the Germans, Yanks, Chinese, etc) gets their first and claims it
4 - The French then claim they aren't true mushrooms and insist they be called something else
5 - The other nation insists on naming everything in a way to annoy the French
6 - Within ten years there are no more mushroom forests because they have all been eaten, fallen to disease, etc.
Hahaha, glorious.:D

Chapter XIV - Alien art

Topic: Alien art

My liege,

The recently discovered monoliths on Yanduz III is, simply put, beautiful!

My colleagues and I can’t stop looking at them.

To think aliens out there can make this kind of beautiful carvings…

It’s humbling. We can’t wait for meeting these creatues, if they still exist out there!

Your loyal servant,

Department Head Cupix

------------------------------------------
Advisor note: It also seems the decision to make digital reproductions of these art pieces available throughout the Empire has born fruit; a huge amount of our population is getting increasingly xenophile.

rmG6xsw.png

AmFMR3g.png