CK2: Patch 3.2.2 is now available as open beta! (64-bit support) Checksum AZCE

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It works really well on my computer - I feel like it runs more smoothly even. Great job PDX!

It means it can theoretically use more than 4 go of RAM but I don’t imagine CK2 would find a use for that much anyway. I’m not sure what other resources you might be thinking of. 64 bit support isn’t a magic bullet for performance.

I regularly see it go over 3 GB now, and I'm only midgame. I suspect the extra RAM will help some late game. (Otherwise, I absolutely agree with you. It isn't a magic bullet for performance, it mostly means it can work on the newer OS X and doesn't run into memory limits.)

Stupid question, but will this new 64 bit version prevent me from continuing to finish saves from the old version 3.1.0 - (Great Works)?

It will probably take me until next year to finish everything (Rome wasn’t built in a day, literally). Do I need to take Family Leave for the rest of 2019 and play CK2 18 hours a day to finish before the new patch hits?

My PC is 64 bit, so no worries there, just wondering if the rollback versions will continue to be available once the new patch comes out of beta.

This version should really be called 4.0 given how much is changed in it.

Changing from 32 bit to 64 bit should be a major change.

This is a worthy update (unlike the court update you did a few months back) and I look forward to trying this. I do feel sorry for those still playing on 32 bit machines and who can not afford to buy a new one for what ever reason.

Stupid question, but will this new 64 bit version prevent me from continuing to finish saves from the old version 3.1.0 - (Great Works)?

It will probably take me until next year to finish everything (Rome wasn’t built in a day, literally). Do I need to take Family Leave for the rest of 2019 and play CK2 18 hours a day to finish before the new patch hits?

My PC is 64 bit, so no worries there, just wondering if the rollback versions will continue to be available once the new patch comes out of beta.
This patch is functionally identical to the previous one, save for the 64 bits. Nothing should be changed; every save should still work.

I regularly see it go over 3 GB now, and I'm only midgame. I suspect the extra RAM will help some late game. (Otherwise, I absolutely agree with you. It isn't a magic bullet for performance, it mostly means it can work on the newer OS X and doesn't run into memory limits.)

I can confirm from own experience that if you let the game run in observer mode over a weekend you can get some great insights into how a feudal Europe in the year 3000 might look.

Although the tech stagnation throws the whole thing off...
I'd argue, given that the regional tech penalties in EU4 are canon, technological advance is canonically the product of institutions and circumstances and by no means inevitable, and thus a world that's barely more developed in 3000 is perfectly plausible given the kind of 15th+ century world the AI would generate on its own. Not exactly going to be exploring the stars when the ERE is on Civil War MDCLIX.

Anyway, this stuff is awesome, and we love our developers.

I wonder what Harald Fairhair would say nowadays when told he can be played as a great king in 64 bit in the future.

"I don't care about that, tell me more about this SHAMPOO and CONDITIONER stuff."

Yeah, I needed to reinstal my graphics card drivergcd, but strangely only CK2 was having problems.
That might be because it's a very new build (and beta) and assumes relatively up to date drivers. Older games (even those no more than a year old) are likely more tolerant.

It's easy to get out of date - I was prompted to update mine the other week by some application and found I hadn't done so for about two years!