• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
And a useful reminder that, in space, one is literally venturing in the unknown where all biological assumptions may be prove erroneous.

Given half a chance, life will spring up just about anywhere. It's awe-inspiring.
Indeed it is. :cool: It comes in all shapes and colors.
And a useful reminder that, in space, one is literally venturing in the unknown where all biological assumptions may be prove erroneous.
Quite true.

Chapter V - Mass Extinction
To: Emperor Zetioz

Topic: Mass Extinction

My liege,

You are, I know, well aware of the mass extinction events that has happened on our planet in ages past.

We thought we were past that threat with the changes to industry and production the last two centuries. But now we see disturbing signs all over the planet that we might have been wrong.

It would be prudent to scour the many planets we find in our surrounding star systems for signs of past catastrophies, to prevent this from happening on Orossi again.

We have made a map over the most likely planetary candidates to help us avoid an oncoming mass extinction event, and we humbly ask for funding as soon as possible!

Your loyal servant,

Director Habix

-----------------------------------
Advisor note: One should always err on the side of caution, especially when our entire species is at risk. I recommend we send at least four of the five planned or built science ships towards these star systems at once.

uf5jOep.png

FtMbKeh.png

None of them look overly far away either.

Chapter VI - Plasmoid Life

Topic: Star Life

My liege,

What a wonderful universe we live in! Not only lead to greatness by yourself, but also full of wonders!

We recently discovered space beasts, living on the stars. Then we discovered life on a gas planet, previously thought impossible.

Now, yours truly has discovered something just as unique and fascinating; life – in plasma form – living ON a star! How this is even possible is beyond me and my colleagues at the present time.

We would love to study this further, with your highness’ permission. It would need additional funding for an expedition, as the science ship cannot go any closer than it is at the present point.

Your loyal servant,

Xiraxor

--------------------------------------
Advisor note: I highly recommend we investigate this further. It could give us valuable information all kinds – something we should not be amiss in a galaxy that is unknown and might be full of terrors.

GRnEYPM.png

ucSCnQN.png

The Advisor is being strangely optimistic - only "might" be full of terrors? :D

Only just saw you were at it again, Nikolai. I can say, those are some species traits and civics that you don't see picked too often, at least in these parts. It could just be my imagination playing games with me of course. We should try and get some statistics from Paradox.

The Advisor is being strangely optimistic - only "might" be full of terrors? :D
*gasp*
It must be an error. :D
Only just saw you were at it again, Nikolai. I can say, those are some species traits and civics that you don't see picked too often, at least in these parts. It could just be my imagination playing games with me of course. We should try and get some statistics from Paradox.
Welcome, and yes such statistics would be interesting to see. :) As for them not being picked too often; they're probably a sub optimal build. :D I'v never either been interested in optimal builds nor been any good at spotting them - might be a connection, who knows. ;)

Subbed!

Welcome, and yes such statistics would be interesting to see. :) As for them not being picked too often; they're probably a sub optimal build. :D I'v never either been interested in optimal builds nor been any good at spotting them - might be a connection, who knows. ;)

I too have never been interested in optimal builds. I prefer Stellaris for its storytelling potential instead of gameplay, and min-maxing isn't really my thing. Instead, I always create a species with a combo of appearances, traits, mods, and civics that sets up a fun and unpredictable story of galactic expansion (most recently, that time my empire of egalitarian/pacifist habitat dwellers encountered the Zroni, became psionic, and then crowned an immortal God-Empress and became spiritualist/authoritarian).

Subbed!

I too have never been interested in optimal builds. I prefer Stellaris for its storytelling potential instead of gameplay, and min-maxing isn't really my thing. Instead, I always create a species with a combo of appearances, traits, mods, and civics that sets up a fun and unpredictable story of galactic expansion (most recently, that time my empire of egalitarian/pacifist habitat dwellers encountered the Zroni, became psionic, and then crowned an immortal God-Empress and became spiritualist/authoritarian).
Welcome! :) That Empire sounds interesting to me, any plans of making an AAR for it or another campaign? :)

Chapter VII - The Yuth

Topic: The Yuth

My liege,

Six million years ago, our part of the galaxy was ruled by extremely huge anthropods, named the Yuth.

What happened to them, we do not know.

We need to know more, your majesty, so that whatever befell them do not befall us!

I implore you to give more funding for exploration!

Your loyal servant,

Department Head Cuprix

------------------------------------------

Advisor note: I agree with the Department Head. However, our five science ships’ Captains have limited experience, and the site discovered so far need extensive time to excavate. I recommend we wait a few years until the Captains have more experience and we are sure they do not mock this thing up. It’s too important.

BeV3qZw.png

Welcome! :) That Empire sounds interesting to me, any plans of making an AAR for it or another campaign? :)
Sadly not at this time. However, I do take screenshots religiously so I can remember what happened, so you never know...

Sadly not at this time. However, I do take screenshots religiously so I can remember what happened, so you never know...
I would gladly read it if you were to write something. :)

Chapter VIII - Ancient Beacon

Topic: Ancient Beacon

My liege,

I am happy to report we have solved the mystery of Sabtrak Va!

As you know, we received a weak signal from this planet, and a search team was sent.

It was thought someone was in trouble down there, but it turns out the signal came from an ancient survey marker, marking the position of a large deposit of precious metals.

The coordinates have been mapped into the computer system and beamed to Orossi for future reference.

Your loyal servant,

Xiraxor

------------------------------------
Advisor note: Most excellent. We need all the resources we can get for our Empire’s survival and prospering, although energy deposits would be even more welcome at this point.

0V1BRQH.png

hG1JrKV.png

Well things are so far looking pretty good. More resources, interesting news, lots of lovely science ships - all seems good. Even the Advisor seems happy.

Well things are so far looking pretty good. More resources, interesting news, lots of lovely science ships - all seems good. Even the Advisor seems happy.
And doesn't that scare you witless? :D

And doesn't that scare you witless? :D
When one is drinking a decent cup of tea, it is very hard to be scared of anything :)

This may be the most amusing exchange I've read all day. :D I just wish I could write conversations like this.
Well, you know, he's a Brit. I'm merely lucky. ;)