• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi

I’m a big fan of the stellaris wiki. Thanks for such a great resource. I have two requests I’d like to make:

1) More information for modders.

2) I joined stellaris shortly after the release of 2.0. And using the steam betas feature I’ve been going back and playing older iterations of the game. Is there a way of accessing older versions of wiki pages?

Hi

I’m a big fan of the stellaris wiki. Thanks for such a great resource. I have two requests I’d like to make:

1) More information for modders.

2) I joined stellaris shortly after the release of 2.0. And using the steam betas feature I’ve been going back and playing older iterations of the game. Is there a way of accessing older versions of wiki pages?
You can go over old page revisions by clicking the history tab located at the top-right of the article.

You can check the main page to find when patches were updated.

BTW, the console tab (top-left) is compatible with patches 1.6/1.7 of the PC version.

The Wiki would benefit from a table showing the various Job substitutions caused by Civics or in some cases Ethos.

For instance, Priests instead of Culture workers for Spiritualist empires, or the Duel(l)ists from the Warrior Culture Civic replacing Entertainers, or the pentad of mutually exclusive Civics that replace some Administrator Jobs with other Ruler Job types, such as Technocracy and Merchant Guilds.

It's not that the information is absent rfom the Wiki, but it's something that one, as a wiki user, has to manually collate from different places, because it's not presented in a clear ready-to-use compare-and-contrast table, or set of tables. If I want to know how much better Priests are than Culture Workers, e.g., I have to do a lot of extra mental work, even though having such a table or pair of tables would be an obvious enrichment of the Wiki.

If I had a Stellaris (b)log, I'd just do it there, but I don't (yet). So it's something that the Wiki would benefit from.

I wasn’t able to find this on the wiki, and frankly I’m unsure if this is even the correct place to ask- but how are resources stored in sector stockpiles utilised? Are they just for if a sector is placed on automatic management by the AI?

There is something with the versioning system, pages having version 2.3 are shown to be accurate to patch 2.4, while pages having version 2.4 are shown to be outdated to patch 2.4.

EDIT:
https://stellaris.paradoxwikis.com/index.php?title=Template:Version&curid=114&diff=41693&oldid=41513

Kami-sama said:
(Edited to show 2.3 as 2.4 since the game has no visible changes. Page change should be reverted when the page will be updated for 2.5 in the future.)

I get it. Seems idiotic, but I get it. I will change pages of 2.4 to 2.3 then.

The Wiki seems to again be down. It has been giving me connection resets since at least last Friday, possibly a bit longer, can't actually remember when this first started occurring.

From the Wiki: "instant_build Toggles instantly finishing constructions and upgrades
WARNING: This also applies to enemy AI so only used while paused"

Just to clarify - no building in progress gets built 100% until the clock is running.

But while you're paused new construction will complete instantly when you push a new button.

Last edited:
Is there an official list of all possible CURRENT modifiers and their in-game effects?
On the Wiki, a lot of "newer" modifiers aren't listed (such as "planet_jobs_energy_produces_mult") except for a User's page. I'd be happy to make the page, but I'm looking for an official source to verify I got them all.
Not sure how to verify all of their in-game effects, but one step at a time.
I tried looking in the "localisation" folder for the tool-tips for the different traits ("ingenious" affects "planet_jobs_energy_produces_mult"), but I couldn't find them (they would be a start for getting in-game effects).
Any ideas, suggestions, etc.?

Thank you :)

Hi all :)
We are conducting a survey to learn how we can improve the Paradox Wikis experience for our users. Please take the time to fill the Survey
You could do with some improvements. I hardly ever have used the wikis, so I tried to answer that I don't use it. Thought that would be good information for you too. But I still had to answer a lot I had no way of answering as I've only used it a handful times to find console codes for fixing stuff in my AARs.

Is there an official list of all possible CURRENT modifiers and their in-game effects?
... I'd be happy to make the page, but I'm looking for an official source to verify I got them all.
... Any ideas, suggestions, etc.?
You should look in the Stellaris\common\traits folder (use localisation to find flavor description/names).