• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Arrnea

Meatbag Exterminator
67 Badges
Jun 30, 2008
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • 500k Club
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Surviving Mars
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Magicka
  • Prison Architect
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Sword of the Stars
One line summary of your issue
[3.1.1] Cannot Seek Treatment for Symptom That Won't Go Away

Game Version

What expansions do you have installed?
All of the above

Do you have mods enabled?
Yes, but none that affect the checksum.

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
My current ruler (the Khagan of the Mongol Empire) has the symptom trait Chest Pains (he already had it when he inherited the rulership), which seems neither to want to go away nor to progress into an actual disease. I have a Court Physician, but cannot Seek Treatment through the Intrigue screen because the game thinks I have recently been treated - I have not.

Steps to reproduce the issue.
Load my save and observe the traits on my character, as well as the inability to Seek Treatment through the Intrigue screen.

Upload Attachment

6650693311.png

9f7afa0086.png

Attachments

• Ironman_Otuken.ck2
    10,4 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Upvote 0
This bug killed my ruler and kicked me down to Khan because his heir was a child at the time. Fantastic.

On the other hand, it led to me discovering this bug.

A user in the Paradox Community Discord server noticed that my Chest Pains-stricken ruler did have a flag in the save file for recent treatment - however, he must have already had this when he inherited the throne (since he already had the symptom then and I tried to treat him ASAP, which I found I couldn't do) and he lingered about another ten years, stuck in this state all the while being unable to be treated and not progressing to an actual disease.

Just had this bug pop up again, in a completely different playthrough.

7b35346f9b.png

f0ea53bba4.png

This character (Banebshen Nirmala of Gujarat) came to power suffering from the symptom Chest Pains already and has no treatment modifiers, but the game thinks she has been recently treated and will not allow further treatment. The symptom will also neither go away, nor progress to an actual disease. It'll just sit there until it kills her. Save attached.

Attachments

• Ironman_Mohadavasaka.ck2
    22 MB · Views: 5
  • upload_2019-5-27_11-9-49.png
    upload_2019-5-27_11-9-49.png
    523,7 KB · Views: 9
Just for the record for devs and and modders looking to fix it, the issue is that the "disease_not_serious" flag is not actually set for event RIP.5005 (the event that adds Chest Pains and determines whether it's a sign of a developing disease or if it's not serious and will just remain a symptom without a disease).

This is not a bug, it's WAI. Chest pains can last up to 30 years by themselves. See events\rip_symptom_events.txt lines 1812-1843:

Code:
                    if = {
                        limit = {
                            NOR = {
                                has_character_flag = developing_illness
                                has_character_flag = disease_not_serious
                            }
                        }
                        random_list = { #chest pains can last a long time
                            100 = {
                                character_event = { id = RIP.11006 days = 1725 random = 200 }
                            }
                            100 = {
                                character_event = { id = RIP.11006 days = 3650 random = 365 }
                            }
                            100 = {
                                modifier = {
                                    factor = 3
                                    age = 50 
                                }
                                character_event = { id = RIP.11006 days = 7300 random = 3650 }
                            }
                            100 = {
                                modifier = {
                                    factor = 5
                                    NOT = { age = 30 }
                                }
                                character_event = { id = RIP.11006 days = 30 random = 60 }
                                set_character_flag = disease_not_serious #only protected from other illness if this is a short term effect
                            }
                        }

}

This is not a bug, it's WAI. Chest pains can last up to 30 years by themselves. See events\rip_symptom_events.txt lines 1812-1843:

Code:
                    if = {
                        limit = {
                            NOR = {
                                has_character_flag = developing_illness
                                has_character_flag = disease_not_serious
                            }
                        }
                        random_list = { #chest pains can last a long time
                            100 = {
                                character_event = { id = RIP.11006 days = 1725 random = 200 }
                            }
                            100 = {
                                character_event = { id = RIP.11006 days = 3650 random = 365 }
                            }
                            100 = {
                                modifier = {
                                    factor = 3
                                    age = 50
                                }
                                character_event = { id = RIP.11006 days = 7300 random = 3650 }
                            }
                            100 = {
                                modifier = {
                                    factor = 5
                                    NOT = { age = 30 }
                                }
                                character_event = { id = RIP.11006 days = 30 random = 60 }
                                set_character_flag = disease_not_serious #only protected from other illness if this is a short term effect
                            }
                        }

}
Right, but if you look at similar events for the other symptoms, you will notice that they all set the flag "disease_not_serious" if the symptom is not meant to develop into a disease. This is important because it's one of the flags that is checked for when determining whether you are eligible for getting your symptoms treated. The Chest Pains version of the event is missing the line that sets this flag, which means that even though Chest Pains can last a really long time without developing into a disease, they do not set the flag that lets the person receive symptom treatment for them.

Right, but if you look at similar events for the other symptoms, you will notice that they all set the flag "disease_not_serious" if the symptom is not meant to develop into a disease. This is important because it's one of the flags that is checked for when determining whether you are eligible for getting your symptoms treated. The Chest Pains version of the event is missing the line that sets this flag, which means that even though Chest Pains can last a really long time without developing into a disease, they do not set the flag that lets the person receive symptom treatment for them.

Right, I see what you mean.

That's also intentional, though. See the comment down toward the bottom there? Where it only lasts 30-90 days?

Code:

They obviously intentionally excluded that flag from the longer-lasting Chest Pains cases. It's not a very good solution in my opinion, because I think characters should be able to get symptom treatment for long-term Chest Pains, but it does appear to be WAI.

They obviously intentionally excluded that flag from the longer-lasting Chest Pains cases. It's not a very good solution in my opinion, because I think characters should be able to get symptom treatment for long-term Chest Pains, but it does appear to be WAI.

The game blocks you from getting treatment for it with the message "recently received treatment", which is clearly a bug regardless of whether the rest is WAI.

Last edited:
The game blocks you from getting treatment for it with the message "recently received treatment", which is clearly a bug regardless of whether the rest is WAI.

Fair enough. :)

Cv3LyTV.jpg

Still noticing this bug in the current version. Please fix.

Reactions: