• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Asrie1

Recruit
21 Badges
Sep 3, 2019
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Magicka
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
(Sorry for my English)

I have an idea to create a mod about Dark Souls universe. As planned, there will be:
  • All three large kingdoms: Lothrick, Dranglik, Lordran. (It will be realized as empires)
  • All the other kingdoms, duchies, counties mentioned in the games like Karim, Astora, Kartuss
  • Many provinces, we will take something from the games themselves or something based on lore
  • May be some more territory like the islands of the Giants from the Dark Souls 2.
Naturally, there will be new traits, events, quests, etc. I will try to implement the mechanics of Hollowing.
But all this requires your opinion. Are you curious about this at all? Will you play it if the mod is released? What other mechanics do you want to see? Ready for any suggestions.

• 4Like
Reactions:
I -think- someone had a similar idea before, although I cannot quite put a finger on who or when. Perhaps there's some groundwork for it already made?

Otherwise, good luck with the effort!

What map are you going to use? is there a dark souls world map?
Far as I know, there is no official world map of Dark Souls. It's not necessarily a deal breaker though, it just means they can come up with their own.

Well
We want to use this map for our mod. We will try to contact the artist and try to get permission to use it. What do you think of this map? What edits does this need?
PuKH8Oc.png

• 1Like
Reactions:
Today we made the first version of the map. This is alpha, 0.0.0.0.1, so we are waiting for your suggestions on how to improve it. This is just a presentation for you and for us, just how world will look like. We collected it in pieces of lore, but there may still be mistakes. We will be happy if you point to them.
AaZIBMBi0Go.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions:
Today we made the first version of the map. This is alpha, 0.0.0.0.1, so we are waiting for your suggestions on how to improve it. This is just a presentation for you and for us, just how world will look like. We collected it in pieces of lore, but there may still be mistakes. We will be happy if you point to them.
AaZIBMBi0Go.jpg
Really good map. Just a personal point, splitting river are a geographic sins, and a lot of those split everywhere. Also it's a bit hard to understand where the river in Lothric goes since it seems to go towards both Astora and Londor. I would suggest breaking the river system there in three: a river from Lothric to Londor and the Swamp, a river from Lothric to Astora and Volgen, and a separate river in Astora and Karim.
Ad for the other water system, since it seems to be centered around the Lake of Drangleic, I would just remove the two branches in Southern Forossa, and make the border of Mirra and Jugo the only end.
Of course, if some/all are artificial canals that changes stuff.

Really good map. Just a personal point, splitting river are a geographic sins, and a lot of those split everywhere. Also it's a bit hard to understand where the river in Lothric goes since it seems to go towards both Astora and Londor. I would suggest breaking the river system there in three: a river from Lothric to Londor and the Swamp, a river from Lothric to Astora and Volgen, and a separate river in Astora and Karim.
Ad for the other water system, since it seems to be centered around the Lake of Drangleic, I would just remove the two branches in Southern Forossa, and make the border of Mirra and Jugo the only end.
Of course, if some/all are artificial canals that changes stuff.

Thank you for your suggestion! We use this for the new version of the map. Thank you very much!

Thank you for your suggestion! We use this for the new version of the map. Thank you very much!
No problem at all. One question though, I understand Zena can very well be a title under another Kingdom, but why is there no Thorolund?

There is a theory that Thorolund early was located in territory of Courland. That is, in DS1 there was Torolund, and in DS3 - Courland
I see, I see. One last suggestion would simply be to switch Balder and Volgen. All the sources I read state Volgen is west of Draglic, which is where it would be in the place of Balder, but not where it is right now.

Thank you :)
Please, can you show us this source?
Maybe we will find more mistakes)
I used the Dark Souls Wiki as a main source. The claim is here, and the source appearse to be this merchant from Volgen, who mentions coming from the western city of Volgen.
Youtube videos seem to agree but I can't check those rn.