Launching the new launcher! (Coming with 1.29 Manchu)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi @Mekbots we are looking into this right now. Please try the other launch option and see if that resolves the situation.
Thanks for the quick reply! What other launch option do you mean?

Also I just noticed that my game converted from ck2 isn't showing up as a mod at all in the mod list neither as a local or steam mod too.

Thanks for the quick reply! What other launch option do you mean?

Also I just noticed that my game converted from ck2 isn't showing up as a mod at all in the mod list neither as a local or steam mod too.

When you roll back you should see this:
Capture.PNG

Choose 'Launch'

Can it be that the mod list only shows Steam mods and not personal mods? It also seems to show certain mods twice for some reason.

As the original posts say that will happen if you don't delete the mods folder and then have stream re-acquire them. Have you done that?

Just a litte FYI for the devs: I don't even get to see the Launch button, only the first option appears:

Attachments

• upload_2019-9-17_15-33-9.png
    upload_2019-9-17_15-33-9.png
    101,1 KB · Views: 117
Oh? I dont see that, just as soon as I hit play it pops up with the image I attached to my first message.

Try restarting steam? Sometimes the client can be a bit slow to get the latest configuration

Oh? I dont see that, just as soon as I hit play it pops up with the image I attached to my first message.

Just a litte FYI for the devs: I don't even get to see the Launch button, only the first option appears:

To be clear: Are you rolling back to 1.28.3 or earlier? And have you tried rolling back then restarting steam?

Edit - ahh Groogy beat me to the old restart tip :p

It will be fixed soon. 1.28.3 should be fixed any moment. Older branches will be fixed one by one as soon as possible. In the meantime, you should be able to launch the game from the directory.

As the original posts say that will happen if you don't delete the mods folder and then have stream re-acquire them. Have you done that?
I did now and it seems to have adapted itself, but that is the mod folder in the Documents folder. What about the mods in the actual game files, in the Program Files? Those do not show up apparently, but I don't know if that's intended or not...

I did now and it seems to have adapted itself, but that is the mod folder in the Documents folder. What about the mods in the actual game files, in the Program Files? Those do not show up apparently, but I don't know if that's intended or not...

I'm afraid I'm not sure what you mean by mods in the program files. Do you mean you have put mods into the folder shown below? If so - don't do that! That isn't where mods go under either the old or the new system.

Capture.PNG

Thanks for the multiple quick responses, I've got things working now!

Fab - glad to hear it.

Hi, still getting to get the new launcher ready. Just a littl' question: is it possible to make the launcher a full screen?

Thank you kindly in advance,
AdL

Good to know:
Currently mod zips show up in "C:/Users/user/Paradox Interactive/Europa Universalis IV/mod" after subscribing. This works slightly different now. Mod zips (Now named *.bin) will now stay in the Steam downloads folder (Something like "D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\workshop\content\236850\217416366", but users should not have to care about this, it is handled by Steam exclusively and shouldn't be touched) and the "mod" folder will just contain "ugc_1234567.mod" files ("descriptors") that reference these downloaded files. The old way of copying mods into that folder will still work however.

this might be the worst change i have ever seen lol, basically we download mods from the workshop and now they go into that steam folder making them be divided in folders with number codes, which makes impossible for anyone to edit the downloaded mods to change or fix things. Why would anyone do this? things were great as they were, downloading the mod as a .zip made it possible to open the mod and edit it in case you had compatibility problems or other stuff, really don't understand the reason for this change, guess i'm stuck at using the mods like before and not be connected to the workshop.

On Linux, the launch configuration checks for "dowser.exe", but it doesn't exist. "dowser" exists on it's place. Manually launching it works.

The Steam client probably hasn't updated launch config files, but I tried before and after restarting the Steam client.

EDIT: I also verified files twice, but no dice.

Last edited:
We changed the shader code that renders the map colors.
Try starting without mods, I suspect you are running a mod that is tied to rendering and wasn't updated for 1.29.

I installed the new patch and got the new launcher: It looks nice in optical but in my opinion its design isn't very functional. You have to scroll a lot if you want to enable/disable a specific DLC (the old launcher had this nice system with categories) and additional information like the issue with third party rights on sabaton soundtrack is complety gone. I wouldn't be surprised if number of copyrights issues by new Youtubers or Streamers will rise because the just simply don't know about that....