• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Mingmung

General
35 Badges
Aug 23, 2014
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
Hey there,

The most recent developer-diary showed some minor tweaks to the provinces of Taiwan, but the city-locations are still off:
index.php

1: Tainan; its name was changed from Sakam. A good choice, as Sakam was the native name for the village where the Dutch built Fort Zeelandia. The city-location is the only thing that needs a bit of fixing. Also, Zeelandia could be the dynamic province-name for the Dutch culture. This was the capital of Dutch Formosa and conquered by Koxinga later on.
2: Taichung; The old Middag-province (or a dynamic province-name for it). I changed its location, the typo also needs to be fixed. Middag could still be the Polynesian name for this province, as the aboriginals had a small kingdom with this name around the location of modern-day Taichung.
3: Taipei; Renamed from Kelang/Keelung, which makes sense when not under Polynesian control. The green dot indicates the location of Spanish Formosa's capital, San Salvador (which was in the location of Kelang/Keelung). This could be the Spanish dynamic province-name, still, as it's close to Taipei as well. Taipei itself is located at the red dot, so the city should be moved there.

Some maps for reference:
index.php

Dutch_and_Spanish_Taiwan.png

@Caligula Caesar

Attachments

• Koxinga - Taiwan (Feedback for 1.29).jpg
    Koxinga - Taiwan (Feedback for 1.29).jpg
    57,1 KB · Views: 231
  • Taiwan - Google Maps.png
    Taiwan - Google Maps.png
    219,1 KB · Views: 219
Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure that Tainan, "Taiching" and Taipei are just the Chinese dynamic province names for Sakam, Middag and Keelung. The original province names are probably still there.

I'm pretty sure that Tainan, "Taiching" and Taipei are just the Chinese dynamic province names for Sakam, Middag and Keelung. The original province names are probably still there.
I think that as well, but I'm advocating for the town-fixes and Dutch/Spanish dynamic names mostly.

Anyway, these new names (supposedly dynamic ones for Chinese cultures) aren't present in the current version of EU4.

Last edited: