• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
very cool on how you all got the drop pods working.

but to me it is very jarring because i know that is not how they are supposed to work and anything inside after that hit is toast be it man or machine.

very cool on how you all got the drop pods working.

but to me it is very jarring because i know that is not how they are supposed to work and anything inside after that hit is toast be it man or machine.
Yep, and as stated in the post, Eck brought that up, but wasn't going to change it because "rule of cool". Though, I think it's be neat if there was a retrograde exhaust plume to imply the pod is coming hot, but slowing down.

Played Auto Dual on a C64. Seem to remember an exploit where the AI cars wouldn't start attacking you until they were fully on the screen. You could slowly approach them and stop while the enemy sprite was only partially on screen. Then you could attack them without them reacting to you.

While working on some Dynamic Enums, I flesh out a code generator to kick out the boiler plate code for me. Check it out:
https://www.gamedev.net/blogs/entry/2267717-battletech-developer-journal-09/

- Eck
I did something quite similar a while back when I had to generate about fifty-sixty or so back-end services from database tables - given a table name, the code queried the database for column names, generated a class declaration with all the relevant class variables, created all the get/set methods for those class variables, and generated various other little code bits that was needed for a working service. The only thing I had to do by hand was the actual service logic.

Saved a huge chunk of time compared to doing it all by hand, and made me feel like I was living up to the first of the three virtues of a great programmer; laziness :)

I too enjoyed the Blood Bowl tournament write up - maybe we could set up a league

That could be interesting, a Battletech Blood Bowl champion.

I'm not surprised Blood Bowl appeals to Battletech players, the games are very similar in mechanics terms. Two teams of assets that must be moved and used to maximise chances of the Dice gods smiling upon you.

That, and an ogre stomping on a halfing is much the same as an Atlas DFAing a locust.

Since you're looking at upgrading to a newer version of Unity, I was wondering if you were thinking of enabling the Metal renderer on OSX. Although it's not a Unity app, I noticed that Civ6 lets you switch between OpenGL and Metal. Using Metal results in frames that take 40% less time to render.