• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Maybe I could make a Bulgarian portrait set.
Why wouldn't you use that old one?:)
9VR0zh9.png1

Last edited:
Maybe I could make a Bulgarian portrait set.

Curious about this, will you do something similar like you do with the new Russian portrait?

By the way, about the double chin problem, look like Sifsilver won't be back anytime soon. Is it possible to disable the double chin feature of the portraits that are not yet supported?
IMHO, I think to have double chin randomly like pre holy furry, is better then discolors/mismatch double chin.

Hey, is it possible to tie the haircut and facial hair choices available for a character, to its culture? I personally find odd when this happens:
OoLTuaH

https://imgur.com/a/4uuKhX8
script>

I mean, why do people that think of themselves as greeks would use culturally foreign fashion choices? Those are the most extreme examples in my opinion which are also specially common in the roman empire due its proximity with nomad pechenegs, turks and other nomadic people.

Could someone explain what the glow/ambiance/color that sometimes appears around the edge of character portraits means?

I think its's a new vanilla addition, and represents if your character is friends/rival/lover to said characters, depending on the color (blue/red/pink).

Hey, is it possible to tie the haircut and facial hair choices available for a character, to its culture? I personally find odd when this happens:
OoLTuaH

https://imgur.com/a/4uuKhX8
script>

I mean, why do people that think of themselves as greeks would use culturally foreign fashion choices? Those are the most extreme examples in my opinion which are also specially common in the roman empire due its proximity with nomad pechenegs, turks and other nomadic people.

I think its's a new vanilla addition, and represents if your character is friends/rival/lover to said characters, depending on the color (blue/red/pink).

I definitely agree, but im not sure if its even possible since afaik hair, along with clothes and facial features, are tied to a specific portrait set. You can probably make different sets for a single ethnicity so they would have different hairstyles depending on their culture (like how there are different sets for turkish characters to match their religion), but even then i dont know how it can be done or if its possible

I definitely agree, but im not sure if its even possible since afaik hair, along with clothes and facial features, are tied to a specific portrait set. You can probably make different sets for a single ethnicity so they would have different hairstyles depending on their culture (like how there are different sets for turkish characters to match their religion), but even then i dont know how it can be done or if its possible
It wouldn't. The only ways to avoid your Greek kids from looking like Turks is to either a) not practice interracial marriage, a poor strategy, or b) embrace the console. In order to do what you wish to achieve, you'd have to make a graphical culture that would be Turkish physical features, mixed with Greek hair, clothes, and beards, or whichever group you disapprove of, then you'd have to also build a new culture or tie that graphical culture to an existing culture (e.g. Bulgars). The Pechenegs already have most of what you're looking for, however, if you feel like blinging out the steppes.

Edit: I also forgot to mention this last night, @Ese Khan , but while doing some culture modding I noticed a few errors in the gfx interfaces:

Last edited:
In case this was missed, these are the previews of the edits I made to CPRplus, alongside explanations and suggestions on how they can be improved.
Both noted, thanks!

Hi, apologies if this has been flagged but in the latest version of HIP with this mod, all cultures within the Latin culture group, and Celtic and West Germanic all have the same "chin" apperance regardless of which option you choose, in my case this means that custom characters look overweight on the character select screen.

Is this a known issue or am I the only one experiencing it?

My HIP game has EMF, ARKOpack Armoiries, CRplus (v3.0.5), SWMH (full version), and Lindbrooks textures installed.

Edit: Okay...I think the issue may be due to certain start dates, 1018 and 1043 work fine, but when I try 26th December 1066, the chins all stay the same. Any ideas why?

Last edited:
Hi, apologies if this has been flagged but in the latest version of HIP with this mod, all cultures within the Latin culture group, and Celtic and West Germanic all have the same "chin" apperance regardless of which option you choose, in my case this means that custom characters look overweight on the character select screen.
Never heard of this issue before. Screenshots would help, as well as your HIP and general mod setup.

At least to me, the Jewish ethnicities and cultures, Ashkenazi and Sephardi, appeared to return to the Greek look. Is this intentional?
It's likely that Askhenazi and Sephardi have byzantinegfx (Greek faces) as the alternate gfx if their usual sets can't be drawn up.

Most likely, another mod is conflicting with CPRplus, causing this reversion.

Greeks and Turks should look the same as they are (in that time) the same general ethnic group?

I was reading a text about European migration, and it was poking fun at the father in "My big fat greek wedding" because the Greeks there today and the ones of Ancient Greece are two TOTALLY DIFFERENT sets of people.

It's likely that Askhenazi and Sephardi have byzantinegfx (Greek faces) as the alternate gfx if their usual sets can't be drawn up.

Most likely, another mod is conflicting with CPRplus, causing this reversion.

Ah, that could be it. I might take a while to figure out what it is, as I have around a hundred mods going on. Whichever portrait style gets used for this game, I know in real life Jewish folks that look something like any of this mod's Jewish portraits, as well as the default Greek style portraits, and even the new Italian portraits. For the default game, Greek portraits suit them a little more in facial features, but this mod seems to have the Ashkenazim make use of a combination of the Greek eyes and basic head shape, and maybe other ethnicities' portraits, combinations which I think work well. I also like how a lot of the Ashkenazi hairstyles have peyot, the long sidelocks/sideburns of hair draping each side of the face.

Hi guys , i've one question about the mod. Can i install it if i only have the ultimate portrait pack ? Because the HIP installator doenst allow me do to it (due to the lack of content packs like horse lords, etc)

lack of content packs like horse lord

You need the Horse Lords Content Pack as well since it includes a portrait set that is used in the mod.

I recall the old steppe face (Turkic face + Russian eyes) being quite popular back in the day, so I decided to re-introduce it with a new Avar portrait.

pOvOQoW.jpg

I recall the old steppe face (Turkic face + Russian eyes) being quite popular back in the day, so I decided to re-introduce it with a new Avar portrait.

pOvOQoW.jpg

Nice update to the Avars! On another note, some of the Christian hairstyles for the Hungarians appear to be misaligned a little bit on the tops of their heads, if I go into the custom ruler creator, and sometimes in the game if they wear no hat or helmet, too. I think it mostly affects men and their hair, but I've spotted some hairstyles in which women are affected by that, too. They have these little bald spots, almost like tonsure haircuts, at the tops of their heads. In the version I am currently using, it goes for both the Hungarians and the Avars.