Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Dev Diary #46: The Launch and the upcoming VELOCIRAPTOR update

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You can restrict population growth by just forcing the city to share all its food. That option already exists.

And I'm pretty sure you can always adjust tactical combat speed during AI turns.

Share food only works if another city can accept the food, which quite often is not the case. If all your other cities have only 1 turn until growth, share food doesn't work.

My mild concerns were put to rest within hours of the Xbox One release. The Triumph Twitter team were superbly helpful and quick with their responses to my tweets. So I have absolute faith that all will be grand with Planetfall.

Edit: Attached image (meme), image url I added didn't seem to work (at least on my end).
aTnAVydTYDKp5yaJ7

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1561511102485.jpg
    FB_IMG_1561511102485.jpg
    7,7 KB · Views: 34
I wish to read all the other dev diaries too, but I dont see a wiki page, like in othere pdx games, where all the Dec diaries are linked. Did I miss it, how do I find all the past DD?

Can I somehow still get the AoW planetfall newsletter boni? I joined to late into it but still wish to get those things.

Also, I can't wait to get home from vacation and play this :)

If this (or the next) patch is for QoL features, then I may as well add a few more I've noticed:

1) Add an option to restrict city population growth. With the pop/happiness mechanic similar to Civ, one feature Civ had was you could check a box in the city interface to stop a city from growing. This would be useful if a city is "capped" on population by its happiness.

2) Add an option to switch between heroes the same way you can switch between armies using the arrows on the UI. AoW3 had this and it was super convenient when trying to find where your hero stacks were.

3) Make it so you can adjust tactical combat speed mid-fight instead of just at the beginning. The arrows that adjust combat animation speed only appear when the fight starts, can't seem to bring them up mid-fight. Also, a "force high speed tactical combat" rule in the game settings would be nice, like in AoW3.

4) Healing abilities (like Dvar Foreman's heal) don't seem to heal outside combat, unlike in AoW3. Is this intended or just a bug? Making them do so would also make support units a bit better (currently they seem a bit underpowered to me, compared to one extra infantry unit instead).

1) As mentioned, you can use Share Food to do this. Alternately, prioritize your colonists towards everything except food. The system will automatically assign enough colonists to make sure your people don't starve.

2) In the miltary overview (top left, the icon that looks like 3 soldiers) there is a hero overview you can use for htis.

3) We're talking about this right now, and looking into adding it back somehow. I'm not sure what the current status is though.

4) You're correct, having a foreman should speed up stack healing on the world map (it does with the vanguard MULE and Biomancer, for example) I'll look into getting this fixed

Are there plans to let us toggle infinite repeated generate energy on colonies? It's tedious as hell having to queue up a bunch and/or repeatedly scroll through all the settlements.

I dont mean to be "that one guy" but i have not found a single way to change the borders on AoW Planetfall and the game is quite unplayable in its current state since i cant see anything except my colony all the other important UI tools on top and the right side are completly out of view and would like a refund for the $60 but not sure how to go about it and since it was stated nowhere that the the game is unplayable on a 32" screen stellaris is fine not sure why this isnt
Edit: Tried uploading an image and waited about 5minutes and apparently it didnt work again i apologize but i cant do anything if i cant see the interface so i feel as though i just wasted the $60

I feel like a Dev Diary thread isn't the right place to get help with that.
Nor are you likely to get any assistance when you haven't given any system details or what methods you have tried to resolve the issue.

With this patch, has how quests are handled above the minimap been changed? Seem to recall them just appearing once prior to this patch and now every active quest appears every single turn, needing to be clicked through before you can cycle through your units. Is this intended?

I dont mean to be "that one guy" but i have not found a single way to change the borders on AoW Planetfall and the game is quite unplayable in its current state since i cant see anything except my colony all the other important UI tools on top and the right side are completly out of view and would like a refund for the $60 but not sure how to go about it and since it was stated nowhere that the the game is unplayable on a 32" screen stellaris is fine not sure why this isnt
Edit: Tried uploading an image and waited about 5minutes and apparently it didnt work again i apologize but i cant do anything if i cant see the interface so i feel as though i just wasted the $60
This thread is not for bug reports. Please make a new thread in the support forum here, thanks.

I spent the first hour or two clicking the end turn button, waiting about 30 seconds to a minute and then getting back to the game before I realized that the turn switching is ridiculously fast. Thankyou.

Any body experience the unwavering crashing after completing a certain quest line for the syndicate on the second vanguard mission I've tried completing it like 7 times now and the game crashes every time I'm on xbox 1 x

Any body experience the unwavering crashing after completing a certain quest line for the syndicate on the second vanguard mission I've tried completing it like 7 times now and the game crashes every time I'm on xbox 1 x

Sorry you ran into this issue.
I checked with the team, looks like this crash is fixed in this Velociraptor Patch, it will be available on console in a soon (needs to go through certification first).

BTW Please report bugs in the bug forum so the support team spots them easier.

1) As mentioned, you can use Share Food to do this. Alternately, prioritize your colonists towards everything except food. The system will automatically assign enough colonists to make sure your people don't starve.

*snip*

The only problem with this solution is that the food only gets shared to the point that other colonies would grow a new colonist, meaning that if there are not enough colonies to take food you will still gain food and probably grow. Also, eventually ALL your cities will grow to the point that no matter where you put the food someone is growing past their happiness income.

This is true! We've been discussing this internally, we're looking into possible solutions. Possibly by having an option to sell excess food for energy somehow (at a loss, like 3 food = 1 energy) so people don't get annoyed at how a "STOP GROWING NOW" option might end up wasting excess food income.