The Hohenzollern Empire 5: Holy Phoenix - An Empire of Jerusalem Megacampaign in New World Order

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I like how this version of Dr. Strange is told in a series of flashbacks, plus his arrogant past life is more shown here too. Ebony Maw making an early appearance was a surprise to be sure but a welcome one :D. I do like the idea of Ken Watanabe playing the Ancient One here, though the actress in OTL (Forgot her name other than that she was in the Narnia movies) certainly was a good pick too. His character dying makes me thing Watanabe is still the Japanese (Or Chinese in this case) Sean Bean of the Hohenzollernverse :p. Kaecilius being a colleage and mentor of Strange certainly is better tbh, makes his betrayal much more impactful.

Moving on to the potential ideas for Volkerschlact and Tianxia, I like them. I always pictured Osterhild as a monarchist at heart so I'd see her inviting the Habsburgs to rule as Archdukes(?) of Austria. Karl von Gallia certainly would be the one leading Gallia plus the choosing to either have the Karlings or the Capets (Assuming Zen saved them back in CK2) or any of the Hohenzollern cadet branches would be a neat analog like the exiled France focus tree for Kaiserreich, hell all three even have their own version for the nation's nane, Francia for the Karlings, Kingdom of France for the Capets and Empire of France for the cadet branch.

We haven't touched Hispania though so in Tianxia I can picture Franco heading the government there (As always like in any other universe, seems it's his destiny :p). Now Dandolo standing in for Huey Long certainly would be interesting, plus him being the leader of a Neo Maximist movement would be good, obviously if he wins he's gonna make sure Victoria Louise' line (Or her brother's depending on who gets the throne after Otto is assassinated in Volkerschlact) would stay on the Imperial Throne. The Holy League idea sounds fun and interesting btw, I can picture the initial conflict in the Tianxia mod to start there, An Arab Spring if you will ;).

Also given how crazy Sturnberg is in Kaiserreich I'm down for a Jewish Mongol character trying his best to restore the Saray empire :D

Btw zen, you might want to put @TWR97 's Godzilla interlude on the table of contents. I noticed it wasn't there yet so I figured I'd give you a friendly reminder.:)

That was a nice Doctor Strange summary btw, I like the idea of Ebony Maw being introduced early as a villain, it will make his fights in Infiity War even more interesting.
Any other members of the Black Order you'd like to put in other Phase 3 movies? Guardians 2 would be the perfect opportunity to see early appearances of the Black Order.
Austria would break off as a minor power that exists to be annexed by its neighbors but a player could keep it alive.
I'd personally prefer Austria to be able to stand on its own without player intervention, but we definitely need some challenges incentives for players to play Austria, not sure what they'd be tho. Anyways, on the Osterhild path I was thinking after she'd invite the Hapsburgs back, she'd then have a decision to negotiate an alliance with Victoria Louise's Prussia, with the goal of working together to reform the Reich. I think Osterhild would also have an alliance with a monarchist Arpad Hungary. Of course if Osterhild's republican sister is in charge, this doesn't happen and Austria purses a different lone wolf path. Either way, I can see Austria butting heads with Helvetica very often.
As for the rest of Germany outside Prussia and Austria, I'm not sure. I think it'd might be like OTL's HRE or the 19th century German Confederation, just with a strong Frissian, Rhine and Alpine (Helvetica) Republics in the west.
Moving on to the potential ideas for Volkerschlact and Tianxia, I like them. I always pictured Osterhild as a monarchist at heart so I'd see her inviting the Habsburgs to rule as Archdukes(?) of Austria. Karl von Gallia certainly would be the one leading Gallia plus the choosing to either have the Karlings or the Capets (Assuming Zen saved them back in CK2) or any of the Hohenzollern cadet branches would be a neat analog like the exiled France focus tree for Kaiserreich, hell all three even have their own version for the nation's nane, Francia for the Karlings, Kingdom of France for the Capets and Empire of France for the cadet branch.

We haven't touched Hispania though so in Tianxia I can picture Franco heading the government there (As always like in any other universe, seems it's his destiny :p). Now Dandolo standing in for Huey Long certainly would be interesting, plus him being the leader of a Neo Maximist movement would be good, obviously if he wins he's gonna make sure Victoria Louise' line (Or her brother's depending on who gets the throne after Otto is assassinated in Volkerschlact) would stay on the Imperial Throne. The Holy League idea sounds fun and interesting btw, I can picture the initial conflict in the Tianxia mod to start there, An Arab Spring if you will ;).

Also given how crazy Sturnberg is in Kaiserreich I'm down for a Jewish Mongol character trying his best to restore the Saray empire :D
Sounds intresting, I might cover some ideas for Italy for awhile. First off, we've got the Apulian Republic, a Greco-Norman Republic in Southern Italy, Sicily and Sardinia. In the center of Italy we'd either have a Latin Commune (because we haven't really disscused any communists states besides Volkerschalt's National Union of China) or a Papal state (I think the Pope is still around, just in perpetual house arrest somewhere near Rome). In northwest Italy, we'd have the Kingdom of Lombardi lead by the Salians, and finally the Republic in Veince in Northeastern Italy (controlling some parts of the western balkans too).

As for Stalin's Holy League, I decided we should name the specific country he rules the Lygos Republic. I considered Latin Empire or Holy Oriental Empire, but I decided those won't work since we've used parts of those names elsewhere. As for where I got this name, here's the list of names Contantinople/Istanbul has had before.
We should also give a proper faction name to Egypt's alliance, but I'm not sure what'd it would be, Any ideas?

actress in OTL
Tilda Swinton. I really liked her as the Ancient One, especially after Endgame.
The concept of archdukes only happened when the Habsburgs were part of the HRE, so it wouldn't make sense to name them archdukes (unless there's something I wrote three or four years ago in CK2 that I forgot). The Capets were dead before my game started so I couldn't save them, but I don't know what happened to the Karlings.
Maybe there'd be a Norse/Malian separatist movement involved too.
Btw zen, you might want to put @TWR97 's Godzilla interlude on the table of contents. I noticed it wasn't there yet so I figured I'd give you a friendly reminder.:)
I forgot about that. I'll get on it after I post this.
That was a nice Doctor Strange summary btw, I like the idea of Ebony Maw being introduced early as a villain, it will make his fights in Infiity War even more interesting.
Any other members of the Black Order you'd like to put in other Phase 3 movies? Guardians 2 would be the perfect opportunity to see early appearances of the Black Order.
The current draft of Guardians 2 doesn't have Black Order appearances outside of a post-credits scene, but I could add them in.
I'd personally prefer Austria to be able to stand on its own without player intervention, but we definitely need some challenges incentives for players to play Austria, not sure what they'd be tho. Anyways, on the Osterhild path I was thinking after she'd invite the Hapsburgs back, she'd then have a decision to negotiate an alliance with Victoria Louise's Prussia, with the goal of working together to reform the Reich. I think Osterhild would also have an alliance with a monarchist Arpad Hungary. Of course if Osterhild's republican sister is in charge, this doesn't happen and Austria purses a different lone wolf path. Either way, I can see Austria butting heads with Helvetica very often.
As for the rest of Germany outside Prussia and Austria, I'm not sure. I think it'd might be like OTL's HRE or the 19th century German Confederation, just with a strong Frissian, Rhine and Alpine (Helvetica) Republics in the west.
German Confederation makes more sense, and it would likely be centered on the Rhineland and its industrial power. There's also a large chance for radicalized workers' unions in the Rhineland to rise up and take over the Confederation.
Sounds intresting, I might cover some ideas for Italy for awhile. First off, we've got the Apulian Republic, a Greco-Norman Republic in Southern Italy, Sicily and Sardinia. In the center of Italy we'd either have a Latin Commune (because we haven't really disscused any communists states besides Volkerschalt's National Union of China) or a Papal state (I think the Pope is still around, just in perpetual house arrest somewhere near Rome). In northwest Italy, we'd have the Kingdom of Lombardi lead by the Salians, and finally the Republic in Veince in Northeastern Italy (controlling some parts of the western balkans too).
Dandolo could try to ally with or destroy the Republic of Venice, with his AI decision weighted towards destroy (because irony).
As for Stalin's Holy League, I decided we should name the specific country he rules the Lygos Republic. I considered Latin Empire or Holy Oriental Empire, but I decided those won't work since we've used parts of those names elsewhere. As for where I got this name, here's the list of names Contantinople/Istanbul has had before.
We should also give a proper faction name to Egypt's alliance, but I'm not sure what'd it would be, Any ideas?
For Egypt's Alliance, we could call it the Levantine Pact or the Fertile Crescent Alliance.

I liked the Godzilla summary, that was a nice surprise.

@TWR97 is right, I liked the use of flashbacks to tell Dr Strange's story. Quite happy he still wins the same way as OTL, it's so fun.

Tilda Swinton. I really liked her as the Ancient One, especially after Endgame.
She was a great Ancient One indeed, even if she isn't accurate to her comic counterpart (tho that's kind of resonable given how profiable the Chinese market is to Hollywood and China's stance on Tibetan independence). Her death in particular was well done.
That said, Ken Watanabe is a good pick for the Ancient One. I guess China no longer being a military dictatorship does allow a comic accurate Ancient One to be depicted here.

@TWR97 is right, I liked the use of flashbacks to tell Dr Strange's story. Quite happy he still wins the same way as OTL, it's so fun.
I also thought Kaecilius was an interesting villain here. I like how, like Malekith, he was given some sympathic traits. I like how he betrayed Maw and willingly accepted Dormammu taking him in, sort of like a graceful admission of defeat.

I'm a bit curios tho, since Mads Mikkelsen doesn't play Kaecilus here, who plays him instead here? Regardless, I hope Benedict Cumberbatch still plays Strange here, he really fits the role.:D
The concept of archdukes only happened when the Habsburgs were part of the HRE, so it wouldn't make sense to name them archdukes (unless there's something I wrote three or four years ago in CK2 that I forgot). The Capets were dead before my game started so I couldn't save them, but I don't know what happened to the Karlings.
I think Osterhild married a Karling if my memory of her bio serves me right, so the Karlings are indeed still around, tho they're likely as relevant and influenital in this AAR (so not at all in other words). Anyways, if the Annionas can rise to power in Tianxia's Austria, then I can see the Karlings doing the same in Gallia.
Maybe there'd be a Norse/Malian separatist movement involved too.
Maybe those Malian separatists would want to join Mauritania, lead by the Malian Spirit Guaradians. It makes sense that the Spirit Guardians would rule over Mauritania, seeing as how to how they controlled Mauritania before the Reich incorporated it and last time I heard still have estates in the now mostly greek Mauritania. This Mauritanian theocracy would be bordered by a Carthaginian Empire as well, which it'd have mostly good relations with.
Dandolo could try to ally with or destroy the Republic of Venice, with his AI decision weighted towards destroy (because irony).
I'm really not sure how'd that work in Tianxia? I mean, the Dandoloi are Venetian nobility, why wouldn't they be the doges of Veince already?

As for his title of Doux in Volkerschalt, maybe that was a nickname got in this AAR's timeline during his governor ship of Venice, sort of like Huey Long's actual nickname of "the Kingfish". As a result, "the Doux" would just be Nicholos' nickname and not his landed title, not unlike Angelos' epithet "the Volksfuher". This could be a very different story in Tianxia tho, I guess the Republic of Venice's head of state will be called "the Doux".

I just remembered that besides Tianxia and Volkerschalt, we have a third Kaiserreich/Fuhrerreich we don't talk much about. This timeline is about an alternate Chinese-Roman stalemate if you need a reminder. Right now I don't have any ideas for its geopolitical climate, but I do think we should give it a distinctive name at least. How does Valhalla work? We can probally come up with a better name that fits the timeline, but its the best I could come up with.

I've got ideas for your story arcs if you're open to them. I'm adapting some of this this from the ideas @Sumireko Usami suggested in Dragoon's Khitan mega-campaign for future Dragoon mega-campaigns, here's the link to the original post if your interested. Just thought'd throwing that out there and give Usami credit he deserves for these ideas.:)
I know these storyarcs already have some Worm forshadowing in a few places in this AAR (especially in the Ouroboros updates), but I was thinking that we could introduce a Worm Cult in the 2020s arc to serve as reoccurring antagonists, once Sentiental is defeated of course. If X-Division is still active by then, I was thinking they'd team up with the Inquisition to defeat the Worm Cult, along the way coming into contact with Sol Invictus and maybe even Shroud Cults that would be opposed to the Worm worshipers. Obliviously the goal of the Worm cult would to create the Holy Terran Empire in the Hohenzollernverse by spreading the messenger virus to humanity, they might even try to engineer a nuclear war to make humanity susceptible to the Worm's influence. What do you think of this idea zen? This probally won't work with whatever you've got in mind for the 2020s, but I hope you appreciate some of my suggestions.:)

I know you've said you won't do summaries for Infinity War and Endgame, but if you were to give them different titles what would they be? I personally can't think of anything for Endgame, but I think Infinity Crusade would be a good alternate title for Infinity War. I mean, it was the name of a sequel to the Infinity War and Infinity Gauntlet comic events, so I think its appropriate.

I know that the Watchers were already included in OTL's Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (they showed up in a Stan Lee camero too.:p) but if you were to give them a role in Phase 4, what would it be? While we're at it, what would the Living Tribunal be up to in Phase 4? I know this would be kinda werid with the Earth-centric Dark Reign plotline we're going for based off our Phase 4 notes, but we could have an Annihilation based cosmic subplot concurrent with the Dark Reign storyline and the Secret Invasions, like how that Phase 4 Reddit post I shared suggested. In additon to Annihilus, can we possibly fit Beyonder and Galactus somewhere in there? I'm not sure.

Since Doctor Doom will be in Phase 4, does that mean Kang the Conqueror could be a phase 5 villian or something? We haven't really disscused Marvel phases after 4 have we. I suppose Phase 4 could be one big and long phase (over the entirety of the 2020s and maybe even early 2030s) and would be the last phase in the MCU I guess.

Last edited:

I couldn't help but keep it in. It was too good to be taken out.
She was a great Ancient One indeed, even if she isn't accurate to her comic counterpart (tho that's kind of resonable given how profiable the Chinese market is to Hollywood and China's stance on Tibetan independence). Her death in particular was well done.

That said, Ken Watanabe is a good pick for the Ancient One. I guess China no longer being a military dictatorship does allow a comic accurate Ancient One to be depicted here.
The only reason the Ancient One's character was changed was because of the current Chinese-Tibetan relationship, which never existed in this timeline. So I'm now free to depict the Ancient One as comic accurate as I want.
I also thought Kaecilius was an interesting villain here. I like how, like Malekith, he was given some sympathic traits. I like how he betrayed Maw and willingly accepted Dormammu taking him in, sort of like a graceful admission of defeat.
It also opens up the possibility of his return in a sequel.
I'm a bit curios tho, since Mads Mikkelsen doesn't play Kaecilus here, who plays him instead here? Regardless, I hope Benedict Cumberbatch still plays Strange here, he really fits the role.:D
I didn't think of that, I just wanted to free up Mads Mikkelsen to potentially play Doom. The other casting choice I had was Nikolaj Coster-Waldau.

Benedict Cumberbatch should still play Strange, but ideally with his British accent. While I have nothing wrong with the American accent, Strange didn't have to be an American for his story to make sense.
I think Osterhild married a Karling if my memory of her bio serves me right, so the Karlings are indeed still around, tho they're likely as relevant and influenital in this AAR (so not at all in other words). Anyways, if the Annionas can rise to power in Tianxia's Austria, then I can see the Karlings doing the same in Gallia.
Sure.
Maybe those Malian separatists would want to join Mauritania, lead by the Malian Spirit Guaradians. It makes sense that the Spirit Guardians would rule over Mauritania, seeing as how to how they controlled Mauritania before the Reich incorporated it and last time I heard still have estates in the now mostly greek Mauritania. This Mauritanian theocracy would be bordered by a Carthaginian Empire as well, which it'd have mostly good relations with.
The Carthaginian Empire wouldn't really have much land and would very quickly be partitioned between the Spirit Guardians and Egypt.
I'm really not sure how'd that work in Tianxia? I mean, the Dandoloi are Venetian nobility, why wouldn't they be the doges of Veince already?
The doge was a sort-of democratically elected position, since Venice was a republic. The Dandolos only became doges relatively briefly in Venice's long history and stopped being them after a new one was elected. And the title of doge was returned to the Kaiser (as doux) to hand out to a feudal ruler after Venice's conquest, so the Dandolos could not be elected to it.
As for his title of Doux in Volkerschalt, maybe that was a nickname got in this AAR's timeline during his governor ship of Venice, sort of like Huey Long's actual nickname of "the Kingfish". As a result, "the Doux" would just be Nicholos' nickname and not his landed title, not unlike Angelos' epithet "the Volksfuher". This could be a very different story in Tianxia tho, I guess the Republic of Venice's head of state will be called "the Doux".
Fair enough.
I just remembered that besides Tianxia and Volkerschalt, we have a third Kaiserreich/Fuhrerreich we don't talk much about. This timeline is about an alternate Chinese-Roman stalemate if you need a reminder. Right now I don't have any ideas for its geopolitical climate, but I do think we should give it a distinctive name at least. How does Valhalla work? We can probally come up with a better name that fits the timeline, but its the best I could come up with.
I don't think Valhalla works as the emphasis is on a stalemated political climate where everything is on a rickety foundation that could collapse at any moment. I don't know what other name to give it though.
I've got ideas for your story arcs if you're open to them. I'm adapting some of this this from the ideas @Sumireko Usami suggested in Dragoon's Khitan mega-campaign for future Dragoon mega-campaigns, here's the link to the original post if your interested. Just thought'd throwing that out there and give Usami credit he deserves for these ideas.:)
I know these storyarcs already have some Worm forshadowing in a few places in this AAR (especially in the Ouroboros updates), but I was thinking that we could introduce a Worm Cult in the 2020s arc to serve as reoccurring antagonists, once Sentiental is defeated of course. If X-Division is still active by then, I was thinking they'd team up with the Inquisition to defeat the Worm Cult, along the way coming into contact with Sol Invictus and maybe even Shroud Cults that would be opposed to the Worm worshipers. Obliviously the goal of the Worm cult would to create the Holy Terran Empire in the Hohenzollernverse by spreading the messenger virus to humanity, they might even try to engineer a nuclear war to make humanity susceptible to the Worm's influence. What do you think of this idea zen? This probally won't work with whatever you've got in mind for the 2020s, but I hope you appreciate some of my suggestions.:)
I'm not spoiling anything, but you will be pleased by my Inquisition chapters in the final X-Division story arc.
I know you've said you won't do summaries for Infinity War and Endgame, but if you were to give them different titles what would they be? I personally can't think of anything for Endgame, but I think Infinity Crusade would be a good alternate title for Infinity War. I mean, it was the name of a sequel to the Infinity War and Infinity Gauntlet comic events, so I think its appropriate.
Maybe Avengers: Infinity and Avengers Disassembled? Leading into Avengers 5 being New Avengers. The current joke summaries still have the original names though.
I know that the Watchers were already included in OTL's Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (they showed up in a Stan Lee camero too.:p) but if you were to give them a role in Phase 4, what would it be? While we're at it, what would the Living Tribunal be up to in Phase 4? I know this would be kinda werid with the Earth-centric Dark Reign plotline we're going for based off our Phase 4 notes, but we could have an Annihilation based cosmic subplot concurrent with the Dark Reign storyline and the Secret Invasions, like how that Phase 4 Reddit post I shared suggested. In additon to Annihilus, can we possibly fit Beyonder and Galactus somewhere in there? I'm not sure.
I don't know about the Watchers or Living Tribunal, but an Annihilation cosmic arc running alongside Dark Reign (with Galactus as a looming threat) and a mystic arc centering on Doctor Strange and Scarlet Witch sounds really cool.
Since Doctor Doom will be in Phase 4, does that mean Kang the Conqueror could be a phase 5 villian or something? We haven't really disscused Marvel phases after 4 have we. I suppose Phase 4 could be one big and long phase (over the entirety of the 2020s and maybe even early 2030s) and would be the last phase in the MCU I guess.
Last phase? The MCU could possibly sustain itself indefinitely with the amount of source material they have. But I think Kang the Conqueror would be the next Thanos, tying together the cosmic and grounded arcs in Phase 5 with setup in 4.

I didn't think of that, I just wanted to free up Mads Mikkelsen to potentially play Doom. The other casting choice I had was Nikolaj Coster-Waldau.
Nikolaj Coster-Waldau would be a good choice for Doom, or at least a younger Doom in the first Fantastic Four movie in Phase 4. If you’re going for an older Doom, assuming the Fantastic Four aren’t the same physical age in the present that they were in the sixties (like Captain America), then Mad Mikkelsen would be great. As for actors for Kaecilus, I don’t know either, but I think Lance Henriksen or Ed Harris could be good actors for Norman Osborn.
Since Vladimir Putin has taken Keanu Reeves place in the Hohenzollernverse’s pop culture, what character should he play in Phase 4? I was thinking of making him Kaecilus’ actor, but I think we can give Putin a more important role than him.:D
I don't think Valhalla works as the emphasis is on a stalemated political climate where everything is on a rickety foundation that could collapse at any moment. I don't know what other name to give it though.
Alright then, In that case I think Sword of Damocles would make a great name for that timeline. This could also work for this TTL’s Darkest Hour (the paradox game, not the WW2 biopic.:p) since I know it focuses on the Cold War in TTL, but I think we can call DH Iron Curtain, like how we named Victoria Franz Joesph and call it a day.

Speaking of Paradox titles, what other names can we pick for them? Crusader Kings sounds good even with CK2’s different timeframe to OTL (632-1236), but Europa Universails doesn’t really make sense here given that their aren’t many other European Empires besides the Reich, tho this is a pretty easy fix, just change “Europa” to Imperial and we’re good. We could change it to “Uber Alles” as a clear reference to this AAR’s EU4 chapters, but Imperial Universails gets across what it’s about more clearly. We’ve already talked about Vicky and Darkest Hour, which leaves us with Hearts of Iron. Granted, HOI could work well as it is, but I was thinking this could be where we could incorporate the Valhalla title instead, it’s a pretty appropriate title for war based strategy game like HOI. We can also name it “Gotterdamerung” like this AAR’s HOI3 segment, either works well.:D

Moving on to other paradox stuff I’d like to discuss, with this CK2’s timeframe of 632-1236, what would the Iron Century bookmark be like here. I guess it could be the same, focusing on the establishment of the Holy Roman Empire given how important it is to the Reich’s history, but I’d prefer to have a bookmark that expands on CK2’s timeframe rather than go to a period in between it. Maybe we can go with Hereaclius, before @spendabuck convinced you to go with the 632 Rise of Islam, this was TTL’s CK2 earliest start date, so we might go with this. Granted it’s not that unique from the Rise of Islam start decades later, so I’m not sure. @TWR97 might’ve also suggested potential CK2 bookmarks in one of his Mass Effect updates, I’ll send the link to that so you can double check.
I could bring up Justinian as a possible start date in CK2, but I’m pretty sure that WTWSMS is its own, official paradox strategy game here. If you’re interested, here’s the link to that particular discussion, you’re even welcome to add it to the table of contents if you think it warrants it.

I’ve got more ideas for Tianxia I wish to share with you; starting off with Britain, Britannia, ruled by the Godwinsons, would start Tianxia immediately at war with Scandinavia, who have already occupied Caledonia and have a good chance of winning the invasion of Britain. However, if Britannia manages to beat back the invasion, an event will trigger causing a cease fire between Britain and Scandinavia, very similar to that Chinese-Japanese cease fire event in OTL HOI4 when Japan is runned out of mainland Asia. Afterwards, Britannia then has a few interesting choices it can do, one of which is forming the Albion Empire. It can do this one of two ways, peaceful cooperation and unification with its neighbors (Hibernia, Wales, Caledonia, Brittany and Normandy) or aggressive annexation of them, both paths affecting Albion quite significantly (think democratic but militarily weak democracy on the diplomatic path with a lot of political power points or a military dictatorship in the aggressive option) Either way, the Empire of Albion will develop some rivalry with Gallia die to proximity, tho relations will be more tense if Albion is a dictatorship.

India would be broken up in the same way as OTL Kaiserreich, but with ideologies mixed up. Eastern India, or Bengal, would be a Chinese puppet state, just like how it wa after HOI3, but this time it sticks more. Southern India would be controlled by a Dravidian Socialist Republic, because we don’t have enough Equalist countries here.:p Finally, there’d be the Rajput Empire in the west, a revanchist state hell bent on restorating Indian glory (so basically Rasa India, but with no Gandhi or Bose as leaders). It’d be similar to Valkist Germany in Fuherreich, in that it’d be werdly egalitarian in some places. As for Pakistan and Afghanistan, there still controled by Turkestan, much to Persia and the Rajputs’ charign.

I might get to work on some Tianxia and Volkerschalt interludes, but before them I’ve got a Sabaton song rewrite to post soon, stay tuned for that.:)

Last edited:
Nikolaj Coster-Waldau would be a good choice for Doom, or at least a younger Doom in the first Fantastic Four movie in Phase 4. If you’re going for an older Doom, assuming the Fantastic Four aren’t the same physical age in the present that they were in the sixties (like Captain America), then Mad Mikkelsen would be great. As for actors for Kaecilus, I don’t know either, but I think Lance Henriksen or Ed Harris could be good actors for Norman Osborn.
We could have Nikolaj as the younger 60s-era Doom and Mads Mikkelsen as the present day Doom. Ed Harris might be a good choice for Osborn, although I always liked Willem Dafoe after the first Raimi Spider-Man movie (may not fit with the Osborn I envisioned, but still).
Since Vladimir Putin has taken Keanu Reeves place in the Hohenzollernverse’s pop culture, what character should he play in Phase 4? I was thinking of making him Kaecilus’ actor, but I think we can give Putin a more important role than him.:D
Two words. Silver. Surfer.

Although I think he was just cast in the new Eternals movie?
Alright then, In that case I think Sword of Damocles would make a great name for that timeline. This could also work for this TTL’s Darkest Hour (the paradox game, not the WW2 biopic.:p) since I know it focuses on the Cold War in TTL, but I think we can call DH Iron Curtain, like how we named Victoria Franz Joesph and call it a day.
Cool.
Speaking of Paradox titles, what other names can we pick for them? Crusader Kings sounds good even with CK2’s different timeframe to OTL (632-1236), but Europa Universails doesn’t really make sense here given that their aren’t many other European Empires besides the Reich, tho this is a pretty easy fix, just change “Europa” to Imperial and we’re good. We could change it to “Uber Alles” as a clear reference to this AAR’s EU4 chapters, but Imperial Universails gets across what it’s about more clearly. We’ve already talked about Vicky and Darkest Hour, which leaves us with Hearts of Iron. Granted, HOI could work well as it is, but I was thinking this could be where we could incorporate the Valhalla title instead, it’s a pretty appropriate title for war based strategy game like HOI. We can also name it “Gotterdamerung” like this AAR’s HOI3 segment, either works well.:D
CK could become Divine Right, to mirror the divine right of kings that became common in the medieval era. EU could be Imperial Universalis. Valhalla sounds like a good name for HOI, although Gotterdammerung works too (if it isn't used as a DLC name).
Moving on to other paradox stuff I’d like to discuss, with this CK2’s timeframe of 632-1236, what would the Iron Century bookmark be like here. I guess it could be the same, focusing on the establishment of the Holy Roman Empire given how important it is to the Reich’s history, but I’d prefer to have a bookmark that expands on CK2’s timeframe rather than go to a period in between it. Maybe we can go with Hereaclius, before @spendabuck convinced you to go with the 632 Rise of Islam, this was TTL’s CK2 earliest start date, so we might go with this. Granted it’s not that unique from the Rise of Islam start decades later, so I’m not sure. @TWR97 might’ve also suggested potential CK2 bookmarks in one of his Mass Effect updates, I’ll send the link to that so you can double check.
I could bring up Justinian as a possible start date in CK2, but I’m pretty sure that WTWSMS is its own, official paradox strategy game here. If you’re interested, here’s the link to that particular discussion, you’re even welcome to add it to the table of contents if you think it warrants it.
What about a Justinian start date? That mirrors what Iron Century does with establishing the HRE in Justinian and Belisarius attempting to restore the old Roman empire.
I’ve got more ideas for Tianxia I wish to share with you; starting off with Britain, Britannia, ruled by the Godwinsons, would start Tianxia immediately at war with Scandinavia, who have already occupied Caledonia and have a good chance of winning the invasion of Britain. However, if Britannia manages to beat back the invasion, an event will trigger causing a cease fire between Britain and Scandinavia, very similar to that Chinese-Japanese cease fire event in OTL HOI4 when Japan is runned out of mainland Asia. Afterwards, Britannia then has a few interesting choices it can do, one of which is forming the Albion Empire. It can do this one of two ways, peaceful cooperation and unification with its neighbors (Hibernia, Wales, Caledonia, Brittany and Normandy) or aggressive annexation of them, both paths affecting Albion quite significantly (think democratic but militarily weak democracy on the diplomatic path with a lot of political power points or a military dictatorship in the aggressive option) Either way, the Empire of Albion will develop some rivalry with Gallia die to proximity, tho relations will be more tense if Albion is a dictatorship.
There should also be a chance for the other Britannian noble families (Angevin, de Normandie, de Bachamont) to take the throne or for a republic (military dictatorship or true democracy) to be established.
India would be broken up in the same way as OTL Kaiserreich, but with ideologies mixed up. Eastern India, or Bengal, would be a Chinese puppet state, just like how it wa after HOI3, but this time it sticks more. Southern India would be controlled by a Dravidian Socialist Republic, because we don’t have enough Equalist countries here.:p Finally, there’d be the Rajput Empire in the west, a revanchist state hell bent on restorating Indian glory (so basically Rasa India, but with no Gandhi or Bose as leaders). It’d be similar to Valkist Germany in Fuherreich, in that it’d be werdly egalitarian in some places. As for Pakistan and Afghanistan, there still controled by Turkestan, much to Persia and the Rajputs’ charign.
Turkestan could also attempt to restore the Ghaznavid Empire and get an event chain to fight Persia much like the Egypt vs Ottomans event chain in KR.

Two words. Silver. Surfer.

Although I think he was just cast in the new Eternals movie?
Keanu Reeves is playing the Siliver Surfur? I didn't know that, well now I know I'm looking forward to the Eternals movie just because of Keanu Reeves, I'm sure the movie will be breathtaking.:p

Anyway, I know you've got your biograhies set and won't do anymore at this point, but do you think Vladimir Putin has enough material for a biography post? I mean, his time in the KGB is a nice justapositon to his acting carrier, but I'm pretty sure his filmography and carrier would be excatly the same as the real Keanu Reeves and thus won't have many divergences from Keanu's experince in the movie industry. I don't know, regardless I'm sure a Putin biography would be fun. I reallly liked Siegfried's biography. so I think another biography about a Babelsburg star would be nice, even if it won't happen.
What about a Justinian start date? That mirrors what Iron Century does with establishing the HRE in Justinian and Belisarius attempting to restore the old Roman empire.
I just explained that WTWSTMS is its own paradox game in my previous post, thus the Justinian start date won't happen in CK2 since its already in WTWSTMS. I do agree that it would make for a nice bookmark, even if it won't happen.
Turkestan could also attempt to restore the Ghaznavid Empire and get an event chain to fight Persia much like the Egypt vs Ottomans event chain in KR.
Sounds right. I also want to add that the Paramarens would flee and establish themselves in East Africa, just like they did in Vicky 2 and HOI3. It would be bordered by Sudafrika and Lonango to its south and west and Abyssinna in the North, who wants to invade East Africa with Egyptian support. East Africa will deal with some native insurgencies in as well, like a Mupta insurgecy in the south (that Sudafrika has to deal with as well) and several rebellions in the interior.

I should mention that in Tianxia, its possible for any country in Spain, North Africa and the Middle east to go through an Islamic revival and establish a Muslim nation. Berbers in the Spirit Guardians can take control of the order and trasnstion it from a Malian to a Muslium Holy Order. Meanwhile in Arabia, it can establish an Abasid (Sunni) or Fatmid (Shia) Caliphates if it wishes to go tho an Islamic Restorian (it'll stay Jewish otherwise). I could list more examples, like if Mespotmia breakes free from Persian rule it then has the choice of inviting the Ottomens back to rule Mesopotamia or stay Jewish, but if I listed all of them, we'd be here all day. So essentially it’s possible for an Islamic resurgence to happen in Tianxia, not unlike the Pagan Resurgence that ended Islamic civilization in the first place.

Given that in Volkerschalt, the Reich would be too preoccupied with its civil war to be focused on external wars, I think the main focus of Volkerschalt's WW2 should be a war between India and the National Union of China instead. The thing is that Volkerschalt India is very overpowered as it is, so it needs the National Union of China to balance it out. Of course, the NUC (that's a weird acronym, I know) with its massive population will have a few tricks up its slevles to keep the war an even fight. Plus, this gives the rest of the Sinophere, lead by the Ming exiles in Fusang, to intervene in case India starts to lose, just like the Entente with Germany in Kaiserreich.

As for Tianxia, to be honest, I don't think a World War would work there. Based off our previous notes, China doesn't really have anyone to dispuite its title as the world superpower. It has a lot of enemies, sure, but no one to really challenge it. The only way I can think of to balance this hegemony would be to give China its own civil war, but it has the same problem you said a Chinese Civil War would have in HOI (in that, because of the AI's incompetence in naval battle, it'd quickly become stalemated once the mainland fighting stops, putting the overseas provinces in perputal war). Regardless, I don't think a World War would happen in Tianxia, but we'd instead see several smaller wars around the world, like (obviously) several conflicts in the former Reich, or a Pan Eimerican War between the Meskwaki, Mexica (lead by Aztecatl Party) and Twantisuyu (who owns all of South Eimerica and the UPM, since it annexed Neurhomania and Mittleimerica never became independent).

Anyways, here's the Sabaton rewrite I promised. I got inspired to rewrite this song after I read about the Mayan volenteers that fought for the Reich in HOI3, I really wanted to reflect that here. I'll get to work on the Volkerschalt/Tianxia interludes after this. Hope you enjoy this.:)

-
Aces in Exile
The Aerial Battle of Greece was an air campaign of the Angeloi Luftwaffe (Vim Aeris) in World War Two during the spring of 1940 to the summer of 1941, with bomb attacks against loyalist military and cities to destroy loyalist forces or at least weaken their ability to resist the Angeloi advance. Not least because of voluntary pilots from different foreign nations, the Imperium sufferd heavy casualties and eventually ceased most aerial operations after the battle of Constantinople. Apart from Turkestan (No. 303 Turkish Fighter Squadron), Afghanistan/Zabulistan (No. 310 Squadron) and Mayapan (No. 401 Squadron RMAF), seven other nations took part in this battle (Neurhomania, Mittleimerica, Mayapan, Kanata/Norway, Tsarist Russia, Finland, Lithuania, Creek and East Africa)
300px-Battle_of_britain_air_observer.jpg

An Observer Corps spotter scans the skies of Athens (Acropolis not pictured).

About 20% of the pilots who took in the battle were from non Roman countries. The Kaiserliche Luftwaffe roll of honor for the Battle of Greece recognize 2,084 non Roman pilots (out of 10,420) who participated in the battle. Many of these pilots, some of whom had to flee their home country because of Axis (or Soviet) invasions or volunteered before fascist take over of their countries, fought with great distinction. The No. 303 Turkish Fighter Squadron for example was not just the highest scoring of the Hurricane Squadrons during the Battle of Greece (after Mayapan, who made up the bulk of the Volunteers, Afganistan and Neurhomania) but also had the highest ratio of enemy aircraft destroyed to their own loses.

Kaiser Otto honored the pilots in New Year’s Day, 1942, in a speech with this: "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."

In the skies above Graecia
Aces In Exile prevail!

From near and far they arrived join the force
Ready to serve the Loyalist command
Sent in the training, though they already earned their wings
They were ready to fly they were fit for the fight
Once in the air the battle began
They had proven their worth now they fight for revenge

Fighter pilots in exile fly for foreign land
Let the story be heard, tell of 303
Fighter pilots of Turkestan in the battle of Greece
Guarding the skies of the Reich

Even at night shadows cover the ground
Fighting goes on from dusk till dawn
With the claw of the Imperium, with the claws of the eagle!
They were Ready to fight, they were ready to die
Up in the air, the battle goes on
They had proven their worth now they have their revenge

Tell the story again to the 310
Men of Zabulistan in the battle of Greece

Over the battlefield brave man long way from home
You are the chosen ones sent to the sky to die
Over the battlefield brave man long way from home
You are the chosen ones sent to the sky to die

Oh fly – it echoes in history
Turning the tides in the heavens above

When the battle’s been won, tell of 401
Fighter pilots of Mayapan in the battle of Greece

On wings of history they turn from home
To live eternally sky bound they roam
In all of history, never before
Was more owed to so few

Fighter pilot in exile!

-

I thought I should include Neurhomania of participating nations even if its not its own country, I imagine they'd send significant amounts of volunteers anyway, even under Twantinsuyan occupation. It won't go in the actual lyrics, since I've got to fit Mayapan in it, but I thought it deserved a mention anyways, hence why its in the historical background section.

Last edited:
Anyway, I know you've got your biograhies set and won't do anymore at this point, but do you think Vladimir Putin has enough material for a biography post? I mean, his time in the KGB is a nice justapositon to his acting carrier, but I'm pretty sure his filmography and carrier would be excatly the same as the real Keanu Reeves and thus won't have many divergences from Keanu's experince in the movie industry. I don't know, regardless I'm sure a Putin biography would be fun. I reallly liked Siegfried's biography. so I think another biography about a Babelsburg star would be nice, even if it won't happen.
Not really. His prewar life would be exactly like Putin's and postwar would be exactly like Keanu Reeves. I already had enough trouble with the Stalin biography for that very reason (combining a pope's bio with Stalin's early life).
I just explained that WTWSTMS is its own paradox game in my previous post, thus the Justinian start date won't happen in CK2 since its already in WTWSTMS. I do agree that it would make for a nice bookmark, even if it won't happen.
Yeah, I'm really out of ideas in that area.
Sounds right. I also want to add that the Paramarens would flee and establish themselves in East Africa, just like they did in Vicky 2 and HOI3. It would be bordered by Sudafrika and Lonango to its south and west and Abyssinna in the North, who wants to invade East Africa with Egyptian support. East Africa will deal with some native insurgencies in as well, like a Mupta insurgecy in the south (that Sudafrika has to deal with as well) and several rebellions in the interior.
Also some pan-African rebels who want unification with Abyssinia.
I should mention that in Tianxia, its possible for any country in Spain, North Africa and the Middle east to go through an Islamic revival and establish a Muslim nation. Berbers in the Spirit Guardians can take control of the order and trasnstion it from a Malian to a Muslium Holy Order. Meanwhile in Arabia, it can establish an Abasid (Sunni) or Fatmid (Shia) Caliphates if it wishes to go tho an Islamic Restorian (it'll stay Jewish otherwise). I could list more examples, like if Mespotmia breakes free from Persian rule it then has the choice of inviting the Ottomens back to rule Mesopotamia or stay Jewish, but if I listed all of them, we'd be here all day. So essentially it’s possible for an Islamic resurgence to happen in Tianxia, not unlike the Pagan Resurgence that ended Islamic civilization in the first place.
That would be cool.
Given that in Volkerschalt, the Reich would be too preoccupied with its civil war to be focused on external wars, I think the main focus of Volkerschalt's WW2 should be a war between India and the National Union of China instead. The thing is that Volkerschalt India is very overpowered as it is, so it needs the National Union of China to balance it out. Of course, the NUC (that's a weird acronym, I know) with its massive population will have a few tricks up its slevles to keep the war an even fight. Plus, this gives the rest of the Sinophere, lead by the Ming exiles in Fusang, to intervene in case India starts to lose, just like the Entente with Germany in Kaiserreich.
I've got nothing else to add, this sounds great.
As for Tianxia, to be honest, I don't think a World War would work there. Based off our previous notes, China doesn't really have anyone to dispuite its title as the world superpower. It has a lot of enemies, sure, but no one to really challenge it. The only way I can think of to balance this hegemony would be to give China its own civil war, but it has the same problem you said a Chinese Civil War would have in HOI (in that, because of the AI's incompetence in naval battle, it'd quickly become stalemated once the mainland fighting stops, putting the overseas provinces in perputal war). Regardless, I don't think a World War would happen in Tianxia, but we'd instead see several smaller wars around the world, like (obviously) several conflicts in the former Reich, or a Pan Eimerican War between the Meskwaki, Mexica (lead by Aztecatl Party) and Twantisuyu (who owns all of South Eimerica and the UPM, since it annexed Neurhomania and Mittleimerica never became independent).
There should still be a chance for a unified Reich to form a coalition to take down China once all of those wars are resolved.

I know you never mentioned him in Victoria 2's "World at War" updates, but does Manfred von Richthofen (the Red Baron) still exist here? I think he would, he is german after all. I can see most of his dogfights happening in Siam or North Eimerica, I feel like there would've been be alot of aerial combat there in WW1. Now I'm picturing him dying in China towards the end of the war and then getting burried by the Chinnese with full miltary honors, basically like how he died and the Allies burried him in real life.
Also, did the Reich use Zeppelins much in WW1? I mean, the Reich didn't lose WW1, so I can see Zepplins still seeing some use until the 20s, they'd probally be retired after the Kantan Civil War tho.

I forgot to mention this when I discussed Tianxia India, but in addition to its puppet in Bengal, China would directly Sire Lanka and the Maldives, just like they did in HOI3/early Cold War In NWO.

Another piece of lore I’ll add to Tianxia Italy; of the Aquila Republic becomes a monarchy, it’ll change its name to the Kingdom of Magna Graecia, I thought that’d make sense.

I actually got a couple rewrite of Iron Maiden songs you never got around to adding to the table of contents. There on the same page right next to each other, on Page #135, you you shouldn’t miss it once I post one link here. Sorry I didn’t tell you before, I forgot myself a long time ago, that’s an oops on my part.:p:oops:

I know you never mentioned him in Victoria 2's "World at War" updates, but does Manfred von Richthofen (the Red Baron) still exist here? I think he would, he is german after all. I can see most of his dogfights happening in Siam or North Eimerica, I feel like there would've been be alot of aerial combat there in WW1. Now I'm picturing him dying in China towards the end of the war and then getting burried by the Chinnese with full miltary honors, basically like how he died and the Allies burried him in real life.
He probably did, seeing as I had an aircraft carrier (one of the Enterprise equivalents) named after him. But he wasn't relevant to the story.
Also, did the Reich use Zeppelins much in WW1? I mean, the Reich didn't lose WW1, so I can see Zepplins still seeing some use until the 20s, they'd probally be retired after the Kantan Civil War tho.
Mostly for reconnoissance, not for bombing.
I forgot to mention this when I discussed Tianxia India, but in addition to its puppet in Bengal, China would directly Sire Lanka and the Maldives, just like they did in HOI3/early Cold War In NWO.
Definitely. They'd also take the other Indian Ocean islands as bases to project power into Africa.
Another piece of lore I’ll add to Tianxia Italy; of the Aquila Republic becomes a monarchy, it’ll change its name to the Kingdom of Magna Graecia, I thought that’d make sense.
Give them claims on all of Italy and most of the Balkans too.

Guardians of the Galaxy, Volume 2

The Guardians recover a set of batteries in a battle with a monster. When they are returned to the leaders of Sovereign, one of the older civilizations of the universe, it is revealed the Guardians and another small group of Ravagers, led by Stakar (Arnold Schwarzenegger) and Yondu, have been competing back and forth to find these batteries scattered across the cosmos for substantial bounty rewards.

Sovereign, fearing the whispers across the cosmos about Thanos’ atrocities (with the Black Order shown in footage on TV), have been working on building a weapon called Warlock, fueled by these batteries. Ayesha calls the two groups together and explains these rival groups will have to work together for final piece of their mission. The last hoard of batteries they need to complete the project are being held by a notorious thief named Ego. Through their reactions, it is clear Stakar and Yondu have a history with Ego. Reluctantly, the Guardians and Ravagers work together to find Ego. As “incentive,” the Sovereign hand over a captured Nebula to the Guardians.

Yondu tells Peter they had been partners in the past, but Ego was unreliable and treacherous. However as they work their way through his lair, the Guardians and Ravagers get separated. Ego reveals himself to the Guardians and gives them a counter-offer. Ego says he has learned from a source that Sovereign, fiercely isolationist, has no intention of using Warlock to defend the rest of the galaxy from Thanos. He proposes the Guardians help him steal the batteries from Sovereign and the plans for Warlock and get them to Xandar to actually do some good against Thanos. Obviously the Guardians are hesitant to agree to this, but Ego turns on the charm and appeals to each of them directly. For Rocket and Groot, Ego says the payoff in selling the batteries and plans to Xandar will double their current profits. For Drax, Ego says something like Warlock in the hands of the Nova Corp will help protect the innocents of the Galaxy and prevent Thanos from killing more families like Drax’s. For Gamora and Nebula (who had been arguing with each other up to this point), it’s a chance to stick it to Thanos. Peter is the only one on the edge, at which point Ego drops: “Peter, I’m your father.” Also, Ego is sick, and his cut of the loot will be a share of the batteries which he believes can cure him. The Ravagers show up, and in a snap decision, Peter and the Guardians open fire on them, escaping the planet and throwing their lot in with Ego. In the fight, Yondu has a clear shot at Peter, but he doesn’t take it. Instead, he warns Peter not to trust Ego before leaving.

The Guardians piece together a plan to steal the batteries back from their former employers. Peter shares with Gamora a story about how he always claimed his father was David Hasselhoff and got into fights with kids who challenged him about where his dad was. Gamora encourages him to give Ego a chance. Peter confronts his father with questions about how he could have left Peter and his mother behind on a planet that would soon be destroyed by a massive war. Ego admits he was afraid. He is a thief and a con-artist, and he truly loved Peter’s mother, but he wasn’t ready to leave his life behind. The idea of Peter coming along scared him, along with all of the responsibility of being a father, and he ran from it. But he’s older now, he’s changed, and he wants to be a part of his son’s life before it’s too late. Peter starts to cry. He’s already lost one parent, and just having found this new one, he doesn’t want to lose him too. At this point, Ego confides to Peter something he can’t tell the rest of the crew: he doesn’t just need some of the batteries, he needs all of them if he wants to be cured. It means keeping this secret from the other Guardians, and eventually screwing them over, but Peter now loves his father and keeps quiet. If something happens in the heist, Ego gives Peter coordinates to rendezvous. By now, the Ravagers have made their way back to Sovereign and are preparing for the inevitable attempted theft of the batteries by the Guardians. Stakar scolds Yondu for letting Peter go, telling him Yondu needs to get his priorities sorted out.

The plans come together, and the Guardians pull off the heist from Sovereign's vaults, with the Ravagers in hot pursuit. Peter and Ego are holding onto the loot and making their way towards their ship, with the Guardians following and giving covering fire. Peter and Ego load the loot onboard, and Ego tells Peter, “You can come with me.” Peter, not fully understanding, says he has to go out and rescue his friends first. Ego hesitates, looking back at Peter, but as he leaves the doors to the ship close behind him. He tells Peter "Earth wasn't destroyed" and then takes off, leaving the Guardians stranded. What follows is an intense firefight through the streets of Sovereign, with the Ravagers leading local forces and starting to corner the wildly outgunned Guardians. They hole up in a cafe to make a last stand. Stakar and Yondu get the jump on Peter, and Stakar is about to kill him when Yondu incapacitates Stakar. Yondu tells Peter the full story, that he’d taken in Peter as a favor to Ego, but when he arrived at the spot to make the trade, Ego never showed up. Pitying Peter and unwilling to just dump him, Yondu raised Peter as his own. When Peter asks about Ego’s illness, Yondu looks confused for a moment, then sad, telling Peter there is no illness: it's just another one of Ego’s cons. The only truth about Ego is that he is Peter's father. Yondu tells the Guardians that the Ravagers’ ship is nearby, and the group makes a break for it and steals their ship. They escape exhausted, injured, and on the run with no loot to show for it.

When Peter explains his full side of the story, the Guardians are angered, not only that he let their loot go, but that he didn’t trust them enough to tell them. Peter gets defensive, saying that he has rendezvous coordinates to go to in case they got separated, and saying they don’t know what went down with his father. Rocket points out the obvious, that Peter is in denial. Peter gets angry and turns to the other Guardians for support, but finds that they agree with Rocket. Gamora even brings up the Hasselhoff story, which just makes Peter angrier. A big part of him still believes in his dad, even in the face of the logic and the arguments from his friends. The group sees the trip as a waste of time. The group is on the verge of splitting, but when Peter storms off, it’s Drax who follows him. Yondu talks to the others. In contrast to Ego’s smooth talking, Yondu is honest and direct with them even when he stumbles over the wording. Drax, meanwhile, talks to Peter about his own family. He says that sometimes when he goes to sleep, he talks to her (which is tough for a very literal Drax to explain). When he wakes up in the morning, he reaches for his wife on the other side of the bed. He’ll panic for a moment when he can’t find her, only to remember that she is dead. He tells Peter that he thinks Peter is being fanciful, but that he would never take that dream, that possibility, of having a family away from someone. As much as it hurts, those few moments in the mornings when he thinks his wife is still there are the best parts of his day. When the two of them go back into the other room, the Guardians say they will go with Peter to the rendezvous site.

When they show up, no one is there. Peter is heartbroken, but in a homage to the end of The Life Aquatic, the shot zooms out on the other Guardians putting their hands on Peter, set to Cat Stevens’ “Father and Son”.

In a post credits scene, Thanos talks to the Black Order. "Your sisters refuse to join us," Ebony Maw says. “Fine,” Thanos replies, picking up the Infinity Gauntlet, “We'll do it without them."

You know looking back, I never understood why Thanos was never taken seriously despite having already comitted massive atrocities on the rest of the galaxy nor the other species never tried to at least prepare (Except perhaps Xandar), so props for showing Thanos being a legitimate threat to everyone here aside from just being an idle foe just sitting on his chair (As the meme went before Infinity War :p). I gotta say it's awesome that it's Arnie playing as Stackar here, gotta love role reversals between him and Stallone (Does that mean he's the lead actor in the Expendables trilogy? :D). While it's awesome Yondu's alive, the whole killing his treacherous crew in a music montage never happens. But hey at least we got Baby Groot here. Maybe Nebula and Gamorra resolving their differences too.

You know looking back, I never understood why Thanos was never taken seriously despite having already comitted massive atrocities on the rest of the galaxy nor the other species never tried to at least prepare (Except perhaps Xandar), so props for showing Thanos being a legitimate threat to everyone here aside from just being an idle foe just sitting on his chair (As the meme went before Infinity War :p). I gotta say it's awesome that it's Arnie playing as Stackar here, gotta love role reversals between him and Stallone (Does that mean he's the lead actor in the Expendables trilogy? :D). While it's awesome Yondu's alive, the whole killing his treacherous crew in a music montage never happens. But hey at least we got Baby Groot here. Maybe Nebula and Gamorra resolving their differences too.
Guess Arnie plays Rocky and Sly plays the Terminator then.:p

Nebula and Gamora do somewhat resolve their differences in this movie, as it has to set up Infinity War/Endgame, but Peter's story with Ego is given priority.

Yondu, somehow one of the best parental figures in the MCU. Still shines here, and Drax just continues to be a treat.

Yondu, somehow one of the best parental figures in the MCU. Still shines here, and Drax just continues to be a treat.
I had to make up for losing the "He may be your father, but he wasn't your daddy" moment.

Guess Arnie plays Rocky and Sly plays the Terminator then.:p
I went to check the 1980s update for a bit and nothing I found contradicts this idea, so for awhile I thought this idea could work for this TTL's Felsig and Eliminator. That was before I checked elsewhere before I found evidence in the 90s update and the X-Divison updates that Schwarzenegger still starred in Eliminator, so this idea is now impossible from a continuity perspective, what a shame.:(
Also, I’m pretty the Schwarzenegger movie Last Action Hero already did the joke of Stallone playing the Terminator, just letting you know.;)

Before I comment on this summary, I've got some things to get out of the way.
I noticed that you actualy put a Werid Al parody on the table of contents, even tho I didn't even mention it with the Iron Maiden rewrites. While I appreciate the gesture, I don't think that Werid Al song should be on the table of contents, mostly because I never got around to changing it. I only put the lyrics in so that post so that you can see what they are and so that I can have a refernce to draw back on when I actually got around to chaning it when the Prequel summaries came out, which I never got around to, because of this, there are refernces that don't fit this AAR prequel summary like Naboo and such. Most importanly, I didn't intent that post to be an interlude, I just wanted to share the idea of writing that song there and leave a a potential note for the future. Therefore, I think its best you remove that Weird Al song, espically since I've got more detailed interludes coming up. That said, I might adapt a Werid Al song in the future, just not in the immediate future.

Another Tianxia idea I came up with would have the Free cities in Germania serve as Tianxia's equilvent of KR's legation cities. Of course, with the Free Cities being what they are, they'd probably be quickly annexed by bigger states in Germany like Prussia, Austria, the Rhine or the Alpine Republic (Helvetica), among other German states.

As for this Guardians Volume 2 summary, I enjoy it. Ego may be completely different from OTL, but I think this change fits the movie's themes better. Of course, we did unfortunately lose out on the Yondu funeral, I loved that scene in OTL's Guardians 2. At least we got even more character development for Quill and the Guardians, especially with that dialogue between Quill and Drax at the end there, that was nice.

Anyway, here's my first Völkerschlacht interlude, adapted from the "World of Kaiserreich" YouTube series if you're interested. I hope you find this take on the Völkerschlacht's Roman Civil War very interesting.:D
Not long ago, the Roman Reich was a proud and mighty nation, having stood as a beacon of civilization and harmony for a century. With the prospitiy of the Imperial Century of the 19th century, it seemed as if the Reich would enter an even more glorious Pax Romana for the entirety of the 20th century than that of even the First Empire's golden age. Then, everything changed when, on June 28, 1914, Crown Prince Franz Ferdinand was assassinated in cold blood by Lithuanian terrorists. His death would then escalate into a conflict of unprecented proportions, the Weltkrieg.

After a decade of continuous trench warfare, new advances of increasingly deadly technology and millions of lives that were cut short, the Reich finally emerged out of the Weltkrieg with a total, but pyrrhic victory. By 1922, Roman citizens would waking up newsreels of to our soldiers parading through the streets of Nanjing. When our troops returned home after the guns had fallen silent, it seemed as if the world would return to a sense of normalcy. History would turn out differently, when the Chinnese Empire, shortly after its defeat, would fall into into the revolutionary communist chaos that claimed Russia a few years earlier. Soon, the Eimericas follow China in revolution themselves Not long afterwards, the Reich would be griped by crippling poverty and civil discontent, becoming completely dependent on aid from its last remaining ally (aside from Kanata), the Indian Empire.

As calamitous crisis continued to grip the Realm of Romanitas, disillusioned young radiacals and older veterans left the homeland to serve as volunteers for the many civil wars abroad. When they returned to an emasculated Reich, they were eager to spark the embers of civil discontent into the all consuming fire of revolution. With communist sentiment boiling over cascading economic collapse, things finally came to a head when the Kaiser was killed when aboard the passenger airship, the Hindenburg, when it was attacked by radicalized Communist agents. Faced with a succession crises with no clear heirs apparent, the Imperial Diet saw no other means but to order Doukas, the new Caesar, to serve as regent and restore order to the Reich, these would be the finally spasms of a doomed nation. By the end of that year, Vento governor, Nicholas Dandolo, adressed the Roman Citizen and, in an infamous radio speech, declared the regency illegitimate and the Reich a dead nation. Ralling to his cause, several provinces rejected Berlin's new dictates and formed an Imperial Union State, vowing to rout out a "corrupt" Imperial government and install the Hohenzollern-Maximsts line on their place on the throne. This bellicose move was followed by Communists elements in the east, who seized Damacus and the Middle East provinces as the League of Red Spartacus Themes (or the Spartacus League for short). Even the Ecumenical Participate, in response to increasing secularism and the seizing of clergy estates, would rally an army of fervent believers in the Balkans and the heartlands of the old Second Empire, soon declaring a new crusade against the decadence and greed that consumed the country. Fearing fighting would spill into their territories, Sudafrika and Mittagsland seceded to guard their borders and restore meritocracy to the Reich. Meanwhile, the Domion of Neurhomania would be embroiled in a civil war of its own.

Almost over night, the greatest Empire in history collapsed into the greatest civil unrest iti had ever experienced since the fifty years war. brother took up arms against brother and cities across the nation were turned into blazing war zones. More bitter words were never spoken, Second Roman Civil War. The Roman provisional government lies beset at all sides on all sides. With legions in Gallia on the retreat from Dandolo's forces, the territories loyal to Doukas and the Diet are now limited to Provincia Germania, the Steel belt, and several scattered partisans in the Balkans.

Faced with a dire situation, we loyalists are struggling to safe guard our supply lines to cut off legions in Caledonia as they are hounded by IUS divisions in Britannia. Facing encirclement on all sides through all the gruesome fighting, all cause seems hopeless. But we think back to 1845, to Ludendoff. His army was shatterd at Brunn by the Maximsits, only to reassemble his army, against all odds, delivered a glorious victory at Budweis. Our fathers fought on, and so shall we. We unite against tehse rebels and return the rule of law to our great nation. So rally to the new Belisarius (Doukas) men, for our homes, our families, and our future. We will defend the birth right of the Hohenzollerns and will fight on as our fathers did! We problaim this sacred oath;
Down with the Traitors, Up with the Pheonix!
Also remember Gustav (I couldn't find his last name) from HOI3? The resistance turncoat who sided with the Soviets? I've gone and made him into John Reed because I could (and I couldn't find anyone else).:p

What should I call Stalin's faction by the way? Obiviosly we can't use Holy Roman Empire because of the Annionaverse, so what do you have in mind?

Anyways, here's the Kaiserreich redition of Battle Cry of Freedom. I mean, what else can I play? its perfect for this interlude.:D
While I'm at it, here's a link to the Hohenzollerverse lyrics I wrote for it.:)

Edit: I'm also thinking of adding some images to this interlude, you've got any WW2 pictures that you think would fit this, preferably unused pictues you excluded from Götterdämmerung?

Last edited:
I went to check the 1980s update for a bit and nothing I found contradicts this idea, so for awhile I thought this idea could work for this TTL's Felsig and Eliminator. That was before I checked elsewhere before I found evidence in the 90s update and the X-Divison updates that Schwarzenegger still starred in Eliminator, so this idea is now impossible from a continuity perspective, what a shame.:(
Did I say he was actually the Eliminator itself? He could've been Kyle Reese or John Connor, although I don't know how that would work.:p
Also, I’m pretty the Schwarzenegger movie Last Action Hero already did the joke of Stallone playing the Terminator, just letting you know.;)
I didn't know that. I just came up with the switch when I wrote that post.
Before I comment on this summary, I've got some things to get out of the way.
I noticed that you actualy put a Werid Al parody on the table of contents, even tho I didn't even mention it with the Iron Maiden rewrites. While I appreciate the gesture, I don't think that Werid Al song should be on the table of contents, mostly because I never got around to changing it. I only put the lyrics in so that post so that you can see what they are and so that I can have a refernce to draw back on when I actually got around to chaning it when the Prequel summaries came out, which I never got around to, because of this, there are refernces that don't fit this AAR prequel summary like Naboo and such. Most importanly, I didn't intent that post to be an interlude, I just wanted to share the idea of writing that song there and leave a a potential note for the future. Therefore, I think its best you remove that Weird Al song, espically since I've got more detailed interludes coming up. That said, I might adapt a Werid Al song in the future, just not in the immediate future.
I was confused and thought you were referring to that as well. It's fine, I'll remove it.
Another Tianxia idea I came up with would have the Free cities in Germania serve as Tianxia's equilvent of KR's legation cities. Of course, with the Free Cities being what they are, they'd probably be quickly annexed by bigger states in Germany like Prussia, Austria, the Rhine or the Alpine Republic (Helvetica), among other German states.
They should also have more routes of expansion, perhaps conquering Scandinavia and the Baltics under a new republic.
As for this Guardians Volume 2 summary, I enjoy it. Ego may be completely different from OTL, but I think this change fits the movie's themes better. Of course, we did unfortunately lose out on the Yondu funeral, I loved that scene in OTL's Guardians 2. At least we got even more character development for Quill and the Guardians, especially with that dialogue between Quill and Drax at the end there, that was nice.
Yeah, I lost a great scene but think I more than made up for it.
Anyway, here's my first Völkerschlacht interlude, adapted from the "World of Kaiserreich" YouTube series if you're interested. I hope you find this take on the Völkerschlacht's Roman Civil War very interesting.:D
That's perfect. I'll add it to the table of contents.
Also remember Gustav (I couldn't find his last name) from HOI3? The resistance turncoat who sided with the Soviets? I've gone and made him into John Reed because I could (and I couldn't find anyone else).:p
I didn't give him a last name.
What should I call Stalin's faction by the way? Obiviosly we can't use Holy Roman Empire because of the Annionaverse, so what do you have in mind?
Pact of God?
Edit: I'm also thinking of adding some images to this interlude, you've got any WW2 pictures that you think would fit this, preferably unused pictues you excluded from Götterdämmerung?
I don't have any unused pictures from HOI3 and if I did, I probably lost them in the depths of my external or cloud storage long ago. I could possibly dig them back up but my old directories from over two years ago are poorly organized and it would take way too much time to do so.

Did I say he was actually the Eliminator itself? He could've been Kyle Reese or John Connor, although I don't know how that would work.:p
Nope, Arnold still plays the Eliminator. I have this quote from the 90s update to back it up.
Eliminator 2: Armageddon follows Sarah Carlsen and her ten-year-old son Johan as they are pursued by the liquid metal, shapeshifting T-1000 Terminator, sent back in time to kill Johan Connor and prevent him from becoming the leader of the human resistance. A second, less advanced Terminator (Arnold Schwarzenegger) is also sent back in time to protect Johan.
So yeah, this switch up is impossible, sorry.
They should also have more routes of expansion, perhaps conquering Scandinavia and the Baltics under a new republic.
I could give some free cities in north Germania (like Hamburg) the option of forming unique nations like the Hensetic League. The Hansetic League definitely existed in this AAR, I know it was mentioned quite a few times in the CK2 chapters, so I think this makes sense. The Hansetic League can be formed when the Free Cities In the north band together to take on Prussian (who has the ability to form the Holy Roman Empire, as do all German states), Scandinavian or Lithuanian-Ruthenian aggression against them.
Pact of God?
That would work if it was for a military alliance or something, but it doesn’t work for what I’m going for because of two reasons. For one, I already have the Holy League as Stalin’s military alliance in Tianxia, so I can’t use there. Also, I’m trying to come with a name that’d could be possible name that a government would pick for a nation or their regime. Something like the Ecclesiarchy of Rome would make sense. Personally, I think a old Greek name like Basileia Rhomaion would work, given the core of Stalin’s territory.
I don't have any unused pictures from HOI3 and if I did, I probably lost them in the depths of my external or cloud storage long ago. I could possibly dig them back up but my old directories from over two years ago are poorly organized and it would take way too much time to do so.
That’s fine, I think I’ll go without photos for now. If I do find a good image, I’ll add it to the interlude.
I didn't give him a last name.
Alright, I’ll see if I can give him a good senior name. If not, I’ll either go with an actual member of the Spartacus or a original Judeo-Arab character.

Maybe I should use the Strasers instead, but I want to save them for when the Spartacus Union wins the war and then has the chance of going tho a totalist coup, possibly setting up a Third Roman Civil War (I’ll elaborate on this idea in a later post). You have any preference.

Also, about the Hindenburg mention in my previous interlude, I put there since I think there would be Trotsky style conspiracy theories about it. I think during HOI3, the Reich saw it as an accident, but I feel like evidence of NKVD foul doing would surface eventually, or at least they’ll be conspiracy theories about it, hence why I included it as a nod to those potential theories. I’m sure you can fit this idea somewhere In the X-Division arc.:D

Also, has that update about Amelia Earhart’s disappearance been addressed in the X-Division so far? I remember it was strongly hinted to be the result of an alien abduction, which is interesting since this seems to predate Sentineal, the Syndicate, or even the Agaidir incident in the 40s. Granted, the Jotun have left Earth at this point, with their abductees returned except for Earheart who’s likely long dead, so it probably won’t be discussed later on in X-Division at this point.

I’m just curious about this since it seems like it you had some hints of an X-Files style story way before NWO, even if it wasn’t intentional. I thought that was interesting. Any other details from earlier in this mega-campaign, beside that mechanical dragon in Marrakesh.

Speaking of the dragon, what do you think of the idea of it being left over technology from the Ancient Human Empire? That could be a neat way to tie it into the X-Divison.

I also kinda see it reactivated and someone to take it for a ride, like in the Heroes of Olympus series, but that’d probably be too much for this arc.:p
You can ignore this half of the Dragon idea and take it as a joke. I just had Heroes of Olympus pop into my mind when I wrote this and I wanted to do a reference.:D

When we go into Stellaris, what are the odds that humanity will unearth the technology from its past, like that now underwater UFO in West-Afrika?

I just realized questions are probably spoilers for what you plan on discussing in the arc. Sorry about that, if you want to answer these last few questions, you can put them in a spoiler. Otherwise, feel free to ignore them. I’ll come up with other topics not related to the X-Division arc for now.

Last edited: