• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Great write up! There's only 5 missions, so not sure how you got 6. Still, nice work and shows where I could make things a little harder next time. The increase in sight lines and your Lance's tuning for it really helps, as this was balanced around stock settings. Glad you noticed the custom paint jobs, that was a hard one to figure out and not break player salvage. Wish all skins could have unit logos on them, not just the special ones.

There were definitely 6 missions. Not sure how the branching works but I thought the convoy intercept was a side mission from the main branch, which would normally be Base Assault > Target Acquisition > Defend Base. The last 2 missions taking on the Muscles henchman was consecutive drops so definitely 2 there. Tell me how to reset the FP counter and I'll gladly have another go, I wasn't exactly taking notes this time around and wrote all that up from memory.

Yeah the extended LOS and sensors do make a difference and I can play perfectly well with out it and did so for a long time but it basically pissed me off so much that I have to change it every update, I did have it a bit longer for a while but brought it back to where it is now. You can get the same effect with the 100m cockpit mod so it's not game breaking. It also affects the AI too so their long range weapons get used a bit more too, so it's not all 1 way. Get a whole lance of missile boats against you and you can be hurting real quick.

There were definitely 6 missions. Not sure how the branching works but I thought the convoy intercept was a side mission from the main branch, which would normally be Base Assault > Target Acquisition > Defend Base. The last 2 missions taking on the Muscles henchman was consecutive drops so definitely 2 there. Tell me how to reset the FP counter and I'll gladly have another go, I wasn't exactly taking notes this time around and wrote all that up from memory.

Yeah the extended LOS and sensors do make a difference and I can play perfectly well with out it and did so for a long time but it basically pissed me off so much that I have to change it every update, I did have it a bit longer for a while but brought it back to where it is now. You can get the same effect with the 100m cockpit mod so it's not game breaking. It also affects the AI too so their long range weapons get used a bit more too, so it's not all 1 way. Get a whole lance of missile boats against you and you can be hurting real quick.

The mission flow should be:
  1. Lunar Base Destruction
  2. Lunar Convoy Assault (Consecutive Drop)
  3. Tropical Target Acquisition
  4. A Branch - "Kill the Muscle"
    1. Verdant Battle
    2. Verdant Highlands Assassination (Consecutive Drop)
  5. B Branch "Take the bribe"
    1. Verdant Battle
    2. Verdant Lowlands Base Defense (Consecutive Drop)
So, there are two Lunar missions, break, Tropical TA, break, FP Choice, two "normal biome" missions based on choice

The mission flow should be:
  1. Lunar Base Destruction
  2. Lunar Convoy Assault (Consecutive Drop)
  3. Tropical Target Acquisition
  4. A Branch - "Kill the Muscle"
    1. Verdant Battle
    2. Verdant Highlands Assassination (Consecutive Drop)
  5. B Branch "Take the bribe"
    1. Verdant Battle
    2. Verdant Lowlands Base Defense (Consecutive Drop)
So, there are two Lunar missions, break, Tropical TA, break, FP Choice, two "normal biome" missions based on choice

Never tried the B branch missions i take the A simply cos the pirates pissed me off by trying to nuke my mechbay so i decided to take them out i might try B branch on my next play through I am guessing if you do you slightly annoy yang

I don't know what to say, maybe my install is borked some how.

Looking at the flow chart, having chosen to take the bribe it looks like the FP has jumped to the defend base mission, and then reset and taken me down the A branch and given me the Kill the Muscle branch. Maybe it got messed up witht he infinite load issues I had and having to ALT F4 and reload. FWIW I liked the way it played out.

BTW I got the Atlas and the Lostech Weapon (LPL) was theat intended too?

I don't know what to say, maybe my install is borked some how.

Looking at the flow chart, having chosen to take the bribe it looks like the FP has jumped to the defend base mission, and then reset and taken me down the A branch and given me the Kill the Muscle branch. Maybe it got messed up witht he infinite load issues I had and having to ALT F4 and reload. FWIW I liked the way it played out.

BTW I got the Atlas and the Lostech Weapon (LPL) was theat intended too?
That's a really interesting bug I haven't heard of before. If you ever find a way to replicate it or get logs of it happening, let me know. So far, my quick and dirty 1.6 testing hasn't shown anything like that but I haven't had much time to focus on FP modding yet.

@Amechwarrior ... I reinstalled the mod and the stock pictures.... still couldn't load. I could read the message to look at the modtek log.... so here it is maybe it can help you one day address the issue....

Attachments

• ModTek.log
    1,4 MB · Views: 30
@Amechwarrior ... I reinstalled the mod and the stock pictures.... still couldn't load. I could read the message to look at the modtek log.... so here it is maybe it can help you one day address the issue....
You using the CAB mod? I'm asking now about that. I think they didn't add my stuff right. At the top there is an error saying duplicate files and thus not loading.

I am downloading the CAB and will manually reinstall it

For anyone reading this in the future who may have this error:

I've also updated my FP Stock Photos mod to self exclude when CAB is present and thus would load its FPSP anyway. FP Stock Photos v1.1.0 can be D/Led at /BattletechModders/Flashpoint-Stock-Photos/releases/tag/v1.1.0 on GitHub. This will still let "The Raid" load even if somehow the FPSP mod gets installed twice.

Thanks to Lady Alekto (RogueTech) for the help!

I've also updated my FP Stock Photos mod to self exclude when CAB is present and thus would load its FPSP anyway.

Does that include the 3025 only version of the CAB? Would have sworn that FPSP was not included in that CAB and don't want it to self disable when it doesn't have to.

Does that include the 3025 only version of the CAB? Would have sworn that FPSP was not included in that CAB and don't want it to self disable when it doesn't have to.
It should be as far as I know. If not, you don't need to update if you don't currently have any errors. Even if you should lose all of your mod files, my older releases are still on Git and the file can be easily edited.