• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Ohls

Recruit
14 Badges
May 29, 2017
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Surviving Mars
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Prison Architect
I'm running Ubuntu 17.04. I haven't played since a couple of weeks after launch, when the game was working fine. I can open the launcher(from steam) just fine, but whenever i try the resume or play button to start the game, the launcher just closes without starting imperator.

I tried launching the imperator binary from /common/ImperatorRome/binaries/ on a terminal and it gives me the following error:

./imperator: error while loading shared libraries: libc++abi.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Anyone know where I can go from here?

I'm running Ubuntu 17.04. I haven't played since a couple of weeks after launch, when the game was working fine. I can open the launcher(from steam) just fine, but whenever i try the resume or play button to start the game, the launcher just closes without starting imperator.

I tried launching the imperator binary from /common/ImperatorRome/binaries/ on a terminal and it gives me the following error:

./imperator: error while loading shared libraries: libc++abi.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Anyone know where I can go from here?
Code:
Sudo apt-get install libc++-7-dev

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately I get
Code:
E: Unable to locate package libc++-7-dev
E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'libc++-7-dev'

When I try to run that. I also tried downloading it from https://packages.ubuntu.com/xenial/amd64/libc++-dev/download but I'm not sure its the correct thing because it doesn't make a difference.
Try to install at least something similar
Code:
sudo apt-get install libc++
libc++1          libc++-7-dev     libc++abi1-7     libc++abi-8-dev  libc++-dev
libc++1-7        libc++-8-dev     libc++abi1-8     libc++abi-dev    libc++-helpers
libc++1-8        libc++abi1       libc++abi-7-dev  libc++abi-test   libc++-test

I have the same Problem on Linux Mint 19.1
I will try to install libc++

edit: after installing 'libc++-7-dev' i can run the game from the launcher again. Thanks Ujin.

Last edited:
Cicero update : the launcher is still broken.
Nevertheless the following bypass works : Add LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libc.so.6 %command% in the steam launching options.

Last edited: