• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Johan

Studio Manager Paradox Tinto
Administrator
Paradox Staff
15 Badges
Dec 14, 1999
  • Diplomacy
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Magicka
  • Starvoid
We're in the middle of developing Cicero, and while it is "feature" complete, as in having all the features we want in the update done.

This time we are trying something different out, to let you guys participate in the phase from alpha until release. What does this mean?

- We will be updating it several times, during this time.
- UI/UX is not finalised, and will be worked upon during these two months.
- A lot of Art and SFX is currently placeholders.
- The AI is not great yet at handling the new features.
- Balance is not yet 100%.

July will be focused on making sure the new functionality works properly, and getting balance to a close enough state that the AI development does not have to be done multiple times.

Please report any actual bugs in the usual bugforum, with "Cicero" in the title.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Is the best place to make Cicero suggestions still the suggestion subforum?

I'm very happy that you are wiling to give this approach a try. Hopefully us players will use it well so that you recieve valuable feedback in time to make 1.2 a better patch when it is launched in September.

I always thought PDS would improve the game... but what we've been seeing the last week or so is something else. I don't know that I've ever seen a game studio be so committed to such a significant overhaul, so rapidly. Its awesome.

I was going to wait until a patch or two after Cicero to try Imperator again... but given how active PDS are with both the (re)development and their comms, the Cicero alpha seems the right time to jump back in.

I always thought PDS would improve the game... but what we've been seeing the last week or so is something else. I don't know that I've ever seen a game studio be so committed to such a significant overhaul, so rapidly. Its awesome.

I was going to wait until a patch or two after Cicero to try Imperator again... but given how active PDS are with both the (re)development and their comms, the Cicero alpha seems the right time to jump back in.

Agree. I thought we weren't going to be seeing any major changes post-Pompey until September.
This open beta is like an early Christmas gift.

We're in the middle of developing Cicero, and while it is "feature" complete, as in having all the features we want in the update done.

This time we are trying something different out, to let you guys participate in the phase from alpha until release. What does this mean?

July will be focused on making sure the new functionality works properly, and getting balance to a close enough state that the AI development does not have to be done multiple times.

Please report any actual bugs in the usual bugforum, with "Cicero" in the title.
This early testing is a great way to do it!

Great move, Johan, I appreciate it! It is becoming a good game

"Please note that save games from 1.1 Pompey and older versions of the game will not function without issue on 1.2 Cicero."

[...]July will be focused on making sure the new functionality works properly, and getting balance to a close enough state that the AI development does not have to be done multiple times.
[...]

It seems like the migration-speed modifier being conflated with conversion speed is the type of thing that will be a priority then, nice.

i suspect players will be motivated to provide even meatier feedback after a patch or two of the most basic fixes like the migration, the overtuned popularity from battles and the pending fixes from 1.1.

... I was honestly prepared to see no patches at all througout july because of summer-vacation memes.

thanks!

i suspect players will be motivated to provide even meatier feedback after a patch or two of the most basic fixes like the migration, the overtuned popularity from battles and the pending fixes from 1.1.

all of that should be in an update next week, and more..

It's simply astonishing you've managed to effectively redesign large parts of the game, and even put together an alpha with just about all material data content updated in tandem (inferred from the fact it still hasn't crashed for me) - less than three months after release.

Outstanding!

And this is what gets me; Paradox goes the extra 5 miles to make the game right. The negative ratings by unsubstantiated accusation bombthrowers and "Paradox is greedy" morons won't wise up to the reality of how Paradox is truly. What other game company does this?! Really makes my blood boil!

Thanks Paradox. Stay strong and this willing to interact!