• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Seeing people commenting about there still being no minimum family size for "scored families". Can still have a one person family be "scorned" in the game. This could be solved via a hotfix and adding a line in the defines to let it be like a minimum scorned families threshold of 5 that can be tweaked by players not doing ironman as desired. Doesn't make sense to have a blob of 1-3 member member families negatively impacting you if you have a large empire and almost every mid/large family is covered. Anyhow, looking to pick it up (and some other goodies on steam) this week and finally getting to test it out personally. :D

Almost a week after the patch is out, I still can't update it on MS store... I know this is a question that belongs to the early 2000s but... is there a downloadable patch somewhere? :V

ok seriously what is the hold up with the windows store feels like we are being punished for using the game pass instead of paying the 40 dollar price tag up front

My game is downloading something finally off the MS Store. It's 10x slower than if it was on Steam though... this 1$ upgrade is turning out to be a bad investment :p

Update 1: My download is at 100% and I'm getting an Error Installing. Refresh gives me the same error, I now need to click the Restart button that warns me this will uninstall and redownload the full game. At least this download is faster. I doubt it will work. Ill update once done.

Update 2: Uninstall and full download has worked. Game Launcher shows Pompey 1.1.1 version, did we get a hotfix? The launcher didn't show the same version as everyone else before either, so might just be another one of the MS Store things.

Last edited:
oh nvm it gets done downloading then says there was an error so it still isnt even working

i really takes a special kind of company to make just updating a game this painful

1) go to the xbox app
2) uninstall the game
3) reinstall the game
4) weep as the "name not available" app clogs up the downloads section of the microsoft store for basically forever as far as I can tell because you can't remove it

Imagine if you'd actually BOUGHT it on the Microsoft store.

Really glad I didn't now

Im not sure why anyone would buy anything other than xbox natives games on there. its just terrible in terms of UI/UX.

Oh and the xbxo app keeps spamming my event viewer that my "disks have been surprise removed" which is TERRIFYING to read as a warning, until more research indicates that this is the xbox app apparently using basically disk containers and 'unmounting' them when you play an xbox game becaue taht's how the Ms store delivers content. Hurray for hundreds of disk warnings in my event viewer meaning I will definitely ignore the ACTUAL warnings of my disks failing

Im not sure why anyone would buy anything other than xbox natives games on there. its just terrible in terms of UI/UX.

Oh and the xbxo app keeps spamming my event viewer that my "disks have been surprise removed" which is TERRIFYING to read as a warning, until more research indicates that this is the xbox app apparently using basically disk containers and 'unmounting' them when you play an xbox game becaue taht's how the Ms store delivers content. Hurray for hundreds of disk warnings in my event viewer meaning I will definitely ignore the ACTUAL warnings of my disks failing

Yeah this isn't even worth the $1 tbh,

So did the reinstall work for you guys? I had the same error & I'm re-downloading now, but with Aussie internet its still going to take awhile.

So did the reinstall work for you guys? I had the same error & I'm re-downloading now, but with Aussie internet its still going to take awhile.

Yes reinstalling worked for me. See my updated comment on my original post # 84 in this thread.

P.S. I removed the game via "Add or remove programs" not from the Store.

Last edited:

For some reason the MS store said there were 2 updates, one for Imperator and another for "Name not available"

After uninstalling the 'correct' one seems to work and the launcher says 1.1.0

The "name not available" one keeps erroring out and now i cant remove it. Hurray MS store................

Also on the Windows Store. If you uninstall the game from Windows (I had it on the start menu so just right click -> uninstall) and then reinstall from the App, it will apply the update correctly and launch in version 1.1.

However, you will ONLY have access to v1.1 with no way to back-rev to any previous patch, so all your previous save files will be completely useless. Paradox has blamed the Microsoft Store for not having a rollback mechanism. However, the fact that they have not developed these updates with backwards compatibility as a software requirement puts the vast majority of the blame on Paradox and is an indictment of their software practices. They seem entirely out of touch with the industry best practices in gaming, who have a standard of releasing major patches AND allowing for previous saves to function in the new environment. The Microsoft Store has its issues as a very naive and minimalist offering, but this poor design is 100% on Paradox for not building a continuum approach to their game.

So our only option as consumers through the Microsoft Store is to start and finish any games as quickly as possible, despite the fact they take many, many hours to complete, because if we don't they will be lost once the next update rolls out. For me, I simply will not be starting any new games since I have no guarantee that I could take them to the endpoint if I can't dedicate consistent time to doing so before the next major patch releases and it is incredibly disheartening to lose the effort put in. Incredibly disappointed with the utter administrative failure displayed by Paradox in this issue, from the timely launch of the patch to the complete lack of available remediation to prevent total loss of effort. Bad form.

For those using the MS Store I apologize for the issues with fetching the update. To help us and Microsoft improve this, could you let us know what kind of error message you get when attempting to fetch the update? If you click on "See Details" next toe the error - what does it show?

For those using the MS Store I apologize for the issues with fetching the update. To help us and Microsoft improve this, could you let us know what kind of error message you get when attempting to fetch the update? If you click on "See Details" next toe the error - what does it show?

It downloaded the patch, it then gave "Error Installing". Doing Refresh would give me the exact same error. Rebooting did not fix the issue. I then removed the game from "Add or Remove Programs" and re-downloaded and it worked properly.

Any chance of MS Store users getting access to the Beta branch somehow ?

I've alrady submitted feedback to MS and tbh its really not somthing you guys can fix. It just appears to be 'how the MS store is just terrible in general'

But if you're interested here's the event viewer log file. its a 0x80070002 error

Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: AppxDeploymentFailureBlue
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: 80070002
P2: 12
P3: 0
P4: NONE
P5: 10.0.18362.175
P6: 495
P7:
P8:
P9:
P10:

Attached files:

These files may be available here:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\NonCritical_80070002_ab83d2e74f6807173f8dba397ece2819e674e2_00000000_d0fc2d30-33f0-47d9-a5f4-8349b2e14248

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: d0fc2d30-33f0-47d9-a5f4-8349b2e14248
Report Status: 4
Hashed bucket:
Cab Guid: 0

If you want I could upload a boat load of WER error log, event logs, etc. I'd probably not want to do it here though (in case I dont santize the data correctly), should I submit a ticket?

Also yeah the "Name not available" app is still stuck in my download queue and can't be removed.

Last edited:
It downloaded the patch, it then gave "Error Installing". Doing Refresh would give me the exact same error. Rebooting did not fix the issue. I then removed the game from "Add or Remove Programs" and re-downloaded and it worked properly.

Any chance of MS Store users getting access to the Beta branch somehow ?
We are not able to offer Beta branches on MS Store at this moment, sorry.